Greater Southern Waterfront discussion

therock

Supercharged
22 minutes ago, therock said:

image.thumb.png.ee2da5007a5da9fb83fc6d27a5a4b048.png

Great seaviews... 

Looks like Reflections at Keppel Bay may be surrounded by HDB in the future. Not very good news for private condo owners.  😁

24 minutes ago, Didu said:

Looks like Reflections at Keppel Bay may be surrounded by HDB in the future. Not very good news for private condo owners.  😁

Same goes to TB Hill residents...sea view becums see no view 😅 

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

Same goes to TB Hill residents...sea view becums see no view 😅 

There's a whole row of condos on the Telok Blangah side of West Coast highway that will lose it's view... 

The good news will be that amenities in that area will also increase.

As for Reflections... it will be subject to a few years of dust, noise and congestion... ouch 

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, therock said:

There's a whole row of condos on the Telok Blangah side of West Coast highway that will lose it's view... 

As for Reflections... it will be subject to a few years of dust, noise and congestion... ouch 

Regular users to that stretch of road below the viaduct...good luck 😁

What's the construction opposite MBC? 🤔

MBC?

West Coast Highway is pretty wide 

however there will be quite a few trucks moving about so drivers should be cautious 

I hope to be able to see how the coast will look like when the ports shift to tuas 

exciting times ahead 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, therock said:

This area is set to take off..

Those Keppel flats will be compared to Reflections and other condos nearby... heady times... a place to retire even... once the ports shift to Tuas, these flats will be like the Marine Parade flats of the west...

The existing Telok Blangah HDB flats nearby price also very ex.

Supercharged

With 6,000 new HDB flats on the Keppel Club site, that comes up to a cool $4.2bil 😎  Ka ching ka ching...HUAT AH!!!

4-room BTO flats at Keppel Club site could cost more than S$700,000, high demand expected: Analysts

Buyers who are interested in the new Housing and Development Board (HDB) flats built on the Keppel Club golf course site could pay more than S$700,000 for a four-room Build-to-Order flat, property analysts said. The development will likely see high demand, and some flats may come under the Prime Location Public Housing (PLH) model, they said. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/keppel-club-bto-hdb-plh-model-how-much-property-analysts-2623251

49 minutes ago, Didu said:

With 6,000 new HDB flats on the Keppel Club site, that comes up to a cool $4.2bil 😎  Ka ching ka ching...HUAT AH!!!

4-room BTO flats at Keppel Club site could cost more than S$700,000, high demand expected: Analysts

Buyers who are interested in the new Housing and Development Board (HDB) flats built on the Keppel Club golf course site could pay more than S$700,000 for a four-room Build-to-Order flat, property analysts said. The development will likely see high demand, and some flats may come under the Prime Location Public Housing (PLH) model, they said. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/keppel-club-bto-hdb-plh-model-how-much-property-analysts-2623251

Brand new bto also need to pay $700k? 😲 No wonder resale hdb need to sell for millions?! Lol.

• Haha! 1

18 hours ago, therock said:

Correction - many years of dust, noise and congestion.

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Brand new bto also need to pay $700k? 😲 No wonder resale hdb need to sell for millions?! Lol.

The market value of the land is NOT CHEAP hor.

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/4-room-flat-in-greater-southern-waterfront-may-cost-over-700k-5-room-units-unlikely-analysts

Plenty of takers...

I mean, I would consider too, given it's proximity to Vivo, MRT, amenities.. 

Research assistant Amanda Tan, 25, said she was excited to apply for a BTO at GSW after two failed applications in Hougang last year.

"I like that it's at the waterfront - it would be great to wake up to that view. But I'm worried about the cost of the flat," she said.

Her current budget is around $500,000, but she said she is willing to stretch it to around $600,000 for a four- or five-room unit.

"If it's worth it, why not? But I wouldn't want to live on a low floor. So I'll have to see what I can afford when the time comes," she added.

Business development representative Asher Chua, 27, said the prime location was worth the conditions of the PLH model. He applied for a four-room unit at King George's Heights in February, but did not get a queue number.

He said: "I'll apply for a BTO (flat) in good locations even if it's more expensive. I don't intend to profit from selling it, and I don't mind staying there for 10 or 20 years."

• Praise 1

Supercharged
26 minutes ago, therock said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/4-room-flat-in-greater-southern-waterfront-may-cost-over-700k-5-room-units-unlikely-analysts

Plenty of takers...

I mean, I would consider too, given it's proximity to Vivo, MRT, amenities.. 

I would apply too if given a chance. But would choose higher floors in case:

• sea level rise
  • Tsunami   

[laugh]

Edited by Didu

Twincharged
23 hours ago, therock said:

MBC?

however there will be quite a few trucks moving about so drivers should be cautious 

I hope to be able to see how the coast will look like when the ports shift to tuas 

exciting times ahead 

The junction in front of vivocity will jam till kingdom come! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

The junction in front of vivocity will jam till kingdom come! 

There's an exit off the flyover near the Alex road, that will be where the jam may be... it will be past Vivo..

Reflections will be covered in dust, anyone here going to lowball them I wonder...

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, therock said:

There's an exit off the flyover near the Alex road, that will be where the jam may be... it will be past Vivo..

Reflections will be covered in dust, anyone here going to lowball them I wonder...

Reflections prices have bombed from the start. Not sure if recovered to developer prices now. 
Seems like a case of looks good from far, but far from good. 🤣

On 4/12/2022 at 8:57 PM, therock said:

MBC?

exciting times ahead 

This is a 20-30 yrs project. A long project

↡ Advertisement