Amazing Huawei Mate 30 - Its Coming Soon

steveluv

https://9to5google.com/2019/09/23/how-to-install-google-apps-on-mate-30-pro/

This is how easy it is to get Google apps on the Huawei Mate 30 Pro [Video]

Damien Wilde - Sep. 23rd 2019 1:00 am PT@iamdamienwilde

bb.thumb.jpg.eb6ae685a44e211b937c7c0ea0cb3115.jpg

The Huawei Mate 30 Pro is in a place that no other flagship has been before, launching globally but with no ‘official’ access to the Google Play Store and Google Play Services right out of the box. This means that many of your favorite Google apps are not instantly accessible on the Mate 30 Pro without a workaround or sideloading.

Luckily it is ridiculously easy to get Google Play Services, and therefore, Google apps working on the Huawei Mate 30 Pro. I need to preface this by saying that you can ‘sideload’ many Google apps using sites like APKmirror but without the underlying libraries and necessary data, they will fail to load or encounter issues.

Installing the Google Play Services frameworks turns the Huawei Mate 30 Pro into what you’d consider a ‘normal’ Android smartphone. You can use every Google app as normal and all-in-all, the process takes less than 10 minutes and doesn’t need any real technical know-how — meaning it can be done by just about anyone.

While Huawei cannot tell you how to install Google apps on the Mate 30 Pro for legal reasons, it’s unclear if employees in carrier stores will be able to help potential buyers add the Google Service Assistant APK file to their devices and streamline the process even further.

I have personally been running Google Play Services since the Mate 30 launch with zero issues, everything works as expected with no major hiccups beyond the fact the phone comes without the ‘normal’ setup process we’re all used to.

It was initially believed that an unlocked bootloader would be needed to install custom ROMs with Google Play Services and apps included but the solution is far more simple than that. The Huawei AppGallery does have a substantial library but it won’t ever be able to compete with the Google Play Store in sheer size and scale.

How to install Google app on the Huawei Mate 30 Pro

1. Open the stock ‘Browser’ or alternatively sideload the Chrome APK (does not need Google Play Services to operate)

2. Head to the following web address: http://www.lzplay.net/

3. Hit the big blue button to download the Google Services Framework installer

4. Allow the Google Services Assistant installer to install all of the necessary files and frameworks.

5. Once the Google Play Store is installed, run the application.

6. At this point, you may encounter issues being able to sign in. Simply restart your device and re-launch.

7. Sign-in and install any Google apps (note: you do not need to install all Google apps should you not require them).

8. Follow the video guide above for step-by-step instructions.

aa.thumb.jpg.c86886f8a2762700a1aeae5eb76e1d60.jpg

All-in-all the entire process takes less than 10 minutes to complete — in fact, it took me less than five minutes from receiving the device to being able to launch the Google Play Store with no issues.

Signing-in to the Google Play Store also means that other Google apps like Gmail, Drive, Maps and the rest will automatically log you in on the Mate 30 Pro just as they would on a licensed Android phone.

Once the Google Services Framework is installed, the Mate 30 Pro runs just like any other Android phone. I haven’t encountered any major issues beyond some picture-in-picture annoyances with YouTube. Google Pay appears to work with no problems — although I will be testing this over the coming days — as do all of my banking apps.

If you have questions, then be sure to stick them down in the comments section below.

• Praise 2

On 9/22/2019 at 4:17 PM, Wt_know said:

owner can “reformat” the phone and install Android “vanilla” OS?

This would essentially be rooting the phone. The only one with close to "vanilla" os is pixel. 

Just sharing my experience with my Redmi note 7. The unit I got is the CDM version. So it came with no google apps. Downloading the apk is simple and easy. However, setting up the system requires some research like going to settings to give permission to access data and change tons of default settings etc. I also encounter a few times app store will not update on its own and have to clear the cache to do that. Also, while in Japan, my google map is unable to work. No problem in SG though. Still not sure of the reason why. Another problem I have is while trying to download app from browser, it will bring me to the China version of the app store. Tried to change the default settings but can't find the option.

