COE Bidding – 2nd Round of August 2019

Carbon82

4 hours ago, Jamesc said:

What is the point of asking strangers on MCF when you get your car? 

Ask you salesman lah. 

:D

People these days are really not as smart as people from my time. 

Of course, I asked the SE, but just wanted to make sure she doesn't 'smoke' me as every day delay mean the car is depreciated without being used.

Btw, my time is probably earlier than you.

Edited by Civic101
To clarify my point.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Honestly, im very unhappy with the whole treatment that they are treating me. Let me run through the full story. So bear with me for the long text.

i sign the agreement on 30th july by trading in my family car peugeot 308 left about 3.5 years at 70k sgd and the price of the jaguar se is 175k with the conditions of 6 ng bids. But i can back out if 4th bid is still not secured. But during that period, the agent keep ask me to top up 3k so that i can get the car immediately, i told him bro, i already sign the agreement, why did you ask me to top-up. This is not something that i like after i sign. So he counter offer me to topup 2k. Again, i am fking tulan, i told him, if you wan lets do 1k since my peugeot also due for road tax renewal at that time. He say cant, then i told him forget about it.

Towards the date of first rd of bidding in August, i ask the agent if he had done the first bidding for me, he say loan haven approve so cant bid. But on the very same day, ocbc called to say that wearnes just submitted the loan application and they will be approving on the same day. But still agent say cant bid and this will not be considered as 1 bid. So i suck thumb.

On the second round, i asked the agent if he is bidding, he say ya, just submitted to management. I asked him how much is he bidding and if he is bidding under my nric? Cos i check my nric, i dont see any bidding at all. So i checked if he is bidding under open cat for me? f**king hell, keep need to ask him for updates. In the end after the bidding end, he never even tell me that he is bidding under my name or company name and he told me that they bid at 36k. He say maybe can ask management for open cat. But also never get back to me on this. So i told him off that based on july 2nd rd coe bid when i sign the agreement, the coe is hovering at 39k. So technically, you should be bidding at 37k as you wanted me to top up that 2k difference at the beginning for me to get the car earlier. So why are you bidding at 36k. He say he will work on it with the management. Knn make my blood boil man. 

So now i bo bian suck thumb, just need to pray hard coe keep go out, so either he suck thumb give me a higher coe cat b without topping up, or i will get back my deposit after the 4th ng bid.

Should i head down to their office to kao bei?

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Civic101 said:

Of course, I asked the SE, but just wanted to make sure she doesn't 'smoke' me as every day delay mean the car is depreciated without being used.

Btw, my time is probably earlier than you.

The coe haven't register to the car. Haven't start depreciating theoretically

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Slayer88 said:

Honestly, im very unhappy with the whole treatment that they are treating me. Let me run through the full story. So bear with me for the long text.

i sign the agreement on 30th july by trading in my family car peugeot 308 left about 3.5 years at 70k sgd and the price of the jaguar se is 175k with the conditions of 6 ng bids. But i can back out if 4th bid is still not secured. But during that period, the agent keep ask me to top up 3k so that i can get the car immediately, i told him bro, i already sign the agreement, why did you ask me to top-up. This is not something that i like after i sign. So he counter offer me to topup 2k. Again, i am fking tulan, i told him, if you wan lets do 1k since my peugeot also due for road tax renewal at that time. He say cant, then i told him forget about it.

Towards the date of first rd of bidding in August, i ask the agent if he had done the first bidding for me, he say loan haven approve so cant bid. But on the very same day, ocbc called to say that wearnes just submitted the loan application and they will be approving on the same day. But still agent say cant bid and this will not be considered as 1 bid. So i suck thumb.

On the second round, i asked the agent if he is bidding, he say ya, just submitted to management. I asked him how much is he bidding and if he is bidding under my nric? Cos i check my nric, i dont see any bidding at all. So i checked if he is bidding under open cat for me? f**king hell, keep need to ask him for updates. In the end after the bidding end, he never even tell me that he is bidding under my name or company name and he told me that they bid at 36k. He say maybe can ask management for open cat. But also never get back to me on this. So i told him off that based on july 2nd rd coe bid when i sign the agreement, the coe is hovering at 39k. So technically, you should be bidding at 37k as you wanted me to top up that 2k difference at the beginning for me to get the car earlier. So why are you bidding at 36k. He say he will work on it with the management. Knn make my blood boil man. 

So now i bo bian suck thumb, just need to pray hard coe keep go out, so either he suck thumb give me a higher coe cat b without topping up, or i will get back my deposit after the 4th ng bid.

I think your concept of top up a bit weird. 

Based on my understanding. Top up usually happens when they never get the coe. So they wanna sell u the open cat coe (which they have on hand) at a higher cost. When u top up, they immediately can give u the coe and register to you. 

