subzero17

PI Cars - Shipment Arrival to Collection (Share Your Exp!)

Hi all, as many of you have experience buying from PI, assuming that the car you booked is not VAC-ready, kindly share your personal experience on your waiting time between the car's arrival in Singapore to clearing the port, LTA inspection and finally your collection date.

I've been digging around the forums and most of the information comes from a few years ago, which is quite outdated already. Also, take the chance to share some of your own recent experience with PIs.

↡ Advertisement

I made my order before second bid in june, up until now, my car is not received.

was told Vitas in earlier time, then all accessories is up but pending custom and etc.

Can i back out? this is 6 bid guaranteed, the coe is secured but the car is still pending.

I made my order before second bid in june, up until now, my car is not received.

was told Vitas in earlier time, then all accessories is up but pending custom and etc.

Can i back out? this is 6 bid guaranteed, the coe is secured but the car is still pending.

If you back out then your deposit will be gone?

they can't do anything to the coe since its secured under ur own nric anyway. 

even if the PI run road, you still earn cause you only paid a DP of 10k to secure your coe which is definitely more than 10k and COE has to be paid up in full first if i'm not wrong. 

↡ Advertisement

they can't do anything to the coe since its secured under ur own nric anyway. 

even if the PI run road, you still earn cause you only paid a DP of 10k to secure your coe which is definitely more than 10k and COE has to be paid up in full first if i'm not wrong. 

The COE need to pay 10K to bid. I am not afraid they run road because they are big and reputable. Question is i have no idea how long i should wait and the Temporary COE will expired 6 month after the bid.

Any news on the Custom and LTA is pack now? VITAS is cleared but why pending for custom? is it because of the PARF rebate need to through Custom again after VITAS provide the emission test result?

Thank you.

COE is secured means they actually kept their word. When was delivery of car promised on paper?

COE is secured means they actually kept their word. When was delivery of car promised on paper?

this one. Sign. First timer. not include anything about delivery date.

Since they have secured COE under your name, that means they are quite genuine and sincere in selling you a car. I guess the rest are admin challenges with LTA and registration etc. But still, be careful before you hand over the rest of your money. Yours is a 6 bills guaranteed, since they have secured COE for you, you have a weak case to back out. Edited by Ct3833

Lesson learnt, next time must put car delivery date on paper. But anyway, since your COE is secured, no need to worry about it.

If like they say, your car is pending port clearance, then u can ask for the chassis number of the car you’re receiving.

You can also go onemotoring to check and make sure that the COE is bidded under your name.

Lesson learnt, next time must put car delivery date on paper. But anyway, since your COE is secured, no need to worry about it.

If like they say, your car is pending port clearance, then u can ask for the chassis number of the car you’re receiving.

You can also go onemotoring to check and make sure that the COE is bidded under your name.

Thanks for all the comment.

Agent is quite helpful. send me all the chasis number, even the car is installed leather seat, player and etc.

there's coe register under onemotoring. But what i don't understand is why the VITAS and VICOM is cleared, still need to pending documentation from Custom. aren't all the document will provide when you tow the car from port?

Since they have secured COE under your name, that means they are quite genuine and sincere in selling you a car. I guess the rest are admin challenges with LTA and registration etc. But still, be careful before you hand over the rest of your money. Yours is a 6 bills guaranteed, since they have secured COE for you, you have a weak case to back out.

Just to share my own experience, I also booked the car right after 2nd bid in June, until now I’m also waiting for port clearance. I was promised delivery in Sep, so it’s not uncommon.

My advice - ask for chassis number, and before you make your balance payment, ask to see the actual car and match the chassis number to make sure they actually have your car.

If you purchased a PI car and have traded in your existing car, the longer the Wait, the more it benefits you as your existing car keeps depreciating in value and your new car is registered later.

So just sit back, relax and enjoy the wait.

I placed order in Oct when the car still in Japan. I secured COE at 2nd bid in Nov (4 bids gty). I only got my car in late March. My car was the 1st unit of the FL model. Hence, they said LTA inspection took longer. So it took about 5 months from order to delivery of car for me.

