Can't renew road tax - what happened?

Jeuda

Did you change insurer for this year ?

Never have this problem before leh ........ As for as LTA is concern, it is reg date - 1 lor.

Keep us updated .... if LTA actually SCREWUP..

Hi all, 

2nd car, bought new. COE, Insurance, Road Tax start on same day. Have been paying & renewing for 3 years.

Then for past 1 week, have been trying to pay road tax renewal (6 mths) at onemotoring / AXS came back with insufficient coverage period.

Has LTA change something in their system?

Called LTA, lady says require insurance coverage for 1 more day. 

Called insurance, extend coverage need to pay. 

What is going on? 

Anyone experienced the same issue? 

Did you pay for the extension? 

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for the input, guys. Was checking my in law's car.. Same error when renewing roadtax, insufficient coverage.

Bottomline is rule has changed, so anyone renewing insurance or road tax, pls note..

More likely than not it's a screwup with the dates by the insurance company.

Don't think so leh.. We agreed on the - 1 date of policy. It can't be wrong, more likely is LTA side either on policy or IT side..

When is your car registered? Is it in-line with your insurance?

Your insurance is bought till 25 Feb 2020. But is your car registered on 26 Feb or 26 Aug?

That is just an example. Insurance is for 1 year. Roadtax renewed every 6 months.

Then it's not leap year. Need to call up LTA to ask why.

Doubt that they will tell. I called earlier, lady just say "you need to cover 1 more day for your insurance"

Can check the insurance validity from onemotoring website.

One motoring can quote your insurance coverage when renewing road tax. See if I can attach example.

https://ibb.co/ZKVTnwq

Why not give a call to your insurer to check it out? Could it be the case that the insurer entered the wrong date into LTA system, thus resulting in the 1 day shortage in coverage?

E.g. cover letter of insurance stated 26 Feb 2019 - 25 Feb 2020, but LTA records provided by insurer shows coverage till 24 Feb 2020?

Nothing to do with leap year, as insurer will always cover full 1 year, regardless of date the insurance starts.

I have checked my past year insurance policy. Date is consistent. I am sure that there are people who will encounter the same thing.. My colleague, in law's, myself have the same error.

Turbocharged

i just renewed my road tax this morning... din hear any change in the rule

my insurance is covered 17 Aug 2019 to 16 Aug 2020

nothing wrong leh

• Praise 1

i just renewed my road tax this morning... din hear any change in the rule

my insurance is covered 17 Aug 2019 to 16 Aug 2020

nothing wrong leh

1 year or 6 months' road tax renewal?

Unless it's a new change, really don't see why there's a problem.

I have renewed road tax for 6 months and 12 months over the past few years. Every year the insurance end date is -1 from start date, and every year I renew without fail, whether it's 2 x 6 months or 1 x 12 months.

6 month renewal....

done at the usual JIC inspection place

Then only until feb 2020. If TS is right about this policy change or whatever (and not just a mistake) then you'll only see a problem in second half right?
  • Praise 1

Then only until feb 2020. If TS is right about this policy change or whatever (and not just a mistake) then you'll only see a problem in second half right?

Yes.. finally someone understood... :)

6 month renewal....

done at the usual JIC inspection place

If you renew every 6 months, issue will surface during 2nd 6-month renewal.

Like-wise issue will also surface when you select 1 year road tax renewal.

Turbocharged

Yes.. finally someone understood... :)

If you renew every 6 months, issue will surface during 2nd 6-month renewal.

Like-wise issue will also surface when you select 1 year road tax renewal.

i see... ok, then gotto check if my road tax renewal via GIRO goes through in Feb 2020

Hmm if everyone buy 1 year insurance and renew every 6 months road tax, issue will surface when they renew 2nd half road tax.

Should your family, friend or colleague experience "insufficient insurance coverage" aka UL00071 error on onemotoring / axs station / axs mobile... can advice them accordingly. Can save their moment of heart-aches.

Thanks for the input, guys. Was checking my in law's car.. Same error when renewing roadtax, insufficient coverage.

Bottomline is rule has changed, so anyone renewing insurance or road tax, pls note..

Don't think so leh.. We agreed on the - 1 date of policy. It can't be wrong, more likely is LTA side either on policy or IT side..

That is just an example. Insurance is for 1 year. Roadtax renewed every 6 months.

Doubt that they will tell. I called earlier, lady just say "you need to cover 1 more day for your insurance"

One motoring can quote your insurance coverage when renewing road tax. See if I can attach example.

https://ibb.co/ZKVTnwq

I have checked my past year insurance policy. Date is consistent. I am sure that there are people who will encounter the same thing.. My colleague, in law's, myself have the same error.

You can just log in to one motoring to see insurance validity. There might be instance where you declare the wrong NCD and policy got shorten.

Don't anyhow say what LTA change rule, no such thing.

post-24603-0-40910300-1565918352_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Didn't have this problem when i renew my car 1year road tax from Onemotoring last week.

Hope its not some CECA IT programming bug in the system.

No such thing la. If you have a problem, go get it sorted out with your insurer and LTA.

I have been renewing road tax 6 monthly since my first car in 2009, never had a problem with insufficient insurance coverage in the second half of the 6 monthly renewal.

Hmm if everyone buy 1 year insurance and renew every 6 months road tax, issue will surface when they renew 2nd half road tax.

Should your family, friend or colleague experience "insufficient insurance coverage" aka UL00071 error on onemotoring / axs station / axs mobile... can advice them accordingly. Can save their moment of heart-aches.

• Praise 3

Didn't have this problem when i renew my car 1year road tax from Onemotoring last week.

Hi Jwee85, may I ask what is the period of insurance coverage?

No such thing la. If you have a problem, go get it sorted out with your insurer and LTA.

I have been renewing road tax 6 monthly since my first car in 2009, never had a problem with insufficient insurance coverage in the second half of the 6 monthly renewal.

I did my 2nd 6-month renewal. Nil issue back in April. 

It surface when my colleague tried to renew his roadtax in August recently. 

Something / new rule happened during this period?

insurance is for 1 year.... not 365 days... so even it is a leap year it should still be covered... no meh?

Hmm picture this scenario, new insurance start from 01 Mar 2020, 

as per norm, you would buy insurance from 01 Mar 2019 to 28 Feb 2020. 

Leap year will need to cover from 01 Mar 2019 to 29 Feb 2020.

Everything also "CECA". If locals could do the job more competently, they wouldn't need to hire foreigners and then use them as scapegoats, would they? Edited by Turboflat4

Hi Jwee85, may I ask what is the period of insurance coverage?

I did my 2nd 6-month renewal. Nil issue back in April.

It surface when my colleague tried to renew his roadtax in August recently.

Something / new rule happened during this period?

Hmm picture this scenario, new insurance start from 01 Mar 2020,

as per norm, you would buy insurance from 01 Mar 2019 to 28 Feb 2020.

Leap year will need to cover from 01 Mar 2019 to 29 Feb 2020.

The end date is usually populated automatically. No need to touch it unless you are trying to sync insurance and road tax expiry dates. And if you are, you got to match them yourself. Perhaps that's what caused the issue?
↡ Advertisement