COE Bidding – 2nd Round of August 2019

Carbon82

Unbelieverable! Got an anonymous dislike for posting this!

LOL!

Anonymous : 5 Dislikes for COE Bidding â 2nd Round of August 2019

Comment: Please stop posting useless up down up down replies.Report

Sent Today, 03:22 PM

Jit Tao bo chi this guy:

Anonymous : 5 Dislikes for COE Bidding – 2nd Round of August 2019

Comment: useless commentReport

Sent Today, 03:03 PM

↡ Advertisement

Noticed hyundai decreased their avante down $6k on 14 Aug?! Meaning hyundai forcast coming wed coe will go down?

Price adjustment in between bidding. Hmmm...

My observations is that they will normally adjust 1-2 days after COE results,just in time for the weekend after bidding

Noticed hyundai decreased their avante down $6k on 14 Aug?! Meaning hyundai forcast coming wed coe will go down? 

the pricing for 71999 avante basic is 10 bids non-g according and yes, they are anticipating the coe to go down in the long run thats why 10 bids non-g. 

even 76999 for avante s, they still have sufficient buffer to bid up to 35k coe for the car, tried and tested. they submit a 33k coe bid for my car at 75k and thats the buffer and extent they are willing to go to close the deal. 

the pricing for 71999 avante basic is 10 bids non-g according and yes, they are anticipating the coe to go down in the long run thats why 10 bids non-g. 

even 76999 for avante s, they still have sufficient buffer to bid up to 35k coe for the car, tried and tested. they submit a 33k coe bid for my car at 75k and thats the buffer and extent they are willing to go to close the deal. 

10 bids? About 5 months got locked by AD?! Lol.

So if my car left 3 mths cannot buy from this AD le. Now buy car also so stressed.

• Praise 1

but kmc reputation is quite good right? if they are willing to take your order, they will usually deliver unless coe rocket to 50k then of course they wont. 

mine was also 6 or 8 bids non-g but first bid got already. i think as long as the pricing is not too ridiculously low and coe doesn't rocket, most likely will get the car and need not play the top up game. 

last i recall anyone mentioning kmc playing the top up game was in 2016/2017 when coe was rocketing. 

Edited by ferrytales
  • Praise 1

but kmc reputation is quite good right? if they are willing to take your order, they will usually deliver unless coe rocket to 50k then of course they wont. 

mine was also 6 or 8 bids non-g but first bid got already. i think as long as the pricing is not too ridiculously low and coe doesn't rocket, most likely will get the car and need not play the top up game. 

last i recall anyone mentioning kmc playing the top up game was in 2016/2017 when coe was rocketing. 

Before coe quota cut, AD securing coe for you chances quite high. But since last bidding when coe quota cut and coe went up $6k, now really hard to say if ultimately AD will deliver or not?! Even coe would not rocket to 50k, but to some ADs even an increased of $5k to $8k is a lot and they wont deliver?!

The top-up game play by kmc think is in 2016 when kmc offered quite a big discount on the car price, and coe did not come down much during that period. Heard not only top-up was played, some buyers also did not get a car end of 6 bids back then.

So if my car left 3 mths cannot buy from this AD le. Now buy car also so stressed.

So if you scare they would not give you a car or drag the coe bidding too long, then you can buy car from AD without too much discount lo. Or best buy from list price, i believe they would secure coe for you. 

by my dimensional analysis.

next year COE suppy for cat A and cat B to be at best 50% of 2019.

good luck.

coe at least $100k.

Edited by Ho2786
  • Praise 1

yeah if really die die wanna buy car, now is the best time already as boat is just about to leave. 

looking forward to the result for this round tmr!

I still believe even though the coe quota is cut, i guess coe would not rocket to $50k level, maybe for the month of Aug and Sep coe bidding for Cat A might hover around $30k plus level, and then maybe it will come down again.

first time heard of 10 bids sia... really long leh...

but my colleague told me he got his mazda 3 m-hybrid during preview launch in December last year at some car show.  They only started to bid for him when his current mazda 3 is reaching the end of 10 years which was in early august and he got his car at the last bid for July.

• Praise 1

by my dimensional analysis.

next year COE suppy for cat A and cat B to be at best 50% of 2019.

good luck.

coe at least $100k.

Let me hazard a guess, you bought a new car recently?  [:p]

And how do you know if the supply will be halved?

Edited by Old-driver
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

or they are aggressively trying to capture more market share for the B&B cars...

or they are aggressively trying to capture more market share for the B&B cars...

The current avante already been selling very well liao.

Let me hazard a guess, you bought a new car recently? [:p]

And how do you know if the supply will be halved?

Your guess about him could be correct, and what he said about COE reduction by half is not far from correct too. If you look at car population by age, the population of 9 year old cars(next year will be due for scrap) is nearly half the amount of 10 year old car this year, that means the COE available for recycle next year could NEARLY be half of this year.
  • Praise 1

KMC has ~$20K margin to play with. Even if they sell at $77K, that is still a healthy ~$15K margin. Given the Avantes are high volume sales cars, think KMC willing to go with lesser margins compared to other ADs and the PIs.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1