Road trip from Singapore to Bangkok (2019)

Adrianli

Still can fight for the most worthy thread lah. This thread is most deserving imho so far.

I agree.

Its very detailed and useful tips peppered throughout for anyone game to do the same trip.

Takes effort and definitely a willing heart to share. And no frills, you get what he got to see but haiz, no get to eat the yummilicious food.

Hope u score some, Adrianli. All the best and have a good restful weekend.

Safe ride

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Already driving a renewed COE Toyota Allion.

Super FC car without even trying.

Drive it for almost 3yrs from 2008.

Thx for your nice and detailed write up! Looking forward to the day I got the balls to do what I have done haha

Nice ride u getting. Allion was always in my list but did not manage to get one cause OC do not like. Haha

My OC also hate the Allion. She say very uncle look.

Not super FC for me.ð Been through 3 tanks already. Giving me 10km/L omly. Cos its peddle to metal for me most of the time. I am too used to a more powerful car and turbo.ð

But allion cheaper to maintain, petrol can pump 95 or even 92 lol. Road tax and insurance also wont burn your pocket

Maybe drive allion few years after that change to VRS hehhee

At last, I have made it!!! :a-happy:   Driving from SG to BKK and back. It was 1,800km one way. My car and I back in one piece. Love my car a lot. But too bad, this was my last trip with my Audi A6 Avant and I had to let it go after I am back in SG. [smallcry]  Being a 2L turbo car, it was really easy drive and overtaking + undertaking relatively with ease. It was a once in a lifetime trip for me and I do not foresee myself making such a long drive again.

If any of you guys wana try, I say, go for it!!! You will enjoy it. [:p]

Thanks for reading till my next road trip, thatz all for this year. [wave]

Thanks for sharing bro, really interesting read  [:)]

Thank you Adranli for the detail Road Trip. Do you speak Thai fluently. As I don’t know the Thai language, is it possible to do Thailand road trip.

• Praise 2

Thank you Adranli for the detail Road Trip. Do you speak Thai fluently. As I don’t know the Thai language, is it possible to do Thailand road trip.

Nope. I dont speak Thai at all. Only know the greetings, Sawadeecub and kapuncub.

Most of the street signs in Thailand are in bith Thai and English. So no problem with navigation at all. For food, mostly using sign language. In hotels, 99.9% of the front desk staff will understand English.

• Praise 4

as Adrianli mentioned, one doesn't need to know Thai Language to do road trip there

Where are u planning to go?

In the big towns/cities with lots of tourists, the front line staff are used to foreigners and food stalls will have photo menu so can point point n use hand signals.

in smaller towns, even if there's no menu/photo, I found the local people to be quite friendly and accommodating. No stress.

I enjoy going to the local morning/night markets where many of the sellers don't speak English but they are all happy to try to communicate with me. (I only know the numbers and some food phrases in Thai)

In petrol stations, just look for 95 orange label (E10 gasohol, ron95) if u pump petrol.

I am not familiar with diesel pump labels but I understand diesel is widely available too, as they have lots of local pickups and lorries.

I like PTT petrol stations as they usually have good facilities such as a large 7-11, a clean toilet, Café Amazon and push carts selling snacks. The larger stops have food courts too.

post-111352-0-58496300-1565496981_thumb.jpeg

For navigation, Google Maps/Waze is usually sufficient but download offline maps if going off the beaten track. Some areas between towns don't hv HP signal.

that being said, if you're planning a long trip, it might be useful to pick up a few small phrases. It will endear you to the local people.

• Praise 5

as Adrianli mentioned, one doesn't need to know Thai Language to do road trip there

Where are u planning to go?

In the big towns/cities with lots of tourists, the front line staff are used to foreigners and food stalls will have photo menu so can point point n use hand signals.

in smaller towns, even if there's no menu/photo, I found the local people to be quite friendly and accommodating. No stress.

I enjoy going to the local morning/night markets where many of the sellers don't speak English but they are all happy to try to communicate with me. (I only know the numbers and some food phrases in Thai)

In petrol stations, just look for 95 orange label (E10 gasohol, ron95) if u pump petrol.

I am not familiar with diesel pump labels but I understand diesel is widely available too, as they have lots of local pickups and lorries.

I like PTT petrol stations as they usually have good facilities such as a large 7-11, a clean toilet, Café Amazon and push carts selling snacks. The larger stops have food courts too.

attachicon.gifptt.jpeg

For navigation, Google Maps/Waze is usually sufficient but download offline maps if going off the beaten track. Some areas between towns don't hv HP signal.

that being said, if you're planning a long trip, it might be useful to pick up a few small phrases. It will endear you to the local people.

Thailand don't have Euro5 diesel.

I did pumped 2 full tanks of V-power 97 to flush away the Gasohol hor. [;)][grin]

I pumped 2 full tanks of VPower Racing to flush away the residual mixture of Gasohol 95 & Benzine.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3