Man steals basin tap from police station

Lala81

What brand is the Tap to cost $170?

Who approved ?

Tap installation is slipshod

Who approved?

Can remove with bare hands without tools?

Who is the contractor??!!??!?

Who approved?

open-can-of-worms-saying-cartoon-vector-

I want some answers!!

• Praise 1

Ahem...

Yes, but when it comes to govt procurement for simple straightforward standard items like these, it's almost a certainty to select lowest quotation that complies with the published specs. And given that mixer tap is nothing special, and cheaper brands are sold, I am surprised. The specification when inviting quotes must have been written so well that they can disqualify the cheap mixer taps.

Reading the article, I have 2 questions:

1) If the tap costs $172.20, I'm wondering what 'special' tap that is and why we're paying so much for it.

2) What's more, it's stated that perpetrator was caught on CCTV unscrewing the tap - You mean there's a CCTV in the toilet as well??

Actually $172.20 for 1 tap, if include cost of going through tander process, to installation, it's actually not too bad. This is a lot better then many other bigger amount like the 880k bin centre. Right? Just 1 tap, an achoc, this one bo bian and maybe more expensive due to only 1 tap. If in bulk maybe cheaper.

actually govt purchases do not include GST, and at most add in additional labour cost only

transport cost, material cost, disposal cost all shouldn't be included one

also, for common items, they most likely already have established a fixed-rate contract with the suppliers, so they cannot anyhow quote expensive

unless the requirements is to have a water saving super duper smart tap, but then hard to justify during audit...

i wonder who drafted the contract in the first place for such expensive taps

I believe in say police station, 1 tap in the basin is gone. Then the staff there said, ai ya nevermind, just buy 1 from online and then when the tap come, we fix it ownself. Then kanna say cannot, this 1 tap also need to go through tander process. Then ask like that can give us half a day go hardware store and buy back and install? Got receipt somemore. Again also got rejected saying even if 1 tap must go through proper process, cannot suka suka just go hardware store buy tap and ownself install and claim receipt.

So like this of coz 1 tap can cost up to 172.20 la. Coz of everything need to go though proper process even if it is just 1 tap.

I feel if item that is achoc and maybe say only need 1 or 2 and does not cost much, it does not make sense to go though the process of tander. Just find someone go online or go shop buy back will be a lot cheaper then going though the whole process of tandering. For tandering I feel its more towards buying in bulk and things that cost a lot more then just a single tap that cost how much only?

Ahem...

Saw the closest 179 in your picture. Maybe is that design.. Haha Edited by Yewheng

I believe in say police station, 1 tap in the basin is gone. Then the staff there said, ai ya nevermind, just buy 1 from online and then when the tap come, we fix it ownself. Then kanna say cannot, this 1 tap also need to go through tander process. Then ask like that can give us half a day go hardware store and buy back and install? Got receipt somemore. Again also got rejected saying even if 1 tap must go through proper process, cannot suka suka just go hardware store buy tap and ownself install and claim receipt.

So like this of coz 1 tap can cost up to 172.20 la. Coz of everything need to go though proper process even if it is just 1 tap.

I feel if item that is achoc and maybe say only need 1 or 2 and does not cost much, it does not make sense to go though the process of tander. Just find someone go online or go shop buy back will be a lot cheaper then going though the whole process of tandering. For tandering I feel its more towards buying in bulk and things that cost a lot more then just a single tap that cost how much only?

Saw the closest 179 in your picture. Maybe is that design.. Haha

If private company can

But civil service tax payer money, cannot

Must be accountable even if it is double the price

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

If private company can

But civil service tax payer money, cannot

Must be accountable even if it is double the price

ð

Not true cannot. Below certain value (don't know exactly how much) can local purchase. All in the Instruction Manual (IM). But I think no one bothers why dirty hand to fix or go out and buy. Since for 1 month no one noticed, probably it's in a toilet no one important uses. Edited by Volvobrick

this station super leh, fit such opulent basin taps ..... wonder what they get for stationeries :yeah-im-not-drunk:

4ZIuXBQ.png

U think too lowly of them.

Maybe a Mont Blanc? Hahaha

Not true cannot. Below certain value (don't know exactly how much) can local purchase. All in the Instruction Manual (IM). But I think no one bothers why dirty hand to fix or go out and buy. Since for 1 month no one noticed, probably it's in a toilet no one important uses.

Yes of course for lower value items can buy and claim. But still as you know in civil service everyone dislikes questions, so few bosses like to sign such things. It makes them accountable (horrors!)

Not true cannot. Below certain value (don't know exactly how much) can local purchase. All in the Instruction Manual (IM). But I think no one bothers why dirty hand to fix or go out and buy. Since for 1 month no one noticed, probably it's in a toilet no one important uses.

Oh At least this policy got some sense.. Below certain value and item only 1 or 2,it really do not make sense to go to the process of tander, it would be a lot more efficient and cheaper to offhand go buy that 1 or 2 item and then claim from the receipt. So heng are..

↡ Advertisement