Downpay ferrari at just 30k?

StreetFight3r

[laugh] [laugh] Ok, OT a little. Got time go to Lazada and see this https://www.lazada.sg/products/bowers-wilkins-nautilus-the-ultimate-loudspeaker-black-one-pair-i286446089-s459905538.html

Read the Q&A. Good read on a lazy day. :D

Haha. First, I have mild hearing impairment because of aging, can hear engine noise happy liao, pure music i also cant tell the diff. Second, if I have 120k spare cash, I will go do something else , not on car or drivers. Edited by Ct3833

Haha. First, I have mild hearing impairment because of aging, can hear engine noise happy liao, pure music i also cant tell the diff. Second, if I have 120k spare cash, I will go do something else , not on car or drivers.

DaGe, $120k spare cash, you have multiples lah....

Huat ah!

• Praise 1

DaGe, $120k spare cash, you have multiples lah....

Huat ah!

Vietnamese dong I may have, not too sure still. I cigar-rette also cannot afford since day one, how to help you understand huh? Haha.

ST Group advertise... toyota corolla with overtrade $20k?

same Ferrari tactic but different car, like that less than $10k can drive off a Cororri already, I should consider this option.

Some dealers said they are selling less cars because economy is bad, but COEs all got snapped up, meaning dealers are selling as many cars as the number of available COE quota, how can they sell less cars?

But this might be true for used car dealers, less people are changing cars and buying used cars, some experts may want to provide some insight.

Edited by Ct3833

Vietnamese dong I may have, not too sure still. I cigar-rette also cannot afford since day one, how to help you understand huh? Haha.

I see.

Mine is a chinese dong.

sadly in this world. i have seen people buying a 8-year old conti, posting as if its brand new. bragging that he paid full cash for it.

but imho. ur car price cant even pay for others downpayment. what is there to brag?

Bragging is acceptable. Humblebrag is not.

worse is post inspirational quotes + brag yet the car is not BRAND NEW! almost otw to scrap yard

That’s why you see many new Car Plate e.g SMA on an old bmw, those whom doesn’t know about car would think it’s brand new but those whom are familiar with car models would know the truth

Easier said than done, if one could afford, he would have paid cash , why pay interest ? Not everyone could be as cash rich as you are to afford down payment. It is bad to say poor people make poor decision. A person who have less money may have to make a less favorable decision financially because of his financial situation, but it does not necessarily mean poor people are stupid all the time. If course one can say cannot afford a car then dont buy, this is generally true, but some may need a car for unique situation, how would we know ?

what is someone whom bought a $200k car with 60% loan.  Is he not stupid by just using the 40% dp to just pay for a $80k car and remain car debt-free?

I like to hear opinions on such cases... [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

what is someone whom bought a $200k car with 60% loan. Is he not stupid by just using the 40% dp to just pay for a $80k car and remain car debt-free?

Ya damn stupiak

Coz instead of $80k, some will say can spend $55k on Perodua and it's same same as Audi wor

• Praise 1

what is someone whom bought a $200k car with 60% loan.  Is he not stupid by just using the 40% dp to just pay for a $80k car and remain car debt-free?

You mean why can't he use 80k to buy a car in cash and remain debt free? I would like to think of this as personal preference. Some people like the instant gratification from getting something even if they can't afford it right away. For 80k he may not get the car he wants. One needs to factor in how many years the loan is spread across cos this affects the monthly installments. It also depends on how much money he makes. If he has the ability to service the loan on his 200K car, why not? Otherwise, this decision is stupid.

It is all about how you make use of cash around you. But people who typically take 80-100% loan usually struggle with making the monthly payments. In this case deliberately setting up a company so you can register a supercar and take 100% loan is just stupid unless the guy is really able to pay off the monthly installments. Installments are one thing, one needs to factor in the repairs as well. Can you imagine if you live on a tight budget and you have barely enough for petrol and installments? The minute repairs come in, no money to fix the car. Leave the car sitting at the workshop, etc. Last time when there was 100% loan, you would see so many auction cars. 

Everyone does things for different reasons, firstly the question if he is willing spend so much on a car maybe he feels the car gives him a better emotional high compared to a 80k car. Maybe he can use the excess cash in investments to churn out a better return? 

Cars due to their cost have become somewhat of a status symbol which invokes envy also because most daily people want one. When hand phones were first introduced it also invoke similar kind of envy and comparison but fast forward to today its become so common and so available people don't even blink when the person next to them whips out the latest Iphone, Huawei etc. Haha I guess its humans being humans.

• Praise 3

$200k 60% loan  is to buy dream, 

$80k car-debt-free is realistic.

my little opinion. xD

• Praise 3

$200k 60% loan  is to buy dream, 

$80k car-debt-free is realistic.

my little opinion. xD

True.... but need to balance being realistic and to pursue dreams...

• Praise 3

what is someone whom bought a $200k car with 60% loan. Is he not stupid by just using the 40% dp to just pay for a $80k car and remain car debt-free?

To each his own, but if he takes huge loan to buy $200k car and then crash and burn, nobody will or should help.

My first car was a 16yr old costing $24k back in 1999. Full cash settle, private seller to private buyer

• Praise 1

YOLO...
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

To each his own, but if he takes huge loan to buy $200k car and then crash and burn, nobody will or should help.

My first car was a 16yr old costing $24k back in 1999. Full cash settle, private seller to private buyer

eh? i thought you only buy new cars