Singapore’s Yeo wins badminton women’s title at Hyderabad

Ct3833

(edited)

Those who are familiar with badminton would know Yamaguchi's legs were badly injured before/during the game, which have partly contributed to her loss.

But Jia Min 加油! A win is still a win, this is what sports/competition is all about. Hope this win will motivate her to train better and be a more competitive player in the international circuit. To deal with the top few women players is never easy. Wishing her all the best again and hope to see more success from Jia Min.

On the lighter note, my knee is also injured now and still have not recovered for months , looks like I have a world class players problem. Haha

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Wait the naysayers will come n say she's not true blue sporean or this n that... hard to please these "true blue" sporean cynic yeah...

"Yeo was born and bred in Singapore to Malaysian parents who are Singapore permanent residents. The teenager received her Singapore citizenship in the last couple of years."

Well done Jia Min.. uncle sarpork u :a-happy: .

Negative minded people have nothing good to talk about, why bother ?

This India tournament sanctioned by the BWF is the lowest of all under the "super 100" level with lowest prize money and points. Meaning most good players will skip this round of competition. The Singapore Open super 500 held in April this year our local shuttlers barely even make a mark.

Singapore is still far far away compared to it's neighbours Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand. Their 2nd team can easily beat our 1st team. LKY beat Lin Dan during the Thailand open early this year is a fluke. :ph34r:

Look at it this way, this is where she could gain more exposure and yet stand a good chance to win, after that move up the circuit from there. No one knows how to walk from day one, it is all about learning and progressing . We should encourage her, one step at a time.
  • Praise 2

I watched her play last night, simply amazing. Her technique, skill and stamina looks like taiwan Tai Tzu Ying. High potential to be world top 10

Those who are familiar with badminton would know Yamaguchi's legs were badly injured before/during the game, which have partly contributed to her loss.

But Jia Min å æ²¹! A win is still a win, this is what sports/competition is all about. Hope this win will motivate her to train better and be a more competitive player in the international circuit. To deal with the top few women players is never easy. Wishing her all the best again and hope to see more success from Jia Min.

On the lighter note, my knee is also injured now and still have not recovered for months , looks like I have a world class players problem. Haha

Jiamin played well, hardly make any mistake. Ball placement also good.
  • Praise 6

For me, as long as born and bred in SG = SGrean.

Now, the question is which ministar will take the chance to claim credit.

Wait the naysayers will come n say she's not true blue sporean or this n that... hard to please these "true blue" sporean cynic yeah...

"Yeo was born and bred in Singapore to Malaysian parents who are Singapore permanent residents. The teenager received her Singapore citizenship in the last couple of years."

Well done Jia Min.. uncle sarpork u  :a-happy:  .

• Praise 3

This India tournament sanctioned by the BWF is the lowest of all under the "super 100" level with lowest prize money and points. Meaning most good players will skip this round of competition. The Singapore Open super 500 held in April this year our local shuttlers barely even make a mark. 

Singapore is still far far away compared to it's neighbours Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand. Their 2nd team can easily beat our 1st team. LKY beat Lin Dan during the Thailand open early this year is a fluke.  :ph34r:

Whatever rating is the tournament , she beat current world no 1. Unless the no 1 is sick, injured or kelong, beating her in straight sets is something that we are very proud of. Credit must be given and it is alot of hardwork knowing how fit this opponent is.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

wonder if anyone play badminton regularly?

our group session is ending soon.. and we are looking for a regular session..

• Praise 1

I watched the game yesterday,  she played well and exploited her opponent forehand baseline weakness very well. Willing to have variety of shots to keep her guessing. Just that she tends to make unforced error. But she is young, with more experience,  we may have a world no 1 soon.

Supercharged

I watched the game yesterday,  she played well and exploited her opponent forehand baseline weakness very well. Willing to have variety of shots to keep her guessing. Just that she tends to make unforced error. But she is young, with more experience,  we may have a world no 1 soon.

yeah, she played really well.

very consistent and focus.

dont forget our another talent, Low KY.

good fightback!

Turbocharged

Good showing so far for both men and women singles going thru to the 3rd round. Beating the top seed is a huge win. But our men’s double and mixed double were defeated on the first round. Hopefully can move on to the quarterfinals today. And yes, this is a significant major international tournament. Keeping fingers crossed.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

well done Yeo!

last 8 in the World Championships!

bad news is she has problem with her back. 

hope she recovers well for tomorrow.

Edited by sake
↡ Advertisement