PI Cars - Shipment Arrival to Collection (Share Your Exp!)

subzero17

First time buyer here too - still waiting for delivery. Coe secured mid June.

Can any bro share the process here? Like after coe then what is the expected sequence until delivery.

Process of purchasing from a PI.

Disclaimer: This is from my own personal experience, knowledge and understanding so if I'm wrong in any sense, do correct me.

I'll split my post into the car itself and the COE, as they can happen simultaneously

Car

Once you booked your car, booking fee and coe deposit will be collected from you. The amount differs from PI to PI.

VAC ready stock

If the PI has "VAC ready stock", then once COE is bidded, you woud be able to collect your car within 1 to 2 week.

Click here to learn more about "VAC ready stock"

Non-VAC ready stock

If the car is still pending shipment from the manufacturing country at the time of booking, it may take 1 to 2 months for the car to reach Singapore, depending on where the car is shipped from.

If the car is already on the way, your SE will advise on the date it will arrive in Singapore.

Once the car is in Singapore, it will take about 6-8 weeks to clear the customs and LTA inspection.

After which, the PI will register the car to your name and do all the car preparation for you before you take delivery.

It's good to note that you should never make balance payment of your car until you have seen the car you're getting. Some PIs will also invite you down on the day of registration to view & check the car, make balance payment before registering it.

COE Bidding

COE bidding is one thing by itself. Your SE will keep you updated on whether your bidding successful or not.

Just want to share something regarding the terms

Number of bids vs guaranteed/non-guaranteed are 2 different things.

6 bid guaranteed means they will confirm get you a COE within 6 bids, else they should give you open cat, as they guaranteed it.

6 bid non-guaranteed means they will bid 6 times for you, and if don't get COE, they will refund deposit.

• Praise 4

Wow 5 months. That’s crazy. The PI also never expect 5 months right? Haha.

PI expected about 3 months. But shipment delayed and LTA took longer to clear inspection. But PI updated me on COE, shipment schedule and chassis number along the way.

Wah you bid for COE without knowing when you would get your car cleared ? Respect but glad you got what you want.

Bid handled by the PI. A bit scared cos first time buying from PI. But experience was not too bad although waited a bit longer to get the car. PI assured me that they were very confident to register my car before the COE expiry date. My 6months old car was slammed from the back by a young newbie driver in a rented van! The PI handled the repairs and accident claims, and advised me what to do and even hired lawyer for me for the medical claims. Provided me replacement cars (changed twice cos I complained that the first one was in bad shape).

Just got a 2nd car from them too. This time round from order to car delivery, 4 weeks. The car was in port awaiting LTA clearance.

(edited)

PI expected about 3 months. But shipment delayed and LTA took longer to clear inspection. But PI updated me on COE, shipment schedule and chassis number along the way.

I am now in a situation where I ordered a relatively new model, but other PI model have already cleared the custom and duty even though mine arrived 3 weeks earlier than theirs. Probably not my PI's fault also but just frustrating.

Edited by subzero17

I am now in a situation where I ordered a relatively new model, but other PI model have already cleared the custom and duty even though mine arrived 3 weeks earlier than theirs. Probably not my PI's fault also but just frustrating.

bro, what model you order? Do you have second hand car to trade in?

Process of purchasing from a PI.

Disclaimer: This is from my own personal experience, knowledge and understanding so if I'm wrong in any sense, do correct me.

I'll split my post into the car itself and the COE, as they can happen simultaneously

Car

Once you booked your car, booking fee and coe deposit will be collected from you. The amount differs from PI to PI.

VAC ready stock

If the PI has "VAC ready stock", then once COE is bidded, you woud be able to collect your car within 1 to 2 week.

Click here to learn more about "VAC ready stock"

Non-VAC ready stock

If the car is still pending shipment from the manufacturing country at the time of booking, it may take 1 to 2 months for the car to reach Singapore, depending on where the car is shipped from.

If the car is already on the way, your SE will advise on the date it will arrive in Singapore.

Once the car is in Singapore, it will take about 6-8 weeks to clear the customs and LTA inspection.

After which, the PI will register the car to your name and do all the car preparation for you before you take delivery.

It's good to note that you should never make balance payment of your car until you have seen the car you're getting. Some PIs will also invite you down on the day of registration to view & check the car, make balance payment before registering it.

