Amazing Huawei Mate 30 - Its Coming Soon

steveluv

I already decided to skip the upgrade my yearly phone upgrade this year.

Had my mind set on the mate 30 but it is useless w/o google apps.

• Praise 1

https://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tech-news/2019/10/03/huawei-introduces-mate-30-series-in-malaysia-priced-from-rm2799

Huawei introduces Mate 30 series in Malaysia, priced from RM2,799

305952.jpg
Pre-orders for the Mate 30 Pro with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage will be available to eligible Malaysian consumers on Oct 3. — ANGELIN YEOH/The Star

Huawei has announced Malaysia as the first country after China where consumers can get their hands on the latest Mate 30 flagship phone series featuring Kirin 990 processors with rear triple- and quad- camera settings.

The company unveiled the Mate 30 Pro with 6.53in OLED display with FHD+ (2,400 x 1,176) resolution during the Huawei Malaysia Ecosystem Conference 2019 in Kuala Lumpur.

For now, the Mate 30 Pro will only be available for pre-order to Huawei Mate Series users who have owned two Huawei Mate Series devices through an Exclusive Ownership Campaign. A step-by-step tutorial for Huawei Mate series users to check their eligibility will be available on mate30proeoc.3ex.com.my starting 2pm today (Oct 3) until Oct 22, 2019.

Eligible Mate 30 Pro customers will be able to enjoy gifts worth RM1,155 which includes a wireless in-car SuperCharge charger worth RM289, a DJI Osmo Mobile 3 mobile gimbal worth RM499, a back casing worth RM68 and Huawei Care with extended one year warranty and six months screen crack warranty for users worth RM299.

The Mate 30 Pro sports an edge-to-edge Horizon display which curves at an 88° angle to give users more screen real estate. It also features a metallic ring design for its rear quad-camera setup which Huawei said replicates the design of a DSLR camera.

Its quad rear camera setup includes a a 40-megapixel Cine camera with ultra-wide angle lens, a 40-megapixel SuperSensing camera with wide-angle lens, an 8-megapixel camera with telephoto lens, and a 3D Depth Sensing camera.

The SuperSensing Cine camera is a dual main-camera system which allow users to record videos in super slow-motion at up to 7,680fps (frames per second) and ultra-wide angle low-light time-lapse video in 4K resolution as well as adding bokeh effects in real-time.

Huawei claims that its dual-camera system also produces better images in low-light conditions with ISO 409600 light sensitivity. For selfies, there is a 32-megapixel camera with 3D Depth Sensing camera that supports bokeh effects.

It is equipped with 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage space, which can be further expanded to up to an additional 256GB with a nano microSD card. Other features include 4,000mAh battery capacity, in-screen fingerprint sensor and IP68 water- and dust-resistance rating.

The second model in the series is the Mate 30 with 6.62in display on OLED with FHD+ (2,340 x 1,080 resolution). It comes with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage space, with an option for users to expand to up to an additional 256GB via a nano MicroSD card.

Its rear triple-camera setup comprises a 40-megapixel SuperSensing camera, a 16-megapixel camera with ultra wide-angle lens and an 8-megapixel camera with telephoto lens.

The smartphone also comes with optical image stabilisation (OIS), along with laser focus, which are capable of 2.5cm macro photography, and a 24-megapixel selfie camera, as well as a 4,200mAh battery.

Both Mate 30 models run on EMUI 10 based on Android 10, support fast wired and wireless charging, while the Mate 30 Pro comes with upgraded reverse wireless charging for other compatible devices.

Both devices will be available in Space Silver and Black colour options. The Mate 30 Pro is priced at RM3,899 while the Mate 30 comes at RM2,799. Huawei will announce more information about the Mate 30 series availability later.

• Praise 2

On 10/2/2019 at 1:02 PM, Lala81 said:

😕 .. does it mean those that installed already can still work? cos if so... the 2nd hand market for the google enabled sets will be hot..

edit... just read that existing ones will be disabled too...:P

"Such permissions can reportedly be signed with a special digital certificate from Huawei.

Mr Wu is also the creator of Magisk, a popular open source project that allows users to modify an Android device without using any other device such as a PC.

Even if one had already downloaded LZ Play on the Mate 30 Pro before the website went offline, the app no longer works."

Edited by Playtime
  • Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Playtime said:

😕 .. does it mean those that installed already can still work? cos if so... the 2nd hand market for the google enabled sets will be hot..

edit... just read that existing ones will be disabled too...:P

"Such permissions can reportedly be signed with a special digital certificate from Huawei.

Mr Wu is also the creator of Magisk, a popular open source project that allows users to modify an Android device without using any other device such as a PC.