I placed order in Oct when the car still in Japan. I secured COE at 2nd bid in Nov (4 bids gty). I only got my car in late March. My car was the 1st unit of the FL model. Hence, they said LTA inspection took longer. So it took about 5 months from order to delivery of car for me.

Wow 5 months. That’s crazy. The PI also never expect 5 months right? Haha.

Wah you bid for COE without knowing when you would get your car cleared ? Respect but glad you got what you want.

First time buyer here too - still waiting for delivery. Coe secured mid June.

Can any bro share the process here? Like after coe then what is the expected sequence until delivery.

Buy P.I. cars better buy Ex Stock Units [nod] ,except Big Players [thumbsup] ....or else 6 Months time closed down... :a-bang:

First time buyer here too - still waiting for delivery. Coe secured mid June.

Can any bro share the process here? Like after coe then what is the expected sequence until delivery.

Process of purchasing from a PI.

Disclaimer: This is from my own personal experience, knowledge and understanding so if I'm wrong in any sense, do correct me.

I'll split my post into the car itself and the COE, as they can happen simultaneously

Car

Once you booked your car, booking fee and coe deposit will be collected from you. The amount differs from PI to PI.

VAC ready stock

If the PI has "VAC ready stock", then once COE is bidded, you woud be able to collect your car within 1 to 2 week.

Click here to learn more about "VAC ready stock"

Non-VAC ready stock

If the car is still pending shipment from the manufacturing country at the time of booking, it may take 1 to 2 months for the car to reach Singapore, depending on where the car is shipped from.

If the car is already on the way, your SE will advise on the date it will arrive in Singapore.

Once the car is in Singapore, it will take about 6-8 weeks to clear the customs and LTA inspection.

After which, the PI will register the car to your name and do all the car preparation for you before you take delivery.

It's good to note that you should never make balance payment of your car until you have seen the car you're getting. Some PIs will also invite you down on the day of registration to view & check the car, make balance payment before registering it.

COE Bidding

COE bidding is one thing by itself. Your SE will keep you updated on whether your bidding successful or not.

Just want to share something regarding the terms

Number of bids vs guaranteed/non-guaranteed are 2 different things.

6 bid guaranteed means they will confirm get you a COE within 6 bids, else they should give you open cat, as they guaranteed it.

6 bid non-guaranteed means they will bid 6 times for you, and if don't get COE, they will refund deposit.

Wow 5 months. That’s crazy. The PI also never expect 5 months right? Haha.

PI expected about 3 months. But shipment delayed and LTA took longer to clear inspection. But PI updated me on COE, shipment schedule and chassis number along the way.

Wah you bid for COE without knowing when you would get your car cleared ? Respect but glad you got what you want.

Bid handled by the PI. A bit scared cos first time buying from PI. But experience was not too bad although waited a bit longer to get the car. PI assured me that they were very confident to register my car before the COE expiry date. My 6months old car was slammed from the back by a young newbie driver in a rented van! The PI handled the repairs and accident claims, and advised me what to do and even hired lawyer for me for the medical claims. Provided me replacement cars (changed twice cos I complained that the first one was in bad shape).

Just got a 2nd car from them too. This time round from order to car delivery, 4 weeks. The car was in port awaiting LTA clearance.

PI expected about 3 months. But shipment delayed and LTA took longer to clear inspection. But PI updated me on COE, shipment schedule and chassis number along the way.

I am now in a situation where I ordered a relatively new model, but other PI model have already cleared the custom and duty even though mine arrived 3 weeks earlier than theirs. Probably not my PI's fault also but just frustrating.

Edited by subzero17

I am now in a situation where I ordered a relatively new model, but other PI model have already cleared the custom and duty even though mine arrived 3 weeks earlier than theirs. Probably not my PI's fault also but just frustrating.

bro, what model you order? Do you have second hand car to trade in?

↡ Advertisement