COE Bidding – 2nd Round of August 2019

Carbon82

Turbocharged

this is why, my friend, analysis cannot be trusted :D

most people, including myself, talk until got dragon got phoenix, but in the end the results differ

same goes for those stock analysts

• Praise 6

Haha congrats bro. Seems like they are quite sincere la. So when is delivery of car?

Should be by end of the month ba. I heard they need to take the car to do inspection and wait to fix accessories and etc.
  • Praise 1

Should be by end of the month ba. I heard they need to take the car to do inspection and wait to fix accessories and etc.

Clear custom already ah? Mine been stuck at port for 2 months already TT

• Praise 1

Clear custom already ah? Mine been stuck at port for 2 months already TT

Don’t know le... which AD/ PI you with? Got write down when they can deliver the car to you?
  • Praise 1

People like to say COE is controlled by the dealers.

Dealers sell more cars when COE is LOW.

When COE is low the profit margin is HIGHER.

So if dealers can really control the COE

They would make COE low.

Why on earth would dealers manipulate COE to be high?

:D

People really talk nonsense when they say dealers

control the COE. 

• Praise 8

Cat A should remain above $30k and Cat B above $35k in the next few rounds.  Jun - Aug is probably the quiet show room period.  Beyond Sep, I think the pent-up demand should build up again.

Cat A should remain above $30k and Cat B above $35k in the next few rounds.  Jun - Aug is probably the quiet show room period.  Beyond Sep, I think the pent-up demand should build up again.

I feel otherwise. Cat A $26k-$30K, Cat B $30k-$35K.

People like to say COE is controlled by the dealers.

Dealers sell more cars when COE is LOW.

When COE is low the profit margin is HIGHER.

So if dealers can really control the COE

They would make COE low.

Why on earth would dealers manipulate COE to be high?

:D

People really talk nonsense when they say dealers

control the COE.

Buyers control COE prices. Don't buy, COE price drop, All buy, COE price goes up. Simple demand and supply and supply is known 2,3 months in advance
  • Praise 2

Do you know a big AD have so many bids on hand to bid... they can’t really control fully but somewhere.. they can choose not bid for customer, they choose the price to bid... Imagine you got 20-25% of bid of total bid on hand.. just eye contact with other AD you can control more bids... remember what you see total bids is not all of AD bids on hand... they still have few hundred bids not bid...

So what you think? If they cannot control AD already bankrupt already... hmmm

• Praise 1

Ghost's month people don't buy car!

Ghost month over lo... buying and showroom time lo... money and people flow from Hong Kong to Singapore... buy more car.. haha

So what i learnt this week: 1k unsuccessful bids from last rd may not effect COE prices if AD showroom is ghost town...

In spite of backlog the obvious problem is no new orders = no order buildup = AD need to let prices come down to restart the cycle

• Praise 2

Do you know a big AD have so many bids on hand to bid... they canât really control fully but somewhere.. they can choose not bid for customer, they choose the price to bid... Imagine you got 20-25% of bid of total bid on hand.. just eye contact with other AD you can control more bids... remember what you see total bids is not all of AD bids on hand... they still have few hundred bids not bid...

So what you think? If they cannot control AD already bankrupt already... hmmm

I don't know this but what I do know is that backlogs will clear one day if demand is really bad. Maybe unlikely but not impossible.

And if it really happens, what will happen to COE prices? Can ADs still bid high prices?

So what i learnt this week: 1k unsuccessful bids from last rd may not effect COE prices if AD showroom is ghost town...

In spite of backlog the obvious problem is no new orders = no order buildup = AD need to let prices come down to restart the cycle

Good observation
  • Praise 1