Elderly man killed by falling wine bottle at condo

Tjkbeluga

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/killer-litter-suspected-of-causing-death-of-74-year-old-man

Sigh.... I initially thought the poor guy went there to deliver something and got hit but no, he is there to attend a celebration, thus my question, why on earth do they mention his profession so prominently? Disgusted....

I wonder, if he is a general admin clerk, would the title be "A 74-year-old clerk dies after being......"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/killer-litter-suspected-of-causing-death-of-74-year-old-man

Sigh.... I initially thought the poor guy went there to deliver something and got hit but no, he is there to attend a celebration, thus my question, why on earth do they mention his profession so prominently? Disgusted....

I wonder, if he is a general admin clerk, would the title be "A 74-year-old clerk dies after being......"

RIP encik. Sincere condolences to the bereaved family.

Hopefully the culprit is caught. May not be the first time idiot's done the littering.

Good if the MC can seriously consider constructing a roof or fixed awning over the bbq pit area. One death is enuff.

Think occupation mentioned in articles are quite common and delivery vocation is a honest living. But agree that it may be more appropriate though to say "guest" as the first read of headlines does give impression he was on a delivery run then.

Thanks for sharing

Safe ride. Killer litters can also be on the roads too. Dun be the culprit.

• Praise 5

Sigh.... I initially thought the poor guy went there to deliver something and got hit but no, he is there to attend a celebration, thus my question, why on earth do they mention his profession so prominently? Disgusted....

yo, no offence. but ain't your threat title reflecting that too?

Maybe you typed it too fast.

I agree. Though i guess many would have assumed a 74 year old man is likely to be a retiree.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

RIP encik. Sincere condolences to the bereaved family.

Hopefully the culprit is caught. May not be the first time idiot's done the littering.

Good if the MC can seriously consider constructing a roof or fixed awning over the bbq pit area. One death is enuff.

Think occupation mentioned in articles are quite common and delivery vocation is a honest living. But agree that it may be more appropriate though to say "guest" as the first read of headlines does give impression he was on a delivery run then.

Thanks for sharing

Safe ride. Killer litters can also be on the roads too. Dun be the culprit.

I am gonna add on. Perhaps suicide nets can be placed as well. We dont have to call it suicide nets. We can officially say it's for killer litter but the specs are actually strong enough to catch a falling adult/child.

My boss say I got loads of ideas but all my ideas cost money :D

• Praise 1

I also agree and cannot understand why ST like to report age and profession which has nothing to do with most reports. In this incident ok to know an man around 70 was hit by a glass bottle. Whether he is 75 or 78 and if he is CEO or Grab driver, the result is the same

• Praise 1

yo, no offence. but ain't your threat title reflecting that too?

Maybe you typed it too fast.

I agree. Though i guess many would have assumed a 74 year old man is likely to be a retiree.

sure... but my point is the indication of profession there has totally nothing to do with the incident. What are they trying to say but putting that? I suppose "disgust" was the wrong word to use. 

sure... but my point is the indication of profession there has totally nothing to do with the incident. What are they trying to say but putting that? I suppose "disgust" was the wrong word to use.

I can understand your feeling

Hope police can get some finger print on the bottle and identify the culprit

If not a resident.. then finger print maybe also no use
  • Praise 1

I think if you have a biometric passport, you would have already voluntarily given away your fingerprint.

• Praise 4

Deleted my original post. Read the the article wrongly....

Edited by Sx4falcon

Turbocharged

Rip to the poor fella.

Newspaper title probably reflect recent policy... Hence old age + job description

Also I thought spottiswoode park was HDB all along, not condo. Was it a hudc before?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1