SG in 2034 World Cup? What happened To Goal 2010 lol

StreetFight3r

Such lofty ideas. Why can't FAS make effort to re-join Malaysia Cup and maybe beat Johor as a start?

The '93-'94 era of Sundra, Fandi, Lim Tong Hai, super-sub Steven, Ábbas, etc was magical. Heck, I even go line up, paid $$ for ticket and long walk from Kallang MRT to National Stadium juz to watch and do kallang wave

Nowadays, gimme free ticket, free parking, free food & drinks to watch Gombak United vs Tampines Rovers oso i dun wan

They rejoined for like 2 years some years back, then ? got kicked out again?

That's what i recall. Though diplomatically, FAS didn't mention they got kicked out.

↡ Advertisement

Actually given that there is only a few soccer pitches in each estate, whereas indoor futsal pitches are more space friendly and can be played at those covered multipurpose sports complex. I wonder if they should promote indoor futsal more.

At a local level.

Valid point on futsal n being less physical, we may have a better chance but futsal unfortunately is a poor cousin of 11 a side field football at least where $ n recognition is concerned n it’s also not an Olympic sport yet.

• Praise 5

Such lofty ideas. Why can't FAS make effort to re-join Malaysia Cup and maybe beat Johor as a start?

The '93-'94 era of Sundra, Fandi, Lim Tong Hai, super-sub Steven, Ábbas, etc was magical. Heck, I even go line up, paid $$ for ticket and long walk from Kallang MRT to National Stadium juz to watch and do kallang wave

Nowadays, gimme free ticket, free parking, free food & drinks to watch Gombak United vs Tampines Rovers oso i dun wan

To be fair to FAS, it’s the Malaysians that barred us from competing. I also enjoyed the Malaysia Cup days but pls remember that this is a Malaysian competition n they hold all the cards as we are invited guests only n frankly we need them more than they need us.

We need the competition as they have the teams to make up a viable League. About the only thing they benefit is that it will be a sell out crowd when we are the opponents but even without us, they can attract large crowds thought may not be sell out.

• Praise 4

And I bet almost every match back then... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

last time most SBC tv show most of the population also watch then... 

• Praise 1

Sing after me: "Moses Lim is Tan Ah Teck, Koh Chieng Mun is Dolly......."

• Praise 5

The passion and rivalry when a Malaysian team plays us will always be more than when say Tampines plays Geylang as we are too small to have tribalism. Football is all about emotions, passion etc and when grown men cry and hug each other when we win matches against the Malaysians, u will understand why its the most popular sport here and also why we all long for the good old days.

It also answers why govt willing to fund our SPL and also why we have such lofty ambitions.

Unlike some, I don't laugh at these ambitions but in my opinion, Singapore shld have started with a goal of reaching the Asian Cup Finals first before talking about WC. I believe we have nvr qualified for Asian Cup Finals yet so that shld have been the immediate goal.  

• Praise 5

The passion and rivalry when a Malaysian team plays us will always be more than when say Tampines plays Geylang as we are too small to have tribalism. Football is all about emotions, passion etc and when grown men cry and hug each other when we win matches against the Malaysians, u will understand why its the most popular sport here and also why we all long for the good old days.

It also answers why govt willing to fund our SPL and also why we have such lofty ambitions.

Unlike some, I don't laugh at these ambitions but in my opinion, Singapore shld have started with a goal of reaching the Asian Cup Finals first before talking about WC. I believe we have nvr qualified for Asian Cup Finals yet so that shld have been the immediate goal.  

Agreed. I don't keep track of singaporean football anymore. Though i watched singapore vs MY/thailand few years back.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

No more Gombak United lah [laugh]

Wahahaaaa......see what i mean?

Bet most fellas here can't even name 3 current national players

Mayb start with aiming at SEA games first bah, we are not even doing well at SEA games, which is quite the basic level, how to even consider moving out.. ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Agreed. I don't keep track of singaporean football anymore. Though i watched singapore vs MY/thailand few years back.

same same.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Mayb start with aiming at SEA games first bah, we are not even doing well at SEA games, which is quite the basic level, how to even consider moving out.. ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

Yes agreed, SEA games first than Asian Cup but I suppose they want to have lofty ambitions but seriously WC level is really high benchmark which even China have qualified only once.

Australia, Japan, South Korea and perhaps Saudi Arabia are the only Asian countries who can claim to be regular qualifiers amongst the Asian teams.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8