What is the exchange info at the accident site?

iphone8

Hi Brothers and Sisters,

Need your advice.

Just met an accident recently.

The other driver took photo of my driving license.

However, the other driver only gave me his membership card for photo taking.

His membership has his photo but his NRIC number is incomplete, eg: S78xxxx55E.

So far, the info I had collected from him is his membership card photo and phone number.

I had make a report at one of my insurer's workshop.

1. May I know whether we should provide the real driving license for other party to take photo at the accident site?

If not, a membership card also ok?

2. What is the info that we should collected from other party at the accident site?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Usually,take Photos of his NRIC,if not..take alot of Photos on the Accident....Damages,etc....Ask for his Number,if the other Party is at Fault,make sure you go Dashcam to prove.

Usually,take Photos of his NRIC,if not..take alot of Photos on the Accident....Damages,etc....Ask for his Number,if the other Party is at Fault,make sure you go Dashcam to prove.....What Membership card.? [furious]  [shakehead] ....The other party don't even got Driving Licence.?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Huh? Simi powderful membership card is this?

This is the advise from AXA:

post-1105-0-38828800-1564927179_thumb.jpg

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 1

Usually,take Photos of his NRIC,if not..take alot of Photos on the Accident....Damages,etc....Ask for his Number,if the other Party is at Fault,make sure you go Dashcam to prove.

Usually,take Photos of his NRIC,if not..take alot of Photos on the Accident....Damages,etc....Ask for his Number,if the other Party is at Fault,make sure you go Dashcam to prove.....What Membership card.? [furious]  [shakehead] ....The other party don't even got Driving Licence.?

Ya. Took photo of the accident scene with number plate.

His company union membership card.

I checked with my insurer workshop. She told me that he should not take photo of my driving license.

Just need to write down my particulars.

No need ic. Just on sight pix of damage and most importantly the car plate..

I think you are right. The workshop did not write down the driver name and IC in the GIA report.

Minimum details is name, NRIC number, phone number and car plate number.

Dont give NRIC if you want to take photos, driving licence enough.

Minimum details is name, NRIC number, phone number and car plate number.

Dont give NRIC if you want to take photos, driving licence enough.

I am not sure whether taking photo on driving license of other party will violate Personal Data Protection Act.

• Praise 1

come sept'19, this pdpa thing is going to be very confusing. wait for another 'sept 11' bombing then maybe change again.

Somehow NRIC/PIN number are so important you cannot keep unless require by law. So even in a case if the other driver refused to give, you also cannot do anything. I think taking photo of both cars and licence plate number should be min. Best the position of the cars in the accidents location as proof. 

Exchange of phone number if both parties wish to do private settlement. Otherwise, the rest of info also no use right?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Important is ask for driving licence and exchange phone number.... cause later that fella boh licence one.... hong kan already.... if the fella refuse.... report police to keep a record.... protect yourself.... 

I always believe most impt no one get hurts.... no need to kpkb diu ne lo moh..... just exchange details and let the insurance company do their work.... we pay them monthly "protection $$$" not for nothing...  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 3

Important is ask for driving licence and exchange phone number.... cause later that fella boh licence one.... hong kan already.... if the fella refuse.... report police to keep a record.... protect yourself.... 

I always believe most impt no one get hurts.... no need to kpkb diu ne lo moh..... just exchange details and let the insurance company do their work.... we pay them monthly "protection $$$" not for nothing...  [lipsrsealed]

Even if that fella boh license also too late liao...... The insurance company can refuse liability. Got to claim own insurance

Usually ask for driving license, as mentioned, to check if he/she got license to drive. If no license, chance is that there is no insurance coverage. Avoid taking photo of IC as it will disclose your home address.

For hit and run, as long your cam captures his/her license plate -ok liao.

• Praise 1

Hi Brothers and Sisters,

Need your advice.

Just met an accident recently.

The other driver took photo of my driving license.

However, the other driver only gave me his membership card for photo taking.

His membership has his photo but his NRIC number is incomplete, eg: S78xxxx55E.

So far, the info I had collected from him is his membership card photo and phone number.

I had make a report at one of my insurer's workshop.

1. May I know whether we should provide the real driving license for other party to take photo at the accident site?

If not, a membership card also ok?

2. What is the info that we should collected from other party at the accident site?

Usually is the NRIC/driving license and contact number of the other party.

come sept'19, this pdpa thing is going to be very confusing. wait for another 'sept 11' bombing then maybe change again.

Somehow NRIC/PIN number are so important you cannot keep unless require by law. So even in a case if the other driver refused to give, you also cannot do anything. I think taking photo of both cars and licence plate number should be min. Best the position of the cars in the accidents location as proof. 

Exchange of phone number if both parties wish to do private settlement. Otherwise, the rest of info also no use right?

Even though cannot take photo of his license, I think the driver must show his license for me to take down his name and NRIC number.

So even in a case if the other driver refused to give, I think I should report to police?

When I made the insurance report at the workshop, the clerk wrote down his number plate only.

She did not ask for his name and NRIC.

So, I am thinking whether name and NRIC of other driver is important.

I am no expert but I don't think it is important.  The owner of that vehicle is responsible if he couldn't prove he is not the driver. PDPA is a very strong tool come 1st Sept. Better not get involved in NRIC or PIN numbers.

Car number plate can trace who is owner

↡ Advertisement