Man steals basin tap from police station

Lala81

i wonder who drafted the contract in the first place for such expensive taps

Same guy as the bin centre?

actually I am not surprise of a tap costing $170. The branded ones are easily that price.

Try to change a Geberit toilet seat. It cost $240. Yes, it is just the seat and the cover. 

I wonder if the (expensive?) toilet seat were also stolen, anyone would have noticed earlier.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

This guy really got balls of steel...

Pei fu pei fu..

Confirm tao nao a bit short circuit .

最危险的地方就是是最安全,but he also forgets, 最安全的地方就是最危险的地方。

Nobody noticed

for $171 gets 3 months jail

Perhaps maybe for the guy it was worth it. 

With the assumption that he's unemployed and facing financial hardship, getting 3 months jail is probably good "ROI" in his mind: 

- Minimum comfort board; Roof over his head with highest level 24/7 Security.

- Daily nutritious basic meals and snacks.

- Basic attire provided with laundry service. 

- Routine physical workout for healthy well-being.

- Street cred for getting away with a tap from a police station and not getting caught till a month later.

• Praise 1

Reading the article, I have 2 questions:

1) If the tap costs $172.20, I'm wondering what 'special' tap that is and why we're paying so much for it.

2) What's more, it's stated that perpetrator was caught on CCTV unscrewing the tap - You mean there's a CCTV in the toilet as well??

wah.. suddenly voyeur big brother is everywhere..

How does a $170 tap looks like?

Can someone please show peasant me ? 

I think plus getting someone to come in to replace and getting it log thru the portal for catalogue eservice fee about there....

Its like mooncake.. its cheap but the box package can be expensive.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Need thorough polis investigation for:

(1) Why tap loose no one fix

(2) Why lousy loose tap can cost $170

(3) Why tap missing 1 month no one notice?

(4) Why tap remove but no water spout out?

(5) Why got CCTV in toilet?

(6) Why polis report polis at another polis station?

(7) Why one tap oso got warrant to do polis raid? (PMD and AMDK give more trouble but polis not involved)

(8) Why got such a stupiak thief?

1) Not home toilet what, who will bother? Maybe no one in the police hq bother to wash hands? Only the thief pays more attention to personal hygiene. 

2) Maybe include lousy labour cost. Still ex for such shoddy work done. Who's the manager who oversee the installation?

3) See #1

4) 20467psku.jpg

5) I think is just outside the toilet like most public toilets.

6) I think it's the toilet manager who made the police report. Maybe his office is at the other police station.

7) It's the police who decide all such raids. If they can...why not? Especially when they have the idiot's personal particulars. PMDs & AMDK dont have so much info prior arrests. Do they know who have PMDs and have their address? So many AM in sg how you know who is bad?

8) Mother never teach properly lo.

Edited by Watwheels

Usually at a hardware store, it cost around $25/- to $118/- depending made in where.

But factor in the labour cost, installation cost, delivery cost, quotation (gov department buy anything must have 3 quotes),.... etc. $170/- I am not surprised ..... :secret-laugh:

No leh. Mai suan them lah

I just rebuilt my house. Prices are still fresh in my mind

I am expecting that this is cold water tap and not mixer.

Cold water taps are not too expensive.

Decent brands will cost $80-120

More high end would be $150 up

So for a police station to have a $170 tap, to me is excessive.

The price discussed here and reported is just price of item . Does not include installation etc.

• Praise 2

I can onli conclude that polis neber wash hands after peeing sunce missing tap goes unnoticed for a whole month.....ewwwww

• Praise 6

Why you guys so surprised? Civil servants very poor thing one lor. Need expensive taps, need Herman Miller chairs, need Brompton foldies....

There could probably be more than one such taps lah....

actually govt purchases do not include GST, and at most add in additional labour cost only

transport cost, material cost, disposal cost all shouldn't be included one

also, for common items, they most likely already have established a fixed-rate contract with the suppliers, so they cannot anyhow quote expensive

unless the requirements is to have a water saving super duper smart tap, but then hard to justify during audit...

i wonder who drafted the contract in the first place for such expensive taps

Didn't know Govt buy thing no need GST. I wonder how the vendors do their accounts if they are GST registered. Govt above the law eh?

$171.20 = $160 + GST.

• Praise 4

Why you guys so surprised? Civil servants very poor thing one lor. Need expensive taps, need Herman Miller chairs, need Brompton foldies....

Didn't know Govt buy thing no need GST. I wonder how the vendors do their accounts if they are GST registered. Govt above the law eh?

$171.20 = $160 + GST.

Maybe that's the listed retail price.

But tender price fir construction time is much much cheaper?

I can onli conclude that polis neber wash hands after peeing sunce missing tap goes unnoticed for a whole month.....ewwwww

Its the same thing in the office.. ask more do more.. ask less do less..

in this case, if its the police man noticing it, who he report the crime to? the boss... and the boss will ask the generic question.. 

You very free hor .. 

I can also only say polis in some other countries do "other thing" got wash hands, wash hand clean clean some more, plus wipe mouths also.

$171.20 = $160 + GST.

Ya lo, why govt buy things no need GST de?  -_-

No leh. Mai suan them lah

I just rebuilt my house. Prices are still fresh in my mind

I am expecting that this is cold water tap and not mixer.

Cold water taps are not too expensive.

Decent brands will cost $80-120

More high end would be $150 up

So for a police station to have a $170 tap, to me is excessive.

The price discussed here and reported is just price of item . Does not include installation etc.

Yes my thoughts exactly. 

Even the German-made Hansgrohe Mixer Tap which I use for the common toilet basin cost me less than $120. I also used a basic local brand two way tap at the washing yard for only $49. 

So it really struck me when the cost of $172.20 was highlighted for what would likely be a basic-brand tap at a public facility. I would assume that public services would be more prudent and mindful of public perception of expenditures. On the other side of the coin, to be fair, it's not wrong to have better-branded fixtures since most contractors can secure it at pretty reasonable bulk prices from suppliers and the public institutions can enjoy economies of scale for purchases and related services (e.g. installation etc.); but the cost highlighted makes it seem like we didn't exactly get the best of deals.

Edited by Ronkovic
  • Praise 4

The worst thing is it was discovered 1 month after it was stolen

Police go toilet don't wash hand.

So, didn't know the tap is missing.

[:p]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1