However I think HW will make all these easier with their open source android. I think the techie guys will love the open source android as it is much smoother, more power efficient and customization. Stability is a concern but I think HW with a big software team will resolve that issue. I'm interested to wait for reviews to see if there is other kind of customization that can be done on the M30.

• Praise 3

41 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Just sharing my experience with my Redmi note 7. The unit I got is the CDM version. So it came with no google apps. Downloading the apk is simple and easy. However, setting up the system requires some research like going to settings to give permission to access data and change tons of default settings etc. I also encounter a few times app store will not update on its own and have to clear the cache to do that. Also, while in Japan, my google map is unable to work. No problem in SG though. Still not sure of the reason why. Another problem I have is while trying to download app from browser, it will bring me to the China version of the app store. Tried to change the default settings but can't find the option.

However I think HW will make all these easier with their open source android. I think the techie guys will love the open source android as it is much smoother, more power efficient and customization. Stability is a concern but I think HW with a big software team will resolve that issue. I'm interested to wait for reviews to see if there is other kind of customization that can be done on the M30.

Don't they just usually bootload the international rom and os onto these china ones?

I can do early recontract end of Oct (the $350 is waived). Hope they sort out the google issue by then otherwise will consider another model.

Huawei Insider Confirms Putting Google Apps On Huawei Mate 30 Pro 'Is Easy'
David Phelan Senior Contributor Consumer Tech

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F

Huawei’s next flagship, the Huawei Mate 30 Pro, looks gorgeous and is stuffed with advanced innovations and cutting-edge tech.

But, unless there’s a change in the political weather from President Trump, it will launch without a full-fat Google Android on board. This is not Huawei’s preference, but it has reluctantly said the phone will launch with AOSP, that’s the basic, open-source version of Android on it.

Which means there’s no Google Play Store, no Gmail, no Google Maps and so on, all of which require Google Mobile Services (GMS), and the current situation precludes Huawei launching with that.

There have been indications recently that loading GMS was far from impossible, though it could be fraught with difficulties and require a steady nerve.

Now, though, there is evidence that loading Google apps to the Huawei Mate 30 Pro is quick, simple and highly effective. And that evidence comes from an impeccable source: someone inside Huawei itself.

The insider, speaking confidentially to me, explained that the process took them a matter of minutes, after which they logged into Google Play Store, and were then able to download apps seamlessly in a conventional way.

There are tutorials on the internet, including a useful one from the reliably excellent Damien Wilde at 9to5Google.

That’s good, because this method includes using a site called lzplay.net which is all in Chinese. Wilde’s tutorial helpfully indicates how to progress through this. Wilde says it’s a five-minute operation, too. The 9to5Google explainer also warns that this process is done at the user’s own risk – a standard comment on this kind of story.

As you can see from the photograph above, the Huawei insider has been able to load Gmail, Google Maps, Play Store, YouTube, a folder of Google apps and more.

Moreover, I’m told that their Mate 30 Pro is completely stable and “working as you’d expect.” All apps, the source said, are “functioning brilliantly, the whole thing is easy.”

This doesn’t mean the process is completely without concerns, as explored by fellow Forbes contributor Zak Doffman here.

And it’s still, frankly, more complicated than many customers will want to get involved with. If other phones have all these items installed before they’re sold, many will choose those brands instead.

But they won’t get Huawei’s stellar design, brilliant battery life, outstanding cameras and more. The side-loading system, now it's proving to be simple, makes a big difference.  There are still sticking points. Netflix will not work to its fullest, but a simple way around that would be if Netflix puts its app in the Huawei App Gallery, its equivalent of the Google Play Store.

It's not a complete solution, then, but it certainly makes the phone much more enticing.

Although the best outcome for Huawei and customers alike would be the lifting of the trading ban between Huawei and the U.S. – something that still could happen – the fact that getting the Google apps people want onto the Mate 30 series of phones opens up a lot of exciting possibilities.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidphelan/2019/09/23/huawei-insider-confirms-putting-google-apps-on-huawei-mate-30-pro-is-easy/#449144916dbf

Edited by steveluv
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Don't they just usually bootload the international rom and os onto these china ones?