Even if one had already downloaded LZ Play on the Mate 30 Pro before the website went offline, the app no longer works."

sounds like what LTA does for the PMD battery compliance. Instead of software app, its vaporware app

16 hours ago, steveluv said:

https://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tech-news/2019/10/03/huawei-introduces-mate-30-series-in-malaysia-priced-from-rm2799

Huawei introduces Mate 30 series in Malaysia, priced from RM2,799

305952.jpg
Pre-orders for the Mate 30 Pro with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage will be available to eligible Malaysian consumers on Oct 3. — ANGELIN YEOH/The Star

Huawei has announced Malaysia as the first country after China where consumers can get their hands on the latest Mate 30 flagship phone series featuring Kirin 990 processors with rear triple- and quad- camera settings.

The company unveiled the Mate 30 Pro with 6.53in OLED display with FHD+ (2,400 x 1,176) resolution during the Huawei Malaysia Ecosystem Conference 2019 in Kuala Lumpur.

For now, the Mate 30 Pro will only be available for pre-order to Huawei Mate Series users who have owned two Huawei Mate Series devices through an Exclusive Ownership Campaign. A step-by-step tutorial for Huawei Mate series users to check their eligibility will be available on mate30proeoc.3ex.com.my starting 2pm today (Oct 3) until Oct 22, 2019.

Eligible Mate 30 Pro customers will be able to enjoy gifts worth RM1,155 which includes a wireless in-car SuperCharge charger worth RM289, a DJI Osmo Mobile 3 mobile gimbal worth RM499, a back casing worth RM68 and Huawei Care with extended one year warranty and six months screen crack warranty for users worth RM299.

The Mate 30 Pro sports an edge-to-edge Horizon display which curves at an 88° angle to give users more screen real estate. It also features a metallic ring design for its rear quad-camera setup which Huawei said replicates the design of a DSLR camera.

Its quad rear camera setup includes a a 40-megapixel Cine camera with ultra-wide angle lens, a 40-megapixel SuperSensing camera with wide-angle lens, an 8-megapixel camera with telephoto lens, and a 3D Depth Sensing camera.

The SuperSensing Cine camera is a dual main-camera system which allow users to record videos in super slow-motion at up to 7,680fps (frames per second) and ultra-wide angle low-light time-lapse video in 4K resolution as well as adding bokeh effects in real-time.

Huawei claims that its dual-camera system also produces better images in low-light conditions with ISO 409600 light sensitivity. For selfies, there is a 32-megapixel camera with 3D Depth Sensing camera that supports bokeh effects.

It is equipped with 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage space, which can be further expanded to up to an additional 256GB with a nano microSD card. Other features include 4,000mAh battery capacity, in-screen fingerprint sensor and IP68 water- and dust-resistance rating.

The second model in the series is the Mate 30 with 6.62in display on OLED with FHD+ (2,340 x 1,080 resolution). It comes with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage space, with an option for users to expand to up to an additional 256GB via a nano MicroSD card.

Its rear triple-camera setup comprises a 40-megapixel SuperSensing camera, a 16-megapixel camera with ultra wide-angle lens and an 8-megapixel camera with telephoto lens.

The smartphone also comes with optical image stabilisation (OIS), along with laser focus, which are capable of 2.5cm macro photography, and a 24-megapixel selfie camera, as well as a 4,200mAh battery.

Both Mate 30 models run on EMUI 10 based on Android 10, support fast wired and wireless charging, while the Mate 30 Pro comes with upgraded reverse wireless charging for other compatible devices.

Both devices will be available in Space Silver and Black colour options. The Mate 30 Pro is priced at RM3,899 while the Mate 30 comes at RM2,799. Huawei will announce more information about the Mate 30 series availability later.

Let's wait for Malaysian who ordered the mate 30 pro to give the review after they had gotten the hp. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Let's wait for Malaysian who ordered the mate 30 pro to give the review after they had gotten the hp. 

I really can't wait to get my hands on one.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 10/2/2019 at 1:22 PM, Kusje said:

I already decided to skip the upgrade my yearly phone upgrade this year.

Had my mind set on the mate 30 but it is useless w/o google apps.

Time to open that Milo tin of savings...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidphelan/2019/10/10/huawei-mate-30-surprise-news-u-s-granting-licenses-to-sell-goods-despite-blacklist/#4f251f5e4baf

• Praise 1

Twincharged
16 hours ago, Angcheek said:

quite a fat phone 😁

I prefer a wide phone like my mate9. I am still not using my mate20p cuz I don't quite like the slender display. 

Twincharged
16 hours ago, steveluv said:

Physically handling a Mate 30 Pro yesterday at a Huawei shop in Shanghai

How is the harmony os? 

31 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

I prefer a wide phone like my mate9. I am still not using my mate20p cuz I don't quite like the slender display. 

U will get use to it . 😁 

I dont use any function for the edge on my note8 . Find them useless 😂 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Wow!  Dual boot??  I think basic model will have to start from 256gb liow... 

https://www.gizchina.com/2019/10/15/huawei-could-install-two-os-on-its-smartphones-android-and-harmonyos/amp/

https://www.businessinsider.sg/after-opening-registrations-for-mate-30-pro-huawei-is-slashing-the-price-of-its-mate-20-by-almost-50/

the Mate 20 seems to be a better offering than the Nova5T.