Military things

Playtime

On 1/10/2020 at 4:32 PM, Watwheels said:

The purchase of the vertical take off planes means confirm we will have the aircraft carrier.

image008.gif

Is this the JMMS a.k.a Endurance 160/170  built by ST?

↡ Advertisement

On 1/12/2020 at 12:22 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Can use endurance class landing platform ship, can fit in 3-4 F35. If modified can put more 

The current endurance flight deck is only 60m if i'm not mistaken, too short for a fully loaded F-35B to take off. The F-35B cannot do a vertical take off if fully loaded.

I've been inside the belly of the current endurance, it can easily carry 3 or 4 helos though.

1 hour ago, Rickster said:

The current endurance flight deck is only 60m if i'm not mistaken, too short for a fully loaded F-35B to take off. The F-35B cannot do a vertical take off if fully loaded.

I've been inside the belly of the current endurance, it can easily carry 3 or 4 helos though.

Yes thats why need modification to have more space at flight deck 

On 1/15/2020 at 2:17 PM, Playtime said:

Crazy leh..... honestly, Malaysia will be much much better off joining the indo korea jet project if they want. It's already well on track,  technology less problems. 

Time, cost, quality all in favour of indo Korea jet.

Malaysia will be crazy to dump money into Turkey for this. 

You know lah. I buy Scorpene from you, you gift my wife diamonds....

14 hours ago, Ake109 said:

You know lah. I buy Scorpene from you, you gift my wife diamonds....

Malaysia like to barter

:

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/04/478055/banking-russian-connection

“And from what I gather, there is a strong possibility that Malaysia can modernise, refurbish or upgrade its defence assets via a barter with palm oil,” he said, referring to the biennial Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace (LIMA) 2019 which ended last Saturday.

“Just imagine, that countries like France, for instance, accepted 70 per cent of defence procurement trade-offs for Airbus aircraft and Scorpene submarines via barter trade of palm oil,” he said.

On 1/15/2020 at 4:05 PM, Rickster said:

Is this the JMMS a.k.a Endurance 160/170  built by ST?

The question is what that means for doctrine,  manning,  likely gonna need a big change in manpower allocation to make use of such an asset. 

As just a offshore airfield backup... or assault ship. 

30 minutes ago, Ho2786 said:

our F35 will rule south east Asia !!!!!!!

our neighbours cant afford them!!!!!

and usa wont sell to them!!!!!!!

We wont even have space  to fly them if they close their airspace  to us🤣

4 hours ago, Ho2786 said:

our F35 will rule south east Asia !!!!!!!

our neighbours cant afford them!!!!!

and usa wont sell to them!!!!!!!

PRC is the other big player in this region now ... no need to bother about our neighbours.

F-35 sensors help ground interceptors engage “air-breathing” targets

https://www.flightglobal.com/fixed-wing/f-35-sensors-help-ground-interceptors-engage-air-breathing-targets/136270.article

No doubt this software package will be very costly. But an integrated data network will give any commander a live overview of the battlefield picture. All assets on this network can see further than their intrinsic sensors.   

14 hours ago, Cauldron said:

F-35 sensors help ground interceptors engage “air-breathing” targets

https://www.flightglobal.com/fixed-wing/f-35-sensors-help-ground-interceptors-engage-air-breathing-targets/136270.article

No doubt this software package will be very costly. But an integrated data network will give any commander a live overview of the battlefield picture. All assets on this network can see further than their intrinsic sensors.   

What does "air breathing target" mean?.. first time hearing this term. 

Tot it meant soldiers ... but article mentioned aerial. 

2 hours ago, Playtime said:

What does "air breathing target" mean?.. first time hearing this term. 

Tot it meant soldiers ... but article mentioned aerial. 

Could be of of the Dragons from GOT.

Air breathing could mean that the vehicle needs to intake air with the fuel to propel. Like a aircraft, most like one of those decommissioned F16 on remote control. 

In the case of missiles and rockets, the oxygen/air is integrated in the propellant for easier storage and consistent performance. So no need to breathe air, as there is air built in 

53 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

Could be of of the Dragons from GOT.

Air breathing could mean that the vehicle needs to intake air with the fuel to propel. Like a aircraft, most like one of those decommissioned F16 on remote control. 

In the case of missiles and rockets, the oxygen/air is integrated in the propellant for easier storage and consistent performance. So no need to breathe air, as there is air built in 

That's the strange part.. can't be can detect a air breathing plane.. but cannot detect a scud etc. 🤔

1 minute ago, Playtime said:

That's the strange part.. can't be can detect a air breathing plane.. but cannot detect a scud etc. 🤔

Scud or rockets (a few mach) are harder to shoot down with typical Anti-Air asset, only those higher end like PAC-3 has a higher accuracy.

Think they could have used a remote controlled aircraft, flyer level, perpendicular to the anti-aircraft asset.

The objective of the exercise was to test the data sharing link. It would be very impressive if the launch vehicle shut down all radar and send the missile to a sector based on the F35 data, then the missile use onboard radar for guidance to target.

↡ Advertisement