Most Improved Car Brands

wangxiaodi

Based on my own opinions, these are few brands which I feel have made tremendous improvements and progress to their car making etc.

Kia

Mazda (since last 5 to 6 years)

Especially their new Mazda 3 and 6 are quite awesome.

Hyundai

Peogeot (their latest series of car are very exciting indeed)

Reliable or not, maintenance high or not, still unknown

Opel and Renault - their latest models are really heart stealers. Very sleeze and timeless. Reliable or not.. Another issue as I have not tried owning one before.

Here are some brands which I think quite disappointing in recent years.

Toyota - maybe still as reliable but somewhat losing much of their appeals in terms of their designs and overall. It still cannot do away with the reputation of producing uncle's cars model that appeal to more mature people. My personal opinion.

Honda, mobilo, shuttle, grace and even the new civic.. Looks kinda awkward and it seems they are trying too hard but too overkill. The new civic looks overkill and trying too hard, and it does not look very modern and rather backwards.. Personal opinion again.

Nissan.. Well as always, they are never the best among the top and always churning out bulky, fatty, mature looking cars that not really appealing to younger buyers.

Mitsubishi..their peak was the Glx and ex Lancer era.. After which... It seems really difficult to accept. Maybe they are gg for higher end suv or mpv now.. But their sedan's series is quite pathetic.

Suzuki and surbaru... Maybe surbaru are going better but still 2nd tier or even 3rd tier when comes to those mentioned.

Edited by wangxiaodi
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Like you have said it yourself, it is all about opinion and everyone has their own opinions about everything in life including cars. And improve in what sense, look? Generally most would have the same opinion about look. Reliability? How to tell reliability when a new model is just launched ? Build quality ? Comfort? Interior trim ? Price? A good car have to have balance of everything, it cannot be good in one aspect and do poorly in another aspect. It is a endless debate.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Like you have said it yourself, it is all about opinion and everyone has their own opinions about everything in life including cars. And improve in what sense, look? Generally most would have the same opinion about look. Reliability? How to tell reliability when a new model is just launched ? Build quality ? Comfort? Interior trim ? Price? A good car have to have balance of everything, it cannot be good in one aspect and do poorly in another aspect. It is a endless debate.

True also. That's why this is purely personal opinion. And I believe my preference and taste will change over time as I progress or age..

That's why this is just for sharing and letting your own opinion be heard too. U might have your own preferences over why u still chose certain brand.

Proton and Perodua.

:D

Surbaru is an improvement.

Jaguar Land Rover

For Jaguar I-Pace

Range Rover Evoque and

Land Rover Discovery

Improved in color can also consider as improve, all of you must justify lah. Edited by Ct3833

I generally go with the mass market. Since most people buy the model & brand, it must be good. Cannot go wrong too far.

However, SG car market is very small, it is better to take reference from neighbouring countries such as Malaysia and Thailand into your consideration. Always aim the top 5 model and brand, you should be on the safe side. Re-sale value also good and easy to get rid off if you wish to change your ride after 2-3 years

• Praise 2

Opel and Renault very sleeze?

You always seen them parked outside Dynasty?

Heard sleazy pimps now gave up their bling bling black MBs S-class n now drive Opel and Renault
  • Praise 1

Proton big car as good as last generation Accord and Perodua is as good as any Daihatsu.

The Myvi is not even a rebadged Daihatsu. It's completely designed in house.

I would he happy to drive a Proton or Perodua these days.

:D

• Praise 1

I generally go with the mass market. Since most people buy the model & brand, it must be good. Cannot go wrong too far.

However, SG car market is very small, it is better to take reference from neighbouring countries such as Malaysia and Thailand into your consideration. Always aim the top 5 model and brand, you should be on the safe side. Re-sale value also good and easy to get rid off if you wish to change your ride after 2-3 years

If u look at our neighbouring country only toyota and honda are the only 2 brand that is popular. In fact sg very good although market small but car brand variety quite wide.

Then Myvi and Proton Alza must be good too.. many many in Malaysia..

• Praise 3

(edited)

Guess we are mostly visual person.. Looks and maybe comfort is one of the most influential aspect when chose a car. I am definitely one. I wanted to buy the chevrolet cruze and test drove 2..but in the end.. Aesthetic wise it pleased me, but when I was inside.. The comfort level pushed me away..

And when come to reliable or not, or maintenance ok or not, usually I would dare to take the risk and adopt the "heng-sway" mentality and by good faith drive it as if it will not be an issue.

So when I rate a brand improve or not improve.. A lot of aspect is places on aesthetic

Edited by wangxiaodi
↡ Advertisement