Samsung Note 10/10 Plus

Vratenza

Agree, the screen just gets longer increasing the aspect ratio that may not add to the movie or entertainment contents. 

I think  alot of the smart phone makers are also realizing that there is an optimal/maximum width for single handed thumb gesture for basic phone usage. There comes in the one UI of the Samsung since S9? Maybe it is part of the android OS, where there are optimisation to help tall screen usage, eg. double pull down action will pull all the settings down to the thumb reachable area of the phone in the lower 2/3 of the screen for one hand usage.

I do find taller screen having some saving grace in terms of increasing the screen real estate when it comes to productivity eg. editing word document on the move and gaming in full screen glory.

I personally find that all newer high end mobile phone, while having a larger screen of >6.4" in general, are not offering much more than older <6.0" phone, in term of effective viewing space. This is simply because of aspect ratio.

467720b2-5023-4460-864a-cd2dde58ee3b.jpg

Take the Samsung Note 10+ for example, the screen is now 6.8", because it has been further elongated, upping the ante in aspect ratio to a whopping 19:9 (vs 18.5 in Note 8 & 9, and 16:9 in Note 2 - 7).

So what is the issue? With most movie and mobile content produced using an industry standard of 16:9 aspect ratio, we are paying more for "blank space" (the green area in the above pic). Food for thought...

For my case, I have been very used to the screen of my 2+ year Xiaomi Mix, just 6.4" if I were to just look at the spec, but with a width of close to 82mm, if I were to "upgrade" to the 6.8" Note 10+, I am in fact getting something lesser (width of 77mm). In fact, I can't find anything larger, other than Huawei Mate 20 X (7.2", 85mm width, aspect ratio 18.7:9). So save $$$ for me now. [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Can use to dig ear or as toothpick...

I still have my Sony Ericsson P9 wiht the tooth pick in my drawer. I think it is P9 I suppose. Last time I power up few months back, it still can boot up. 

I can sell you the tooth pick [:p]

I still have my Sony Ericsson P9 wiht the tooth pick in my drawer. I think it is P9 I suppose. Last time I power up few months back, it still can boot up.

I can sell you the tooth pick [:p]

Sell

The pick to the prick

Ok

I alway take notes but never have Note, maybe now is the time :grin:

Any bro got any comment? I am using HW Mate 10 Pro for a while liao. Should be a good time to upgrade huh??

This can ?

post-59158-0-95217800-1565764775.jpg

• Praise 5

OMG... so low [sweatdrop]

Maybe can get better price selling to phone shop...

Yeah, sell outside or direct to buyer better.

Anyway, after testing both Note 10 and Note 10+, I feel that for $200 more, might as well just get the 10+ for the larger battery and RAM.

Go Malaysia buy cheaper by SGD$200 leh  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

Sell

The pick to the prick

Ok

ð

Wahahaaa....How come u wanna buy?..... Edited by Soya
  • Praise 1

Now with the 6 axis gyroscope.......I can fulfill my childhood dream of becoming harry potter.... :D

Jokes aside, I have been using the surface pro 6  with the surface pen, it can be quite productive if one can maximize the use for it. I am hoping with an update, the onenote full pen pen functionality can be harnessed with the S-pen, then it will be perfect as a productivity tool that can sync seamlessly with my office 365.

Also with the direct windows connection, can simply drag and drop stuff as well as using the dex with my surface pro....kind of attractive in theory.

any reason why you just office 365 which attracts a yearly subscription and not Office 2019 or 2016 one of instead.

Thx

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4