IRoad X9 drains battery until it is flat

Cirruslogic

Installed iRoad X9 in my car last year. Had set the voltage threshold to 11.8 V. Went for a vacation for 7 days. When I came back I could not unlock the car with smart key and could not start the engine. The iRoad had drained the car battery. So it looks like after it detects 11.8 V it does not disconnect the power. It still draws power from the car battery. Lesson learnt. Remove the power plug and USB cable from the camera if you are going on vacation. I don't know which workshops can install the battery pack that is discussed in some forums.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Installed iRoad X9 in my car last year. Had set the voltage threshold to 11.8 V. Went for a vacation for 7 days. When I came back I could not unlock the car with smart key and could not start the engine. The iRoad had drained the car battery. So it looks like after it detects 11.8 V it does not disconnect the power. It still draws power from the car battery. Lesson learnt. Remove the power plug and USB cable from the camera if you are going on vacation. I don't know which workshops can install the battery pack that is discussed in some forums.

I think 11.8V is too low, the recommended should be 12.3 or 12.4V. To be safe remove the wire at the camera. You can look for Nam Huat, they helped to remove and re-install the X9 from my old car and transfer to my new car. They should have the extra battery too. Call them 1st.
  • Praise 1

11.8v is too low.

I dont think the camera drained the battery. It probably cut off at the set voltage of 11.8v. You must also consider other electrical components in the car is also draining the battery like car alarm system and the car's computer.

I kena the same problem even though I set the LBP at 12.3V on my prev iRoad T8. From then on, I unplug it whenever I go away for more than 5 days.

x9 has a power button. Can use that to power off. Or plug out the power cable to be double sure.

But don't forget to reconnect/power on when back. I forgot it once n drove around for weeks without the cam on. LOL

Thanks everyone. I wish there was an external battery pack that could be put in the car. This external battery pack would supply 5V power to the iRoad or other 5V devices. The battery pack can be charged when driving. If the battery pack drains, only the iRoad and other 5V devices are affected. The car computer and car alarm are not affected by the battery pack draining.

Thanks everyone. I wish there was an external battery pack that could be put in the car. This external battery pack would supply 5V power to the iRoad or other 5V devices. The battery pack can be charged when driving. If the battery pack drains, only the iRoad and other 5V devices are affected. The car computer and car alarm are not affected by the battery pack draining.

There are external battery packs that can be installed. I have a 6000mah cellink neo installed in my car.

And iroad x9 uses 12v by the way.

Edited by Tannl
  • Praise 1

http://iroad.kr/global/?page_id=6127

maxresdefault.jpg

• Praise 1

On 8/15/2019 at 9:13 AM, Cirruslogic said:

Very worthwhile $300 investment

actually, my workshop got option to auto-shutdown the whole thing thru' electrical wiring (ie, when u turn off the car, iroad is off).

But I prefer option to have parkmode on as well, so he told me the only option then is to manually switched off the power button on the iroad whenever you are going away for holidays.

If you drive daily or have 1 or 2 day rest in between, the car battery will not be flat. 

1 hour ago, Ne0mesis said:

Hi folks.. i have a x9. do you get the message “restart the system to protect the battery of the car” every time you start the engine?

yes this means the camera was shut down whilst it was parked to stop battery drain. 

4 hours ago, Ne0mesis said:

Hi folks.. i have a x9. do you get the message “restart the system to protect the battery of the car” every time you start the engine?

Yup. 

Before that, when in parking mode very long and parked in high traffic area (so recording often activated, thus draining batt), when the iroad sensed low batt voltage already, it will actually say 

Shut down the system to protect the battery of the car

Then when start engine it will say what you heard - restart...

All iroad are like this. 

• Praise 1

thanks all.. i assume is something i can ignore so long is not like i leave the car unattended for days?

btw, i have never hear the warning from the advance driver assistance system even though i enable it?

is there something i missed out?

need a quickie from iroad gurus.

the X9 unit inmy car would not auto turn back on after i started my car. Hence i realize it was not recording anything during the drive.

Used my hp and went into the setting and changed all to default mode and seems well again, until i parked overnight.

Again it did not turn back on after i have to started the car and have to be manually turned on with the ON button.

Any suggestion?? TIA!!!!!!

I had the same issue with my ex iRoad. Had it replaced. Lesson learnt, bought one that has an on/off button, and also configure auto-off when car is turned off. 

On 6/30/2022 at 5:24 PM, Hamburger said:

need a quickie from iroad gurus.

the X9 unit inmy car would not auto turn back on after i started my car. Hence i realize it was not recording anything during the drive.

Used my hp and went into the setting and changed all to default mode and seems well again, until i parked overnight.

Again it did not turn back on after i have to started the car and have to be manually turned on with the ON button.

Any suggestion?? TIA!!!!!!

I don’t hv such issues with mine. 3 years on parking mode tagged to battery running 24/7.

maybe u can bring back agent to hv them take a look.

↡ Advertisement