COE Bidding – 2nd Round of August 2019

Carbon82

I text this to him:

34-35k cannot leh brother. Even if you bid 37k i think still reasonable cos you want to offset the 2k topup based on last coe which is 39k plus when we sign the agreement. Can your management do something about it?

Cos that time when i buy the car they keep wan me to topup another 2k. At that point of time the coe is 39k. U bid so low how to get the coe. Unless very sure the coe will drop then of course can get la. Lucky my contract say by 4th bid dont get, i can backout from this agreement.

If they ask me to topup any shit. I should not top up right.

Good one, shows them who's boss.

↡ Advertisement

This is what he reply. Their breakeven pt i think is 36k

“Just checked . They based on 36k. They are trying bro. Will update you once they let me know.”

So legally i cant do anything until i finish the 4 ng bid. But on my hand i need to ask them to bid every rd that is available right. Cos if not they can selectively bid when they feel like is unfair to me also

With trade war getting more intense and Singapore's GDP going towards 0% in 2019, Cat A and B should be mostly flat in this quarter.

Hence, it is likely that car dealers will try to secure COE for their buyers irregardless of guaranteed or not guaranteed package.  Some commission here and there is better than nothing.

I will just let the car dealer do their work and not check so frequently whether the COE has been secured.

• Praise 1

He also earn because his car is worth 6k more.

:D

In paper distributed to 10years... it better than getting lower coe at same price... ha.. me too got a few k more last bid... paper value up!

Imagine you buying a car. Both same model, same colour, same mileage, same price.

But one got 26k COE and one got 32k COE.

Which one will you take?

haha true 32k will go first.

But if same price then no significant value has been added, except 32K will go first and 26K after that. 

Higher COE may benefit only when COE crashed to such low level that car scrap value is higher than market price and someone have intention to change car at that time.

• Praise 2

I text this to him:

34-35k cannot leh brother. Even if you bid 37k i think still reasonable cos you want to offset the 2k topup based on last coe which is 39k plus when we sign the agreement. Can your management do something about it?

Cos that time when i buy the car they keep wan me to topup another 2k. At that point of time the coe is 39k. U bid so low how to get the coe. Unless very sure the coe will drop then of course can get la. Lucky my contract say by 4th bid dont get, i can backout from this agreement.

If they ask me to topup any shit. I should not top up right.

Wearnes ?  And they are talking about 2 K top up ?

This is really very strange given their huge mark-up for cars

Did they give you some clearance price deal so they are dealing in this way ? 

• Praise 1

Hi guys, need some advice. Previous rd 1 bidding wearnes give excuse loan not approved hence never bid. Now second rd they say they bid for cat b at 34-35k hence unsuccessful. My contract is 4 ng bid. Now sitting with 3 ng bid. Agent now propose maybe can go for open cat which is 40k. Doesnt make sense leh. When i buy the car coe is at 39k. What should i do ar?

Contractually, since you have signed for a n.g. package, Wearnes has no legal obligation to secure a COE for you at the level you have wanted. One can say that Wearnes will be losing a customer and profits, for not completing the deal, but sometime there might be other considerations over at AD's end.

Having said that, I personally think you will get your COE by the 4th bid, since there are downward pressure on COE premium, thus AD might be waiting for it to soften further, so as to maximize profits.

Now, help me to understand about Wearnes proposal to go open cat at $40K. Are they offering you the last round of cat E COE to complete the deal WITHOUT any top up? Given that the cat B premium at that bidding exercise was at $40,001 you will lose nothing to get the open cat (provided no top up) for your Jaguar. What make you feel that it doesn't make sense?

• Praise 5

Remember for atas brand their volume already super low and market very small. If they give up a genuine buyer its a huge chunk of their sales and commission.

Id be much more worried abt NG if i bought low margin high sales volume car like hyundai than jaguar and even then id say 90% chance komoco not so stupid to throw away a sale just coz u didnt fall for their carrot trick

• Praise 2

If no money to buy a new car just get a renewed COE car.

No need to show off. Cheap second hand car also good.

This one $4k only.

post-23002-0-41487600-1566567465_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

If no money to buy a new car just get a renewed COE car.

No need to show off. Cheap second hand car also good.

This one $4k only.

attachicon.gif1.jpeg

wah lau the admin of this dealer must be fired!  [rifle]  [whip]

wahahaha

fastest finger gets it

Guaranteed Buy Back At $116k At End Of Drive!

• Praise 2

On 8/24/2019 at 3:03 AM, Civic101 said:

Just got my COE. May I know how long does it take for one to get the car after it has been registered?

it will depend on your car is ready stock or pending LTA approval.

If ready stock, they will need to install accessories for you, roughly 1 - 2 weeks time.

Check with your PI/AD for the delivery date.

i got my COE last week, the PI trying to delivery the car to me by this week.

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Hotbod said:

Last week I got my COE on Wed, collected on Friday. Dealer already prepped the car 😅

So fast? You dont have any payment balance to settle? And your car nothing to install?

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So fast? You dont have any payment balance to settle? And your car nothing to install?

All paid and settled before then.

• Praise 1

On 8/24/2019 at 3:03 AM, Civic101 said:

Just got my COE. May I know how long does it take for one to get the car after it has been registered?

What is the point of asking strangers on MCF when you get your car? 

Ask you salesman lah. 

People these days are really not as smart as people from my time. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9