Parking Rules and Penalties

awhtc

I did not know HDB parking rules are so strict https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/car-parks/parking-offences/parking-rules-and-penalties:

Repairing/ allowing repairs to a motor vehicle in a parking place. ($80 fine)

No one is allowed to jump start a car and change to a new car battery.

Using a motor vehicle within a parking place for sale or promoting the sale of goods of any kind. ($80 fine)

Property agents or taxis with advertisement stickers should beware.

Cause/ allow vehicle to be washed in a parking place. ($80)

Anyone who engages foreign workers to wash their car at night will have to stop doing that.

But I still have not figured out why vans and lorries are allowed to park at loading/unloading bay as long as they want while seasoned parking car owners cannot  :a-confused:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I did not know HDB parking rules are so strict https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/car-parks/parking-offences/parking-rules-and-penalties:

Using a motor vehicle within a parking place for sale or promoting the sale of goods of any kind. ($80 fine)

Anyone who engages foreign workers to wash their car at night will have to stop doing that.

But I still have not figured out why vans and lorries are allowed to park at loading/unloading bay as long as they want while seasoned parking car owners cannot  :a-confused:

Where did you get the conclusion from that only commercial vehicles are allowed to park at HDB loading/unloading?

I've seen numerous times commercial vehicle got fined for parking and not intending to load/unload.

Where did you get the conclusion from that only commercial vehicles are allowed to park at HDB loading/unloading?

I've seen numerous times commercial vehicle got fined for parking and not intending to load/unload.

I have never seen before commercial vehicles getting fined but I have seen many cars getting fined, including myself.

Don't think HDB is so strict on the rules you mentioned. 

14a. Repairing/ allowing repairs to a motor vehicle in a parking place. ($80 fine)

If you go up to the higher levels and do DIY small projects like EO change, brakes cleaning, rotate wheels...etc, they usually won't care much. Just don't attempt to drop engine or change radiator with coolant dripping all over the floor lah. Key words - no complains from members of public. That one GG very fast.

14b. Using a motor vehicle within a parking place for sale or promoting the sale of goods of any kind. ($80 fine)

I think they meant opening up the boot of your van/car to sell home speakers or durians. Not some pamphlets or stickers.

14c. Cause/ allow vehicle to be washed in a parking place. ($80)

Usually foreign worker will use cloth and wipe then rinse in their pail. No hose, no scoop. To me, I think more "wiping" than "washing".

• Praise 2

I have never seen before commercial vehicles getting fined but I have seen many cars getting fined, including myself.

You dont see doesnt mean dont have, unless you are saying you camp there 24x7 for 1-2 months.

You want to park in those lots, tio summon, then mai kpkb lah, want to take the risk, then prepare to pay the fine, whats there to compare? 

• Praise 1

Rules are rules la, just that we sometimes take forgranted that nobody bother enforcing.

Never kenna is lucky, got kenna is ownself ask for it one tbh

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1