Greater Southern Waterfront discussion

therock

Just now, Thaiyotakamli said:

Thats why they built the sentosa tunnel

Tunnel only good for going East or City.

Go West still die

↡ Advertisement

Just now, inlinesix said:

Tunnel only good for going East or City.

Go West still die

Hope they make good use of the west coast highway and add more entrance and exit so the telok blangah road below it so it wont be congested

Add on with pulau brani converted to ntuc themepark, we can see that junction will be super big and busy

and its impossible to add on more road infrastructure as they mentioned during building of sentosa tunnel that its very difficult as underground already have 2 line of mrt, flyover etc

Twincharged
4 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Thats why they built the sentosa tunnel

Was worse before tunnel. But even after the tunnel was built and operational, you still get jams on weekends. With 9000 households in the area, gonna be another big cock up cause LTA have not a clue what to do. Maybe tell you, you can choose not to drive at that hour or best, just install ERP2 “gantry”. 

1 minute ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Hope they make good use of the west coast highway and add more entrance and exit so the telok blangah road below it so it wont be congested

Add on with pulau brani converted to ntuc themepark, we can see that junction will be super big and busy

and its impossible to add on more road infrastructure as they mentioned during building of sentosa tunnel that its very difficult as underground already have 2 line of mrt, flyover etc

Unlikely to add more viaduct for West Coast Highway.

No space la

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

Was worse before tunnel. But even after the tunnel was built and operational, you still get jams on weekends. With 9000 households in the area, gonna be another big cock up cause LTA have not a clue what to do. Maybe tell you, you can choose not to drive at that hour or best, just install ERP2 “gantry”. 

Car Lite.

Just now, Mkl22 said:

West coast highway flyover often empty. So if they can direct pulau brani entrance and exit to west coast highway, the traffic will be much better down below it

11 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Find most of the road here is impossible to add more road infrastructure, improve road design and widen road to cope with the traffic. This is why most of the road here always got heavy traffic and jam. Dont know it is due to poor planning initially? Then after that when they want to build more housing and building in the area, the road capacity cannot cope?! 

• Praise 1

Few years ago i suggested to LTA to use the pulau brani exit from west coast highway to be open to public and maybe public can do U turn at the red circle in the map to go vivo and other telok blangah. Its crazy to design west coast highway with no exit or U turn until tanjong pagar road 

so if one want to go vivocity or sentosa from the west has to go down to telok blangah road go through many traffic light or made long u turn at tanjong pagar

the pulau brani exit always empty. Dunno why they still don’t want open to public. 

when the port gone, hopefully they will make new access road to reduce the congestion. So people go to sentosa can go through the red line instead of joining same crowd to vivocity

3301F2E1-F3AE-41CE-ABA7-CC83583333B7.jpeg

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Find most of the road here is impossible to add more road infrastructure, improve road design and widen road to cope with the traffic. This is why most of the road here always got heavy traffic and jam. Dont know it is due to poor planning initially? Then after that when they want to build more housing and building in the area, the road capacity cannot cope?! 

1 of the worst design is CTE merged into PIE.

1km down the road, there is an exit.

During morning peak hours, commercial vehicles and lousy drivers slow down traffic from Kim Keat all the way till Kallang Exit.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Few years ago i suggested to LTA to use the pulau brani exit from west coast highway to be open to public and maybe public can do U turn at the red circle in the map to go vivo and other telok blangah. Its crazy to design west coast highway with no exit or U turn until tanjong pagar road 

so if one want to go vivocity or sentosa from the west has to go down to telok blangah road go through many traffic light or made long u turn at tanjong pagar

the pulau brani exit always empty. Dunno why they still don’t want open to public. 

when the port gone, hopefully they will make new access road to reduce the congestion. So people go to sentosa can go through the red line instead of joining same crowd to vivocity

Port is restricted access la.

Suggest also no use.

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Port is restricted access la.

Suggest also no use.

Yah i know. 

so when i hear they moving out the port, i so glad. That pulau brani exit literally not much use also as most of times i see very little truck use that exit.  

7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

During morning peak hours, commercial vehicles and lousy drivers slow down traffic from Kim Keat all the way till Kallang Exit.

Nth beat the exit at clementi road in pie lol

Telok Blangah MRT station might become a lot busier in a decade... 

Who knows if they will add a bus terminal there.

The West Coast Highway has many buses that lead to the CBD..

3 minutes ago, therock said:

Telok Blangah MRT station might become a lot busier in a decade... 

Who knows if they will add a bus terminal there.

The West Coast Highway has many buses that lead to the CBD..

They can build one bus terminal in labrador park. So much space there and also has some office area ard mapletree and arc

9 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah i know. 

so when i hear they moving out the port, i so glad. That pulau brani exit literally not much use also as most of times i see very little truck use that exit.  

When trucks are bz, you might be zzzzzzz

10 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Thought the viaduct which runs along Upper Serangoon Rd above NEX also have no exit or U turn until near kovan?

10 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Many worst road design in sg lo, which created jam and heavy traffic. So driving on the road now really make my blood boiled.

Twincharged
10 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

when the port is gone... more homes and offices will be there. they need someone to take the MRT from the circle line extension...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1