COE Bidding – 2nd Round of August 2019

Carbon82

I got my COE on the 2nd bid after failing during the 1st bid. My dealer only bidded at 26999.

This time round, I saw they bidded 27999 at about 1pm, so imagine my disappointment when i saw the COE price went beyond that way before the tender exercise closed. Surprisingly, when i logged in to check after the exercise, they actually revised my bid to 32999 at 1555hrs.

Mine was a 6 bid NG booking made when CAT A COE was at 26k.

Your AD did not secure coe in last bid but secured coe for you in this bid? Actually for both bidding, if you compared with the $26k coe, it is still an increased of about $6k lo. Lol.

↡ Advertisement

Imagine you buying a car. Both same model, same colour, same mileage, same price.

But one got 26k COE and one got 32k COE.

Which one will you take?

Your AD did not secure coe in last bid but secured coe for you in this bid? Actually for both bidding, if you compared with the $26k coe, it is still an increased of about $6k lo. Lol.

Yes, exactly my thoughts. The prices were about the same. I figured probably I may be in a queue ..
  • Praise 1

Hi guys, need some advice. Previous rd 1 bidding wearnes give excuse loan not approved hence never bid. Now second rd they say they bid for cat b at 34-35k hence unsuccessful. My contract is 4 ng bid. Now sitting with 3 ng bid. Agent now propose maybe can go for open cat which is 40k. Doesnt make sense leh. When i buy the car coe is at 39k. What should i do ar?

• Praise 1

Hi guys, need some advice. Previous rd 1 bidding wearnes give excuse loan not approved hence never bid. Now second rd they say they bid for cat b at 34-35k hence unsuccessful. My contract is 4 ng bid. Now sitting with 3 ng bid. Agent now propose maybe can go for open cat which is 40k. Doesnt make sense leh. When i buy the car coe is at 39k. What should i do ar?

Nothing.

High chance you will get your car in the next two bids.

If you don't take back your deposit.

:D

• Praise 1

Nothing.

High chance you will get your car in the next two bids.

If you don't take back your deposit.

I text this to him:

34-35k cannot leh brother. Even if you bid 37k i think still reasonable cos you want to offset the 2k topup based on last coe which is 39k plus when we sign the agreement. Can your management do something about it?

Cos that time when i buy the car they keep wan me to topup another 2k. At that point of time the coe is 39k. U bid so low how to get the coe. Unless very sure the coe will drop then of course can get la. Lucky my contract say by 4th bid dont get, i can backout from this agreement.

If they ask me to topup any shit. I should not top up right.

• Praise 2

Go for open cat or whatever as long as they never ask you to top up. And your deal is non-g so they have no obligation to deliver.

If they really dont deliver, take the deposit and go elsewhere.

I text this to him:

34-35k cannot leh brother. Even if you bid 37k i think still reasonable cos you want to offset the 2k topup based on last coe which is 39k plus when we sign the agreement. Can your management do something about it?

Cos that time when i buy the car they keep wan me to topup another 2k. At that point of time the coe is 39k. U bid so low how to get the coe. Unless very sure the coe will drop then of course can get la. Lucky my contract say by 4th bid dont get, i can backout from this agreement.

Dont fall for their trap of topping up, tell them take it or leave it. No loss for you cause coe ain't gonna rocket at this rate and go shop for another car.

It's their loss unless you really really really love the car you wanted to buy.

• Praise 2

There is nothing wrong for agent to propose to give you open cat, unless he ask you to top-up. Whether to top up or not is your decision (based on how urgent you need the car). If not urgent, you should refuse as the economy is already unofficially in recession and COE prices should soften.

• Praise 1

I text this to him:

With the economic downturn and significantly less bookings over the hungry ghost period, and backlogs mostly cleared, Cat B COE is expected to see a downward trend.

There's legally nothing you can do, even if you are allocated  a low priced COE.

Check your COE rebate level.

I text this to him:

Right  [thumbsup]

With the economic downturn and significantly less bookings over the hungry ghost period, and backlogs mostly cleared, Cat B COE is expected to see a downward trend.

There's legally nothing you can do, even if you are allocated a low priced COE.

Check your COE rebate level.

This is what he reply. Their breakeven pt i think is 36k

“Just checked . They based on 36k. They are trying bro. Will update you once they let me know.”

So legally i cant do anything until i finish the 4 ng bid. But on my hand i need to ask them to bid every rd that is available right. Cos if not they can selectively bid when they feel like is unfair to me also

• Praise 1

âJust checked . They based on 36k. They are trying bro. Will update you once they let me know.â

So legally i cant do anything until i finish the 4 ng bid. But on my hand i need to ask them to bid every rd that is available right. Cos if not they can selectively bid when they feel like is unfair to me also

You buy car when COE is 39k, but their budget for COE is 36k. What shitty dealer is this? I have bought new cars from Honda, Nissan, Subaru and VW. All non-gteed, all got COE in 2 bids max. And 100% the bid price will be higher than the previous COE.

Authorized dealers usually just concerned with moving sales to meet targets from their principals. Overall margins on the cars they sell will average out. Where got micro-manage like your case one?

• Praise 2

Total BS.

You can see from SgCarmart margin analysis what their breakeven point is. Usually $20-30k play for Cat B.

Dont fall for their wayang. Call their bluff. If they rly play u some more find another AD who is not trying to manipulate u so horribly

• Praise 1

new buyer should come here and get advise before commit into agreement. 

now got alot PI or AD 1 bid confirm COE & 2 bid g with no top up. those who cannot get the COE and already fulfill the bidding round, can check and get back the deposit and go else where.

Btw, those already fulfilled the bidding round, can they get back full deposit?

• Praise 1

âJust checked . They based on 36k. They are trying bro. Will update you once they let me know.â

Pretty sure if they never submit also considered one bid.
  • Praise 1

Yes, exactly my thoughts. The prices were about the same. I figured probably I may be in a queue ..

Maybe your AD needs time to digest the crazy sudden increased of $6k in last round, after which they have accepted the increase, and even this round coe amount about the same as last round, they still go ahead to secure coe for you. Lol.
↡ Advertisement