Toa Payoh tragedy

Yamapi

Sad. Thought most of these pole holders have been retrofitted to have the rack at the end so that the pole doesn't drop down easily or force the person to lean out too much.

I used to see my mum hanged the laundry outside the window in those 40 yrs old 3-room HDB flat.

It's the most silly and dangerous design one can come up with.

RIP to the old couple.:a-rip:

• Praise 4

The old man might have lost his balance due to sudden weakness in his limbs, thus falling down from height. Now I better remind my mum to stop hanging her cloth using those external rack / bamboo pole holder... :excl:

On the better side (I want to say bright side but...), at least his wife pass away quickly, rather than be traumatized by the sight of her husband falling for the remaining of her life, which could lead to depression, dementia, stroke and such (more mental and physical suffering)

Rest in peace the old couple. :a-rip:  :a-rip:

• Praise 7

RIP

if one thinks positively....they went off on the same day....not a lot of couples can do that

I have the same thought too, except that it is a rather tragic way to go. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

I used to see my mum hanged the laundry outside the window in those 40 yrs old 3-room HDB flat.

It's the most silly and dangerous design one can come up with.

RIP to the old couple. :a-rip:

I know my mum's old flat has those new rack designs that don't need you to be Arnold swazzy in order to haul in a pole of clothes...I tot they retrofitted to all flats?

I know my mum's old flat has those new rack designs that don't need you to be Arnold swazzy in order to haul in a pole of clothes...I tot they retrofitted to all flats?

Probably but i guess still needs to stretch and lean out to hang the tekko.

Faint.....

RIP

I have the same thought too, except that it is a rather tragic way to go.

Can't imagine what the children feel like. Losing both their parents on the same day
  • Praise 3

Should hang all clothes inside, dangerous to hang clothes outside using the wooden pole. Esp nowadays new flats all built so high floor.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1