Nope. From what I understand, those CDM phones that are exported are the same. They somehow manage to install google apk (or you can install on your own) but the rom is still for CDM. I have those china apps that I can't uninstall on my note7. Similar to those international phones where the google apps can't be uninstalled.

For export set, the company will install the international rom with google apps and those can't be used in China. So be careful when buying china phones online and choose the correct ROM (China or international). For this HW mate30, I think HW will install international rom w/o google apps. But the rom should be already programmed to work with google apps flawlessly. Not like the China rom. It will be foolish of them to install a rom not optimized for google apps for the international market.

• Praise 2

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/news/mobile-phone/huawei-mate-30-pro-on-sale-26-september-china-3702779/

Huawei Mate 30 Pro on sale tomorrow in China
The UK and Europe waits as China gets the best Huawei phone yet
By Henry Burrell | 8 hours ago

H4owlbZ.png

The Huawei Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro have just got an official release date after their launch in Munich last week. If you’re in China, you’ll be able to buy the phones from tomorrow, 26 September (via GSMArena). 

The big story for us with the Mate 30 phones is their lack of Google apps and services out of the box. Even though it’s not too hard to get Google apps on them (we did it) it’s not the best user experience. All other Android phones in the West have them fully installed, and for a phone that costs over 1,000 Euros, it’s seriously off putting.

No such problem in China, where Google simply doesn’t exist. Chinese retailers Vmall and JD have the phones up for pre-order already, so the official announcement is no surprise. After all, Huawei had to launch the phone somewhere.

We unboxed the Mate 30 Pro and it is a stunning phone. The quad cameras look to improve on the already stupendously good P30 Pro but it’ll be a tough sell for European buyers if it comes to our shores. Without easy access to Google services, we’d be cautious about spending this much money on a phone when you could buy a Samsung, Oppo, Sony or OnePlus phone with full Google integration.

On 9/24/2019 at 3:27 PM, steveluv said:

but this is using google apps illegally?? 

not a long term solution. if google come out with some thing else to block it??

since google dun want them , they need their own version sooner or later

On 9/26/2019 at 9:42 AM, Beregond said:

but this is using google apps illegally?? 

not a long term solution. if google come out with some thing else to block it??

since google dun want them , they need their own version sooner or later

I believe Google purposely left the back door open for them to enter.

• Praise 6

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/2019/09/30/huawei-has-already-sold-a-million-mate-30s-before-international-sales-begin/#624c84c372f8

Huawei Has Already Sold A Million Mate 30s Before International Sales Begin

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

The U.S. government’s ban on Huawei from doing business with Google has placed the Chinese phone giant’s recent flagship phone the Mate 30 in uncertain territory. The phone series has officially been launched in Munich, and European pricing has been announced, but there’s no word on when the phones will actually go on sale, likely because Huawei would like to resolve the Google issue before its international rollout.

In China, however, it’s business as usual for Huawei–and good business at that. The Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro handsets went on sale this past Thursday and, according to Huawei, sold a million units in three hours.

Huawei’s a private company, so these figures can’t be verified, but photos of the crowd at Huawei’s new Shenzhen flagship store do show a packed house with long lines.

960x0.jpg?fit=scale
Long lines outside Huawei’s flagship store in Nanshan district of Shenzhen as fans are waiting to ... [+]WEIBO

Furthermore, stock on Taobao are currently out, and imported models of the Mate 30 are on sale in Hong Kong at a mark up of an extra HK$1,500–signs that demand surpasses supply.

Selling a million unit in under a week is impressive, but perhaps not surprising given Huawei’s popularity in its home country, which has only increased following the recent U.S. drama. Some Chinese citizens feel Huawei has been unfairly scrutinized by the Trump administration, and thus want to show their support out of a sense of patriotism. According to research firm Canalys, Huawei shipped 37.3 million phones in China in the second quarter of this year, up 31% over 2018. Huawei, in fact, was the only brand to increase sales over the previous year in China, as Apple, Xiaomi, Oppo and Vivo all suffered lower sales than their 2018 numbers.

