SG in 2034 World Cup? What happened To Goal 2010 lol

StreetFight3r

4 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

Question. Can he transit flight in Singapore?? Will ICA catch him?

ICA wont catch him, unless he smuggle anything in. 

His problem is with MINDEF and not ICA. ICA will inform MINDEF if he does transit SG. Its up to MINDEF to make arrangement and apply for permit to enter immigration to make arrest. 

For wanted personal by the police, I think transit SG police can make arrest, but also need apply to immigration. 

to play safe, best is he avoid SG totally. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Honestly I think we should just let him go la. His links to Singapore are tenuous at best.

His Dad British, his Mum Thai, he born in Thailand. It just so happens he spent some of his childhood here. He has no blood link to Singapore at all.

I think Singapore needs to face the reality of global citizens who move all over the world for their own personal reasons. It cannot tie everyone down here forever.

• Praise 2

https://mothership.sg/2019/11/singapore-football-under-18-afc-qualifiers/

Lost to South Korea 11 - 0

Lost to China 2 - 0

Lost to Myanmar - 8 - 0

Lost to Korea in a big margin I understand, but lost to Myanmar a 3rd world country?? Are we too soft on our kids?? Do we always praise them "good job! good job" even though they did badly while growing up, so now all become strawberries?? 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, teetootaller said:

garner a guess how will SG fare in SEA games 2019? We draw w Thailand, Indon and VN grp B. The lions seem to be improving in recent games

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/1198187/singapore-u-23s-could-get-faris-ramli-boost-for-sea-games-2019/

Where got draw or improve?? The national team lost to Saudi Arabia and Uzbekistan recently. The Under-23 and Under-18 lost even bigger margin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_AFC_Second_Round#Group_D

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, teetootaller said:

He is not even playing for thailand world cup or SEA games squad, so much hype over nothing previously and it's so obvious the father and him looking for selfish reasons to cop out after benefitting 10yrs from sg

It's too early to tell whether he will come good or nothing to shout about.

To be fair, not many 18 yrs olds get into any country full National team squad. As for SEA games, I'm not sure if he is chosen or not but even if not, u can't base on his non selection and conclude that he is all hype.

This argument of whether his reasons are selfish or that MINDEF is short sighted has run its course and as I posted previously both parties have made their decisions so time to move on.

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Spring said:

It's too early to tell whether he will come good or nothing to shout about.

To be fair, not many 18 yrs olds get into any country full National team squad. As for SEA games, I'm not sure if he is chosen or not but even if not, u can't base on his non selection and conclude that he is all hype.

This argument of whether his reasons are selfish or that MINDEF is short sighted has run its course and as I posted previously both parties have made their decisions so time to move on.

To my understanding, Thai coach maintain the same team that he used previously in other games.  

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

To my understanding, Thai coach maintain the same team that he used previously in other games.  

Possible as most coaches like a settled team esp if they are on a winning run but of course, new blood has to be introduced periodically to keep players on their toes and to test new blood.

Anyway as I mentioned, too early to tell if Ben is really talented or not. Think he just played in Cup games for Fulham first team and not yet in the League. Not easy to be a pro footballer as skill only brings u so far. Mental strength, discipline, work ethic etc differentiates the have and the have nots...... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5