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Tannl said:

The coe haven't register to the car. Haven't start depreciating theoretically

Please refer to my post, my question was how long after car is registered.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Slayer88 said:

1st, from sales volume point of view,  Jaguar is not even a 2nd tier main stream car in SGP, they are not even in the league of sales volume of Audi or VW etc,  but they make it like people are so hard up for it. 2nd, their margin is so insane that they make  at least 40k to 50k per car,  yet they dare to asked you for 2k or 3k top up  after sealing the sales agreement with you! They are shamelessly greedy , unethical and exploitative. With that kind of miserable sales volume, I thought they should be very keen to deliver every car that they could possibly closed, but it looks like they are driving their confirmed customer away.   Unfortunately now you are bound by their sales agreement, otherwise, might as well walk off, frankly, 170k gives you lots and lots of other better options, there is no need to show them you cannot live without this brand.   If I will you , either ask to cancel the contract, or, tell them to bid slowly, you are not keen anymore, once lapsed, go next door buy another brand and go back to show them your sales agreement. Meantime, continue driving your family Peugeot.  All the best.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 4

51 minutes ago, Slayer88 said:

70k for a 6.5 year old peugeot 308, thats one hell of an overtrade.

• Praise 5

On 8/24/2019 at 3:03 AM, Civic101 said:

Just got my COE. May I know how long does it take for one to get the car after it has been registered?

Just need a 1-2days... don’t let them register when the car not ready..

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Slayer88 said:

Go to the management and get some answer.

The sales person might be trying to fish more money from you.

• Praise 1

That Jaguar could have over swallowed the peugeot Lion at too high price.

SE panicked and try to hassle out a few Ks to cover the 'loss'?

Don't play into the SE hands, acting Kancheong is a sure fire way to tell the SE, the car buyer is easy to makan.

• Praise 4

12 hours ago, ferrytales said:

70k for a 6.5 year old peugeot 308, thats one hell of an overtrade.

Jaguar margin is very thick , no worries. Good for TS. 

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Jwee85 said:

That Jaguar could have over swallowed the peugeot Lion at too high price.

SE panicked and try to hassle out a few Ks to cover the 'loss'?

Don't play into the SE hands, acting Kancheong is a sure fire way to tell the SE, the car buyer is easy to makan.

Nice analogy. 

Over-trade easily $20k more than market price... probably not a real `loss' but much lower margin hence trying to fish some $$ back as you mentioned.

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Slayer88 said:

1. The salesman buay steady
2. He's trying his luck, using your seemingly urgency to get new car, to upsell you to top up for g'teed COE.

You should just put on poker face and play waiting game with them. If they don't want your biz then just take back your booking fee go buy another car. No big deal 😁

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, YEN96 said:

Logic is simple. The top up bcos can faster get car, sales person faster claim commission.

seriously doubt deal can be cancelled, they be stupid to void the sale.

then again, this W@@@@@ agent always funny way of doing business la....LOL

Let us know if this sale is cancelled and void......wait for your updates!! 

Will keep all of you updated. Meanwhile have to wait for my second bid in sept for coe bidding to see if i get it or not. What do you guys think for the next coe bidding? If it go down to 37k and he tell me never give me. I should head down to bang table liao right?

• Praise 2

Twincharged
11 minutes ago, Slayer88 said:

Will keep all of you updated. Meanwhile have to wait for my second bid in sept for coe bidding to see if i get it or not. What do you guys think for the next coe bidding? If it go down to 37k and he tell me never give me. I should head down to bang table liao right?

You can bang all you want. Still non guaranteed.  

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, Slayer88 said:

Actually now that you mentioned your 6.5 years Peugeot 308 got 70k trade in, maybe  it’s not that profitable for the dealer after all. Considering 8k depreciation and 10k PARF, your 308 is only worth 38k, and that is being super generous.

if I am in your shoes, paying $2k, collect new Jaguar and move on with your life is not a bad option.

• Praise 6

Twincharged
On 8/26/2019 at 9:30 PM, Slayer88 said:

Almost certain you will get your coe

This is not B&B car

So stay cool

175K is not cheap for coe at 36-38k

If you read the thread here, some Bro has gotten it at around 140k

Got to do with your overtrade car price

Hope you are getting the new model

• Praise 7

36 minutes ago, car50 said:

Almost certain you will get your coe

This is not B&B car

So stay cool

175K is not cheap for coe at 36-38k

If you read the thread here, some Bro has gotten it at around 140k

Got to do with your overtrade car price

Hope you are getting the new model

yup the 175k now makes sense for his overtrade of 30k at least. 

lol guess he doesn't have to worry about not getting his car. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3