PI Cars - Shipment Arrival to Collection (Share Your Exp!)

subzero17

Neutral Newbie
On 8/21/2019 at 12:33 AM, subzero17 said:

Process of purchasing from a PI.

Disclaimer: This is from my own personal experience, knowledge and understanding so if I'm wrong in any sense, do correct me.

I'll split my post into the car itself and the COE, as they can happen simultaneously

Car

Once you booked your car, booking fee and coe deposit will be collected from you. The amount differs from PI to PI.

VAC ready stock

If the PI has "VAC ready stock", then once COE is bidded, you woud be able to collect your car within 1 to 2 week.

Click here to learn more about "VAC ready stock"

Non-VAC ready stock

If the car is still pending shipment from the manufacturing country at the time of booking, it may take 1 to 2 months for the car to reach Singapore, depending on where the car is shipped from.

If the car is already on the way, your SE will advise on the date it will arrive in Singapore.

Once the car is in Singapore, it will take about 6-8 weeks to clear the customs and LTA inspection.

After which, the PI will register the car to your name and do all the car preparation for you before you take delivery.

It's good to note that you should never make balance payment of your car until you have seen the car you're getting. Some PIs will also invite you down on the day of registration to view & check the car, make balance payment before registering it.

COE Bidding

COE bidding is one thing by itself. Your SE will keep you updated on whether your bidding successful or not.

Just want to share something regarding the terms

Number of bids vs guaranteed/non-guaranteed are 2 different things.

6 bid guaranteed means they will confirm get you a COE within 6 bids, else they should give you open cat, as they guaranteed it.

6 bid non-guaranteed means they will bid 6 times for you, and if don't get COE, they will refund deposit.

Hi, the post above is useful info. Assuming using cashier order (banker’s cheque) for balance payment, is it reasonable if the car is not registered on the same day balance payment is made? Is it ok if there is a delay of a few days?

↡ Advertisement

On 8/21/2019 at 12:33 AM, subzero17 said:

Process of purchasing from a PI.

Disclaimer: This is from my own personal experience, knowledge and understanding so if I'm wrong in any sense, do correct me.

I'll split my post into the car itself and the COE, as they can happen simultaneously

Car

Once you booked your car, booking fee and coe deposit will be collected from you. The amount differs from PI to PI.

VAC ready stock

If the PI has "VAC ready stock", then once COE is bidded, you woud be able to collect your car within 1 to 2 week.

Click here to learn more about "VAC ready stock"

Non-VAC ready stock

If the car is still pending shipment from the manufacturing country at the time of booking, it may take 1 to 2 months for the car to reach Singapore, depending on where the car is shipped from.

If the car is already on the way, your SE will advise on the date it will arrive in Singapore.

Once the car is in Singapore, it will take about 6-8 weeks to clear the customs and LTA inspection.

After which, the PI will register the car to your name and do all the car preparation for you before you take delivery.

It's good to note that you should never make balance payment of your car until you have seen the car you're getting. Some PIs will also invite you down on the day of registration to view & check the car, make balance payment before registering it.

COE Bidding

COE bidding is one thing by itself. Your SE will keep you updated on whether your bidding successful or not.

Just want to share something regarding the terms

Number of bids vs guaranteed/non-guaranteed are 2 different things.

6 bid guaranteed means they will confirm get you a COE within 6 bids, else they should give you open cat, as they guaranteed it.

6 bid non-guaranteed means they will bid 6 times for you, and if don't get COE, they will refund deposit.

1 hour ago, yuch said:

Hi, the post above is useful info. Assuming using cashier order (banker’s cheque) for balance payment, is it reasonable if the car is not registered on the same day balance payment is made? Is it ok if there is a delay of a few days?

Thee are a 2 type of Guaranteed COE though.

Guaranteed COE without top up
- Dealer supposed to secure COE for you at all cost. If COE rises up too high and its out of their reserve, be prepared to take back your deposit (in a few weeks time if the dealer use your money to roll). It all depends on the price you're paying for the car.

Guaranteed Capped COE
- COE is capped at a certain agreed level based on the purchase price.

*Should also mention COE rebate because it is protect the buyer in event COE drops drastically.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, not really related but still post here. Recently i bought a yaris cross from PI with 40% downpayment and 60% loan (7 years). However, PI just recently came back and said OMV is less than 20k, i am allowed to downpay 30%. But i don want to change to 30% because im comfortable with 60% loan payment. 70% means im paying more.

Can the PI do that and force me to downpay less?

1 hour ago, Cavinlau said:

Hi all, not really related but still post here. Recently i bought a yaris cross from PI with 40% downpayment and 60% loan (7 years). However, PI just recently came back and said OMV is less than 20k, i am allowed to downpay 30%. But i don want to change to 30% because im comfortable with 60% loan payment. 70% means im paying more.

If you don't want then just tell the dealer no lor.

1 hour ago, Cavinlau said:

They forcing me to do so leh.. can they do that?

You signed contract with terms already right? How to force? At most they'll reduce "freebies" only promised by word of mouth. 

On 12/23/2020 at 8:45 PM, woshiwulu said:

Anyone able to share on how long LTA inspection for new PI cars take these few months? 😄

I remembered for my 2021 Honda Fit was from 22 June to 5 August 2020. It was about 7 to 8 weeks. 

2 hours ago, Dreame1 said:

I remembered for my 2021 Honda Fit was from 22 June to 5 August 2020. It was about 7 to 8 weeks. 

On 1/23/2021 at 5:06 PM, Hydesg said:

think about 3 months so collect in apr if reach sg in dec

Thanks for the replies! Received mine and it took about 7 weeks. 

• Praise 1

On 1/25/2021 at 11:48 AM, Cavinlau said:

Why put yourself in such a situation though? Despite reminders for people to buy a VAC ready car, they still kan chiong to buy a car that has yet to arrive on our shores. What if the OMV is $5k more than what the dealer estimated or VES neutral instead of rebate? Guess a lot (or mostly not active on car forums)  didn't learn from the previous 2019 Shuttle VES issue.

The reason why the dealer want you on loan more is because the company will earn more on the loan comm. Not rocket science 😂

my dealer told me the car is in singapore warehouse and had given me the engine, chasis numbers. now pending for inspection. does anyone knows how long this will take? thank you.

Neutral Newbie

My family recently just purchased one from PI , they do have existing stock , so is only took about 3 weeks to get the car.