IU unable to detect Cashcard after exiting a HDB carpark.

SGCMlycan

Hi guys, my IU came with the new car and is about 1 year old.

Recently after deduction of fee from exiting a HDB carpark, the IU start to show Err SC.

The strange thing is that it can still detect ezlink card/net flash pay.

I have checked my Cashcard using a top up machine and I was able to read the balance so I assumed the Cashcard is working fine.

Now I am still able to enter my season parking and able to pay for parking using ezlink card.

Anyone encountered this before?

I am contemplating to change the IU a not as next year, the new IU will be introduced. I don't wanna waste time going to LTA.

On the other hand, as my job requires me to run around Singapore and I know some car park only accepts the old school chip cashcard.

Zzz.

Uploaded a video to show what I mean.

Edited by SGCMlycan
↡ Advertisement

LoL...ezlink card dont show expiry date on the card. Have to go to the ezlink website. Google will be faster to navigate. Key in the CAN id engraved on the back of the ezlink card.

What I do is find out the expiry date on the new card and use a marker to write the expiry date on the card.

I think he is referring to chip cashcard problem, and he is still able to make payment with ez-link and flashpay card.

LoL...ezlink card dont show expiry date on the card. Have to go to the ezlink website. Google will be faster to navigate. Key in the CAN id engraved on the back of the ezlink card.

What I do is find out the expiry date on the new card and use a marker to write the expiry date on the card.

Hi guys, my IU came with the new car and is about 1 year old.

Recently after deduction of fee from exiting a HDB carpark, the IU start to show Err SC.

The strange thing is that it can still detect ezlink card/net flash pay.

I have checked my Cashcard using a top up machine and I was able to read the balance so I assumed the Cashcard is working fine.

Now I am still able to enter my season parking and able to pay for parking using ezlink card.

Anyone encountered this before?

I am contemplating to change the IU a not as next year, the new IU will be introduced. I don't wanna waste time going to LTA.

On the other hand, as my job requires me to run around Singapore and I know some car park only accepts the old school chip cashcard.

Zzz.

Uploaded a video to show what I mean.

Hi bro, I believed your Cashcard has expired. Even if it has expired, you should be able to check its balance but unable to use it. Very unlikely the chip is spoilt unless there is a big scratch cutting thru it.

Some 7-11 or Cheers should have existing stock of the 1st Generation NETS Cashcard but hard to find. My one and only NETS Cashcard expires on 30 Jun 2019 and I experience the 'Err' like you. I'm using the Contactless Cashcard now and hoping I would not bump into a situation where a certain building only accepts 1st Generation NETS Cashcard.

I was wondering if there is a walkaround to use some credit cards (with the chip) as a NETS Cashcard to the IU. One good example is the POSB Everyday Card.

P.S. Just to share, to check expiry date of Ezlink card or NETS FlashPay card, you can actually download the Ezlink App or NETS FlashPay App on any NFC enabled phone. You can check expiry and balance and even top up using credit card (note that there is admin charge).

Thank you all. Indeed my Cashcard has expired. Luckily it's not the IU problem. Had this chip Cashcard since 5 years ago when I can't exit SGH carpark as they only accept chip cards.

Time for a new one!

Thanks a lot everybody!

↡ Advertisement