I was able to secure a retail unit of the Mate 30 Pro on the first day they went on sale, and I’m currently in the midst of reviewing it. And while the verdict is still out on the open-sourced version of Android running on the phone, I can say that the hardware is yet again highly impressive and continues the hot streak of the P20 Pro, Mate 20 Pro, and P30 Pro.

960x0.jpg?fit=scale
Huawei’s new flagship store in Shenzhen.HUAWEI

The Mate 30 series features a dual 40-megapixel sensor, with one being a standard lens and the other a wide-angle camera. This is the largest megapixel count in a wide-angle camera yet, and so far photos have been impressive.

I’ll have a full review, as well as a camera comparison against other top phones in the coming weeks.

• Praise 4

On 9/24/2019 at 3:11 PM, Beregond said:

I find it funny that ppl is comparing hp like comparing  camera??

maybe i out of time😑

The HP is no more use for talking. It seems messaging, talking photo, web sites and watching shows are key functions. Sometimes i also don't understand,  instead of calling, people message when they they to confirm important thing fast.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

DxOMark: Huawei Mate 30 Pro sets the new camera benchmark

gsmarena_001.png

gsmarena_002.png

The Huawei Mate 30 Pro climbed to the top of the DxOMark camera ranking, beating the Galaxy Note10+ by 4 points in the overall score. The still photo score of 131 is the highest yet and is what helped push the phone to the top.

The Mate 30 Pro went through the new review process, which includes tests for the ultra wide camera and the phone's night mode. The Mate aced the Night test (it currently holds the highest score) and its zoom camera did an admirable job – it’s 3x instead of 5x zoom like on the P30 Pro, which means it delivers better performance at medium zoom (though it falls behind at 5x).

The ultrawide angle camera got some criticism for its relatively narrow field of view, but that’s the trade-off for getting the image quality that Huawei did (and avoiding issues like soft corners).

The Huawei Mate 30 Pro got a respectable video score of 100, one behind the Note. The camera misses out on HDR recording and some color quantization was noted in indoors video. Still, with a fast and accurate autofocus and capable video stabilization, it earned one of the highest video recording scores.

The selfie camera got a total of 93 points, placing it in the Top 5 and ahead of the likes of P30 Pro and Pixel 3. The still image processing is greatly improved and the new ToF sensor makes for better bokeh, but the lack of autofocus hurt the camera's performance. It’s the video score that dragged the phone down, however, the selfie camera is limited to 1080p and image stabilization is on the weak side.

Huawei Mate 30 Pro camera review by DxOMark

• Praise 5

6 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

DxOMark: Huawei Mate 30 Pro sets the new camera benchmark

gsmarena_001.png

gsmarena_002.png

The Huawei Mate 30 Pro climbed to the top of the DxOMark camera ranking, beating the Galaxy Note10+ by 4 points in the overall score. The still photo score of 131 is the highest yet and is what helped push the phone to the top.

The Mate 30 Pro went through the new review process, which includes tests for the ultra wide camera and the phone's night mode. The Mate aced the Night test (it currently holds the highest score) and its zoom camera did an admirable job – it’s 3x instead of 5x zoom like on the P30 Pro, which means it delivers better performance at medium zoom (though it falls behind at 5x).

The ultrawide angle camera got some criticism for its relatively narrow field of view, but that’s the trade-off for getting the image quality that Huawei did (and avoiding issues like soft corners).

The Huawei Mate 30 Pro got a respectable video score of 100, one behind the Note. The camera misses out on HDR recording and some color quantization was noted in indoors video. Still, with a fast and accurate autofocus and capable video stabilization, it earned one of the highest video recording scores.

The selfie camera got a total of 93 points, placing it in the Top 5 and ahead of the likes of P30 Pro and Pixel 3. The still image processing is greatly improved and the new ToF sensor makes for better bokeh, but the lack of autofocus hurt the camera's performance. It’s the video score that dragged the phone down, however, the selfie camera is limited to 1080p and image stabilization is on the weak side.

Huawei Mate 30 Pro camera review by DxOMark

I read now Huawei got a problem help u Sync old phone to new phone ........ and it also copy the entire Google Service components over . :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3