COE Bidding

COE bidding is one thing by itself. Your SE will keep you updated on whether your bidding successful or not.

Just want to share something regarding the terms

Number of bids vs guaranteed/non-guaranteed are 2 different things.

6 bid guaranteed means they will confirm get you a COE within 6 bids, else they should give you open cat, as they guaranteed it.

6 bid non-guaranteed means they will bid 6 times for you, and if don't get COE, they will refund deposit.

To update, it take more than 6-8 weeks to clear the customs and LTA inspection.

My car is in sg, sent to vitas on 6th April, until now I'm still waiting custom clearance. Vitas is complete beginning of this month.

• Praise 1

My car is in sg, sent to vitas on 6th April, until now I'm still waiting custom clearance. Vitas is complete beginning of this month.

Oh? Do you mind sharing what car did you order?

Do you mind sharing when did you book your car?

Neutral Newbie

First time buyer, I got my COE mid may till now no car delivery.

PI say collecting in 2-3 weeks but at the moment still no confirm date and chassis number.

I try to call PI as a new customer they say got few ready stock but price was higher. I'm confused why they do not give it to those waiting buyers than leaving it available sell to new customers that willing to pay higher/current car price?

For COE result, when I view my result now it is not available here https://ocoe.lta.gov.sg/PaInternetAction.do but when I view it just after mid may bidding it was there. Can PI transfer my COE even it is tied up to my IC?

Well overall this car purchase to PI is taking too long. If got chance to cancel + refund I will do it 100%.

(edited)

First time buyer, I got my COE mid may till now no car delivery.

PI say collecting in 2-3 weeks but at the moment still no confirm date and chassis number.

I try to call PI as a new customer they say got few ready stock but price was higher. I'm confused why they do not give it to those waiting buyers than leaving it available sell to new customers that willing to pay higher/current car price?

For COE result, when I view my result now it is not available here https://ocoe.lta.gov.sg/PaInternetAction.do but when I view it just after mid may bidding it was there. Can PI transfer my COE even it is tied up to my IC?

Well overall this car purchase to PI is taking too long. If got chance to cancel + refund I will do it 100%.

Hi, do you mind sharing which PI? When was the delivery date as promised by your PI on the contract when you booked your car?

So you're saying that your COE is bidded under your NRIC but now it's not there anymore?

"I'm confused why they do not give it to those waiting buyers than leaving it available sell to new customers that willing to pay higher/current car price?" 

Haha why would they bother to if they already locked you as a customer and they can earn more with existing stock? Ready-stock means it's easier secure new buyers.

Edited by subzero17

Neutral Newbie

Hi, do you mind sharing which PI? When was the delivery date as promised by your PI on the contract when you booked your car?

So you're saying that your COE is bidded under your NRIC but now it's not there anymore?

"I'm confused why they do not give it to those waiting buyers than leaving it available sell to new customers that willing to pay higher/current car price?" 

Haha why would they bother to if they already locked you as a customer and they can earn more with existing stock? Ready-stock means it's easier secure new buyers.

I think it is not fair to mention any PI here. No delivery date since Im a first time buyer i just deposit COE bid and book my car.

For COE, beginning to the next bidding cycles i cannot see my COE results online...it this normal?

For ready stock, I understand they can make money for new customers willing to take high price but should they give priority to booked buyers as well? PI and SE is not being transparent to customers waiting for car delivery.

I think it is not fair to mention any PI here. No delivery date since Im a first time buyer i just deposit COE bid and book my car.

For COE, beginning to the next bidding cycles i cannot see my COE results online...it this normal?

For ready stock, I understand they can make money for new customers willing to take high price but should they give priority to booked buyers as well? PI and SE is not being transparent to customers waiting for car delivery.

For future reference, you need to get the PI to commit to a delivery date. If they are really unable to commit to a delivery date, then it's best to not sign with them. Even if you sign in April and they commit to August/September, at least it's a commitment timeframe in black and white.

As many bros here usually recommend, best to either go with a trustworthy PI for non-ready stock, or purchase from a PI that has ready stock.

With regards with your COE bidding, you can check your COE status in onemotoring under vehicles you own or smth. You won't be able to see it through the bidding status once that round has passed.

Anyway, you can PM me privately if you don't want to name your PI here. Different PI will have different process so it's hard for me to gauge as well. If not, all the best!

What is the model of your car that you bought?

↡ Advertisement