Made-in-Singapore sports car set to hit the road in 2023

awhtc

Made-in-Singapore sports car set to hit the road in 2023

Local firm Catalyst Motors in final stages of building rolling chassis for prototype vehicle

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/made-in-spore-sports-car-set-to-hit-the-road-in-2023

Singapore's first electric supercar unveiled at Geneva Motor Show

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/singapores-first-supercar-unveiled-at-geneva-motor-show

Edited by awhtc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Not a subscriber. Can only read the first 2 lines.  

Supposed its the Electric car that opens its door to resemble the Orchid. Need to know what else it can do other than going fast both in speed and battery draining. 

Edited by Ichibawa

I think it makes more sense to build a normal bread and butter saloon similar to the Proton Saga or Perodua Bezza at low OMV and and sell it in Singapore at an attractive price. 

Edited by Vinceng

I think it makes more sense to build a normal bread and butter saloon similar to the Proton Saga or Perodua Bezza at low OMV and and sell it in Singapore at an attractive price. 

Attractive price means no need Import Tax or no need COE... :D  [laugh]

Unlikely. SG has always wanted to be up there in the value chain.
  • Praise 1

Singapore made new car will not be able to compete with the established model in the bread and butter category, because a new start up don't have the reputation, and the economies of scale. Also, Singapore local market is not big enough to self sustain an infant industry. So the only viable way into the market is to make exotic cars which don't sell in volume, but premium cars based on exquisivity. Edited by pinto22sg

Twincharged

Totally absolutely disagree. It’s a waste of time

No cannot...must boost Singapore reputation

The car that should be built must at least be c segment and above to justify our margins and our value chain.

A car to suggest is the Hyundai Grandeur.

This is feasible as their assembly plant in Indonesia and India are not likely to asseble such vehicles, given the low market for them in SEA.However, there is some untapped potential in Oceania and maybe other rhd countries.

We can use it as a taxi too.

Totally absolutely disagree. Itâs a waste of time

Actually, you are right!

Why waste money, time, effort and money to build a car assembly plant?

The SG govt makes more easy money selling paper (COE) worth the weight of gold.

• Praise 1

That will never happen la.

I also wonder why Govt is encouraging this and Dyson to come and build cars here, when they are obviously staunchly anti-car. Conflicting message leh.

↡ Advertisement