Jump to content
StreetFight3r

SG in 2034 World Cup? What happened To Goal 2010 lol

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/asian-football/afc-u16-championship/1174323/singapore-eliminated-from-2020-afc-u16-championship-qualifiers-after-6-1-defeat-to-dpr-korea/

Under-16 AFC Championship. Lost to Hong Kong 2-1, then lost to North Korea 6-1. All at HOME GROUND Jalan Besar stadium. Is it our diet? Our water? Or the strawberry generation just too comfortable? 

It’s the haze

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ever mentioned on hwz before.  Should have political parties football club.  Maybe incorporate them into S league.

Imagine a match between

Young WP FC vs Young PAP FC

Young SDP FC vs Young NSP FC

I am sure that the players, while not so skilled, will play passionately and of cos the fans will be more.

And if attendances go up, incentives for better players to join will be there.  Then maybe got chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 3:59 AM, Philipkee said:

I ever mentioned on hwz before.  Should have political parties football club.  Maybe incorporate them into S league.

Imagine a match between

Young WP FC vs Young PAP FC

Young SDP FC vs Young NSP FC

I am sure that the players, while not so skilled, will play passionately and of cos the fans will be more.

And if attendances go up, incentives for better players to join will be there.  Then maybe got chance.

Ha. Then PAP will win every season. Where got kick? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

Ha. Then PAP will win every season. Where got kick? 😂

Not really.  I am sure WP can find some talented soccer players who are supporters as well.

And at the minimum there will be a lot of passion and fans cos supporters from both sides will wanna watch cos it will be like a sports version of GE.

If just 10% of those who go for rallies go for the soccer match I think it will be a sell out every match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Not really.  I am sure WP can find some talented soccer players who are supporters as well.

And at the minimum there will be a lot of passion and fans cos supporters from both sides will wanna watch cos it will be like a sports version of GE.

If just 10% of those who go for rallies go for the soccer match I think it will be a sell out every match.

You can't be serious. 😄

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

You can't be serious. 😄

Why not?  They have inter constituency football matches already.  Why not political parties as well?  At the very least it's just a game that can be called off after one season if it flops.

If the parties cannot find players among their supporters, then fine.

You dont necessarily need to get them to play in s league.  It's a suggestion only.  But play it like inter constituency games if need be.

You have inter formation games as well.

Inter company games and so on....

Edited by Philipkee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My answer is tongue in cheek, but PAP vs anyone else in Singapore, you should know the result la. There will always only be one winner.😜

Edited by Benarsenal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There goes, 1 point down for our 2034 WC Final dream .... :a-bang:

 

Yahoo news : Ben Davis: Thailand is best for me, it has a bright future and a chance to succeed

SINGAPORE — Former Singapore Under-19 national footballer Ben Davis has broken his silence on his decision to represent Thailand, after defaulting on his national service obligations.

In an interview with Thai television channel True4U that was posted on the channel’s Facebook page on Monday (7 October), the 18-year-old said, “I spoke to my family about my citizenship – I have the options of Singapore, Thailand, Wales and England. Now, I have decided to choose Thailand.

"I think this is the best choice for me. Thai football has a bright future and a chance to succeed. My parents also support my decision to the fullest. At first, my dad wanted me to play for Singapore, but for some reason, it did not happen. My mother is also very pleased that I have been given this opportunity.”

 

Link :https://sg.yahoo.com/news/ben-davis-thailand-is-best-choice-of-me-it-has-a-bright-future-and-a-chance-to-succeed-014555410.html

 

 

 

  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yahoo news : Ben Davis: Thailand is best for me, it has a bright future and a chance to succeed

SINGAPORE — Former Singapore Under-19 national footballer Ben Davis has broken his silence on his decision to represent Thailand, after defaulting on his national service obligations.

In an interview with Thai television channel True4U that was posted on the channel’s Facebook page on Monday (7 October), the 18-year-old said, “I spoke to my family about my citizenship – I have the options of Singapore, Thailand, Wales and England. Now, I have decided to choose Thailand.

why thai?

AMDK land don't want him or it's better to be a BIG fish in a small pool rather than a SMALL fry in a big pool [sly] [laugh] 

sibei smart [thumbsup] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

No, not AMTK .... :a-noway:

SG don't want him if he didn't go NS ... :we-all-gonna-die:

i mean why he didn't choose Wales or England? [confused] 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i mean why he didn't choose Wales or England? [confused] 

The Thailand National team called him up and he responded just like he responded earlier when Singapore National team called him up though he didn't get to play then, just in the squad which to me shows that he was keen on representing Singapore otherwise he wouldn't have flown all the way back just to be part of the squad only.

