IRoad X9 drains battery until it is flat

Cirruslogic

On 6/30/2022 at 5:24 PM, Hamburger said:

need a quickie from iroad gurus.

the X9 unit inmy car would not auto turn back on after i started my car. Hence i realize it was not recording anything during the drive.

Used my hp and went into the setting and changed all to default mode and seems well again, until i parked overnight.

Again it did not turn back on after i have to started the car and have to be manually turned on with the ON button.

Any suggestion?? TIA!!!!!!

My best guess is that the CMOS battery inside your X9 main unit died. Might need to replace the whole unit unless you are adventurous enough to open up on your own and do some soldering job. 

Edited by Wormee
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Wormee said:

My best guess is that the CMOS battery inside your X9 main unit died. Might need to replace the whole unit unless you are adventurous enough to open up on your own and do some soldering job. 

i think throw away is the better option...😬

i noticed that the playback is also laggy, SD card not good and requires a change??

34 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

i think throw away is the better option...😬

i noticed that the playback is also laggy, SD card not good and requires a change??

I did so too when I took over a second hand car. Camera died in less than 6 months but car is already 6 years. Just get a new set which cost less than $300. No need headache and car camera is like insurance, like condom. You rather have it and don't need it. But when you need it and don't have it, you are in deep shit. Lol

• Haha! 1

23 hours ago, Hamburger said:

@Jumpmanz 

I did email them. Answer was ask me go back installer to check.

Wu kong kana bo kong...🤐 

Mine is a used car and no idea who the installer is.

Suggestion? Yes bro…

Eat less durians and change to a new car cam. 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1