Samsung Note 10/10 Plus

Vratenza

Now with the 6 axis gyroscope.......I can fulfill my childhood dream of becoming harry potter.... :D

Jokes aside, I have been using the surface pro 6  with the surface pen, it can be quite productive if one can maximize the use for it. I am hoping with an update, the onenote full pen pen functionality can be harnessed with the S-pen, then it will be perfect as a productivity tool that can sync seamlessly with my office 365.

Also with the direct windows connection, can simply drag and drop stuff as well as using the dex with my surface pro....kind of attractive in theory.

The S Pen good leh. Especially handy as a remote camera shutter. Hahaaa

• Praise 1

actualy $1400 for a Note 10 is quite reasonable base on the current trend.

I'm looking for a new laptop. I rather spend it on that.

Premium phone prices are down to how impressive the camera and camera functions are. The more capable the camera the more expensive the phone. The rest are pretty much on par with one another and the Android OS is the same. I see it's competition on camera, camera lens, camera functions. I mean for a phone camera it has its limits. What the Note has is the pen. I'm not a fan....unfortunately.

Now with the 6 axis gyroscope.......I can fulfill my childhood dream of becoming harry potter.... :D

Jokes aside, I have been using the surface pro 6 with the surface pen, it can be quite productive if one can maximize the use for it. I am hoping with an update, the onenote full pen pen functionality can be harnessed with the S-pen, then it will be perfect as a productivity tool that can sync seamlessly with my office 365.

Also with the direct windows connection, can simply drag and drop stuff as well as using the dex with my surface pro....kind of attractive in theory.

No horse run. The Samsung Note series really make iPhones look like a kid's toy....lol

Tried it out last night at PP Best Denki outlet. Was impressed that the smaller Note 10 at 6.3"LCD is only slight bigger than the S9 that I am using right now. Not keen on Note 10+ as previously owned the Xiaomi Mi Max and not like holding a brick any more.

Have owned the S9 for 1.5 years and still loving it for its unobtrusive design. Never change its launcher unlike previous phones changing like crazy as getting fatigue after awhile. The S9 never feel the urge to do any customisation. Really unbelievable.

I would have preferred the Note 10 size and form factor but the specs are just too watered down and compromised to be of any value at that price point... No microsd, no qhd  display, 8gb ram, max 25w fast charge.

Seem to me that Samsung made a conscious decision to push most buyers towards the note 10+ model. 

This is the Note 10+ in my hands.... Not that much wider than my S9+ but taller a tad.... Screen is really immersive... 

The aura glow is really beng... But am going to put a casing anyway... 

post-24957-0-34463800-1565756261_thumb.jpg

post-24957-0-26718700-1565756248_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Don't you know the pen-is mightier than the sword? :D

I always used the Note ... but never took any note w the pen .

• Praise 2

Don't you know the pen-is mightier than the sword? :D

That reminds me ... i used the pen only when under intense emo ... either very angry or very kinky

• Praise 3

When this note 10 launch in stores ah?

In liao. Juz saw it

The Note10+ is abt same size as the Note9

Note10 is smaller and probably closer to S10

I personally find that all newer high end mobile phone, while having a larger screen of >6.4" in general, are not offering much more than older <6.0" phone, in term of effective viewing space. This is simply because of aspect ratio.

467720b2-5023-4460-864a-cd2dde58ee3b.jpg

Take the Samsung Note 10+ for example, the screen is now 6.8", because it has been further elongated, upping the ante in aspect ratio to a whopping 19:9 (vs 18.5 in Note 8 & 9, and 16:9 in Note 2 - 7).

So what is the issue? With most movie and mobile content produced using an industry standard of 16:9 aspect ratio, we are paying more for "blank space" (the green area in the above pic). Food for thought...

For my case, I have been very used to the screen of my 2+ year Xiaomi Mix, just 6.4" if I were to just look at the spec, but with a width of close to 82mm, if I were to "upgrade" to the 6.8" Note 10+, I am in fact getting something lesser (width of 77mm). In fact, I can't find anything larger, other than Huawei Mate 20 X (7.2", 85mm width, aspect ratio 18.7:9). So save $$$ for me now. [:p]

• Praise 4

I personally find that all newer high end mobile phone, while having a larger screen of >6.4" in general, are not offering much more than older <6.0" phone, in term of effective viewing space. This is simply because of aspect ratio.

467720b2-5023-4460-864a-cd2dde58ee3b.jpg

Take the Samsung Note 10+ for example, the screen is now 6.8", because it has been further elongated, upping the ante in aspect ratio to a whopping 19:9 (vs 18.5 in Note 8 & 9, and 16:9 in Note 2 - 7).

So what is the issue? With most movie and mobile content produced using an industry standard of 16:9 aspect ratio, we are paying more for "blank space" (the green area in the above pic). Food for thought...

For my case, I have been very used to the screen of my 2+ year Xiaomi Mix, just 6.4" if I were to just look at the spec, but with a width of close to 82mm, if I were to "upgrade" to the 6.8" Note 10+, I am in fact getting something lesser (width of 77mm). In fact, I can't find anything larger, other than Huawei Mate 20 X (7.2", 85mm width, aspect ratio 18.7:9). So save $$$ for me now. [:p]

What else? The notch, dot...aka front camera and maybe speaker lo. It takes up some of the screen space. Not forgetting the home button, back button and multifunction button. You cant remove all these.

Edited by Watwheels

I used to be not a fan of anything beyond 16:9

But using a 18.5:9 phone screen is quite natural to me. I guess for me, i do quite a bit of MCF, reading bloomberg/BBC/CNBC etc. 

So a taller screen is quite ok for this.

I watch youtube on my phone and occasionally other videos, but i always prefer to watch on TV. 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1