Anyway, to play for Wales or England would likely need him to go thru the age groups as competition for their squad places are more intense. I can't answer for him as there could be personal reasons as well why he chose Thailand but I can't help feeling regretful that we have lost a potential talented player as we had him in our squad first and as he himself acknowledged even his dad wanted him to pay for Singapore. Anyway, water under the bridge, just hope that he doesn't come back to bite us when playing for Thailand........   

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spring said:

The Thailand National team called him up and he responded just like he responded earlier when Singapore National team called him up though he didn't get to play then, just in the squad which to me shows that he was keen on representing Singapore otherwise he wouldn't have flown all the way back just to be part of the squad only.

Anyway, to play for Wales or England would likely need him to go thru the age groups as competition for their squad places are more intense. I can't answer for him as there could be personal reasons as well why he chose Thailand but I can't help feeling regretful that we have lost a potential talented player as we had him in our squad first and as he himself acknowledged even his dad wanted him to pay for Singapore. Anyway, water under the bridge, just hope that he doesn't come back to bite us when playing for Thailand........   

I can imagine the hoohaa. If he make it to thai first team.

And thai need to play away at sg home  ground.

I wonder if he will dare to step in. And if indeed come in. Police catch or  not. Sure create alot of wave

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I can imagine the hoohaa. If he make it to thai first team.

And thai need to play away at sg home  ground.

I wonder if he will dare to step in. And if indeed come in. Police catch or  not. Sure create alot of wave

I don't think he will step into Singapore anymore even for sporting reasons but I do wonder what is FIFA's stand on this ie can a person representing his country be arrested at a foreign land whilst representing his country? I can understand if it were serious crimes but then again a crime is a crime.

Anyway, I doubt if he will pay for Thailand if the match is in Singapore for his own good.

  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spring said:

I don't think he will step into Singapore anymore even for sporting reasons but I do wonder what is FIFA's stand on this ie can a person representing his country be arrested at a foreign land whilst representing his country? I can understand if it were serious crimes but then again a crime is a crime.

Anyway, I doubt if he will pay for Thailand if the match is in Singapore for his own good.

Police wont catch him, nothing to do with police.

But immigration will inform MIDEF, Military Police will be waiting for him at immigration, once out they "cope" him. 

Default NS is under Court Martial, if he come sure tio "cope"

I dont think he will ever step foot into SG anymore, football, business or personal..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tianmo said:

Police wont catch him, nothing to do with police.

But immigration will inform MIDEF, Military Police will be waiting for him at immigration, once out they "cope" him. 

Default NS is under Court Martial, if he come sure tio "cope"

I dont think he will ever step foot into SG anymore, football, business or personal..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yes agreed, I won't also if I were him but if not mistaken, there was a situation where UEFA (European Football Association) asked for safety guarantees from the host country for a player on the visiting team. Mkhitryan of Arsenal who was an Armenian was due to play in Baku, Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan at war with Armenia something like that.

Anyway Azerrbaijan refused to guarantee so the player didn't come but I suppose this is not comparable to the Davies case since his is a crime n not about war.  

  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Spring said:

Yes agreed, I won't also if I were him but if not mistaken, there was a situation where UEFA (European Football Association) asked for safety guarantees from the host country for a player on the visiting team. Mkhitryan of Arsenal who was an Armenian was due to play in Baku, Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan at war with Armenia something like that.

Anyway Azerrbaijan refused to guarantee so the player didn't come but I suppose this is not comparable to the Davies case since his is a crime n not about war.  

I dont know, I think war is different. In the case of war, they have to ensure the safety of their players.

In Dave case, he is a wanted man by MINDEF,  the moment he set foot into SG, he sure will be arrested. This one I am quite sure. 

I have one reservist mate, left SG to USA to set up some F&B after NSF, did not update MINDEF, and he stayed there for 12 years.  Parents old liao ask him to come back. The moment he landed, MP cope him, didnt even get to see immigration. Forgot he kena DB for 3 or 6 months, but he had it light for some reason, after that straight away send to my unit, did 6 in camp with us, and went back to USA.. 

But this case is reservist, and he did served his NSF,  mayb easier with Reservist old guys. 

Dave case is default NSF, I dont think he got any chance, if tio cope is sure go in. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question. Can he transit flight in Singapore?? Will ICA catch him?

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×