Food of the Future?

PSP415

thought got live crickets for fish to eat?

i use mostly superworm but mealworm, silkworm, cockroaches, crickets, soldier fly, centipede got freeze dried and/or live version

i also mix their food with spirulina if their food/pellets does not have spirulina in them

some get oyster, prawn, fish, sotong etc

i think they eat better than me  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Funny innit.

We eat intestines and chicken's feet and meat from cows cooked rare and snails etc etc but have difficulty with eating insects.

I'm no different from posters above.

what's worse is we happily eat prawns, crabs, lobsters and crayfish..... creatures which spent their lives at the bottom of the sea eating dead rotting flesh, fish poop and other nasty stuff we throw into the sea.   

While a beetle grub which spent its life burrowed deep in the tree trunk just drinking the tree sap to sustain itself.... and we will say "Yeeeeee.... big fat worm, so disgusting!!! yucks!  I will never eat that!!"   [laugh]

• Praise 2

what's worse is we happily eat prawns, crabs, lobsters and crayfish..... creatures which spent their lives at the bottom of the sea eating dead rotting flesh, fish poop and other nasty stuff we throw into the sea.   

While a beetle grub which spent its life burrowed deep in the tree trunk just drinking the tree sap to sustain itself.... and we will say "Yeeeeee.... big fat worm, so disgusting!!! yucks!  I will never eat that!!"   [laugh]

Disgust is cultural and can be deeply ingrained.

Creepy crawlies arouse a primal instinct among most humans.  [:p]

Internal Moderator

haha u think they got clean this insects before deep frying?

[laugh]

If economy rice vegetables, some stall holders lazy to wash clean, this one even lagi worse  [shakehead]

I don't think they will wash it, they will "smash" alot of them accidentally..  [laugh]

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-insect-farming-food-protein-source-11786032

I assure u. If it comes to this stage, i may be going vegetarian.

Came across lots of these at Golden Mile Complex Supermarket on Level 2. Will usually detour. The large quantities of these can makes me nauseous. To actually eat them, i pass...out.

Any bravehearts tried? On one hand i dun want to know, on the other hand i am curious. Haiz

Safe ride

Cheers

hahha chop them up and you wont notice them liao .  :D  

I never tried b4 either 

• Praise 5

hahha chop them up and you wont notice them liao . :D

I never tried b4 either

Alamak...pls, oh bbbrave oone, go ahead.

• Praise 2

Ok ok ok now my turn to say something about this topic (Thai version)

1. First is I also like to eat bugs but not all, smaller ones like grasshoppers and worms I am ok but not large beetles and spiders and centipedes.

2. In Thailand the styles are mostly deep fried how ever I prefer it to be pan fried without oil this style is known as "khwa" in Thai. (Deep fry is known as "thot"). Its kind of like roasted. 

3. I think it taste nice with some sauces they spray on, a little like nutty taste.

4. Some people like me who live in Bangkok normally do not eat from stalls on motorcycles cos we do not know where they get their bugs from. We will normally eat when we are at upcountry or eat bugs from people we know who brought them and just back from upcountry.

5. You cannot possibly clean the bugs so a good and clean source is very important.

Next time I eat I will post here.

9 minutes ago, RadX said:

this looks damn gd actually

wah lan eh !!! NIN NA MA !!! 🖕

lucky not meal time [furious]

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Othello said:

wah lan eh !!! NIN NA MA !!! 🖕

lucky not meal time [furious]

eh times are bad...got food to eat good liao🤣

↡ Advertisement