Greater Southern Waterfront discussion

therock

Actually 80+% of private property bought by Singaporeans still.

So many of us started our lives from HDB that I have lost count.

My thinking is your guess is largely not representative of the experience of the populace.

Super atas property like bungalows in the sky and GCB sites maybe true to an extent but not for most of the case. 

And for those cases where foreigners bear such a huge % of the tax burden for us, why not? We will continue with our low(er) tax situation and be fully dependent on the retirement packages and goodies prepared for us. Still a comfortable life no matter what.

i dunno what your point is 

but i guess we are back to a half history lesson and blind faith

[wave]  :D 

↡ Advertisement

here say radx go bank 

the counter girl need 45mins to count his withdrawal ... lol

Huat ar! Even someone who own a 2rm HDB flat considered multi-millionaire liao

But maybe by then, rich is someone able to full cash $10B onwards. But hor, our MCF sifu is already there today

Huat ar! Even someone who own a 2rm HDB flat considered multi-millionaire liao

But maybe by then, rich is someone able to full cash $10B onwards. But hor, our MCF sifu is already there today

Yes yes. Everyone will be a millionaire!

woohoo.

Twincharged

The property around these developments will have positive and negative effects..

IMO the FH and especially the landed enclaves in the area stand to benefit..

If you are into F&B, there are thousands of new customers

Vivocity stands to gain too. I’m sure there will be new malls in the region too..

thats what everyone said when vivocity was built. the surrounding condos didnt really see their prices appreciate beyond what the general market prices that went up.

in the end, only GCBs are sure win. prices keep going up and up. the rich get richer.

1989 fresh grad pay 2k

2019 fresh grad pay 4k

if economic growth is similar to last 30years, 2049 fresh grad pay can hit 20k???

[rolleyes]  :D

cant wait to enjoy a $20 chicken rice at the hawkers then.....

By that time fresh graduate earning 5 digit liao lol

6.9 la

6.9m no need to dig so many MRT lines lor.

Edited by Mkl22

If everyone is a millionaire, then that million won't be worth that much...

But IMO, there is upside to be had, but not everyone will benefit, one must have the vision and audacity..

I'm no agent, so I'm not trying to talk up the market, but there is positive gain here..

i dunno what your point is

but i guess we are back to a half history lesson and blind faith

[wave]:D

The point is that everyone can be happy where they are.

People are happy to live in their choices, whether HDB, condo or landed.

Those who invest gain according to the risk they undertake.

For ultra atas, they pay much more in taxes (undertake much more risks) and they gain much more. But not everyone can afford to invest the way they do.

Fair to everyone.

• Praise 3

The point is that everyone can be happy where they are.

People are happy to live in their choices, whether HDB, condo or landed.

Those who invest gain according to the risk they undertake.

For ultra atas, they pay much more in taxes (undertake much more risks) and they gain much more. But not everyone can afford to invest the way they do.

Fair to everyone.

i was talking about historical appreciation and forecasting and you talking about happiness?

ok never min....you win

[dizzy]  :a-confused: 

Anyone think that this GSW might be a ghost city?

With 2x punggol size, priced over $3000psf, who will be the takers? Added with ABSD it will be quite hard to sell, even interlace and reflections not fully soldafter completedforyears

• Praise 1

bro, no worry ... sure got takers la

just have to justify 6.9M [sly]

since we got hkee beh song ... brexit .... italeave ... byegium .... etc .... richie rich all want to come spore ... huat ah!

With 2x punggol size, priced over $3000psf, who will be the takers? Added with ABSD it will be quite hard to sell, even interlace and reflections not fully soldafter completedforyears

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Call me optimistic.. 

The way we are lapping up 2000 psf flats elsewhere is making me optimistic about this place.

Either from greed or sheer kiasuism, Singaporeans are still queuing up and buying property at the current sky high prices as if the prices will always rise.

And this is the place where there is potential upside. 

I don't think it will be 3000 psf, otherwise the government will be called to task. Some high end unit might be very expensive but the HDB units have to be priced under 1000 psf, or have 30-50 year leases..

Interlace? Nice design but when you look at it in detail, it's not well connected, and it's quite pricey now, with the same money you can buy something else with a MRT nearby for example..

Historically, 2-3% annual appreciation has been the story and is the obvious current continual long term target. Inflation continues at around that rate as well, assuming MAS does not suddenly adjust to zero appreciation policy.

Every batch of graduate also attains a higher point of starting salary.

There is a range for everyone and a different appreciation pathway for all.

In any case, in 2049, we can expect graduates to earn starting salary at between 6K to 7K.

i was talking about historical appreciation and forecasting and you talking about happiness?

ok never min....you win

[dizzy]  :a-confused:

• Praise 1

bro, no worry ... sure got takers la

just have to justify 6.9M [sly]

since we got hkee beh song ... brexit .... italeave ... byegium .... etc .... richie rich all want to come spore ... huat ah!

So that keppel golf course that house 9000 public and private units will be home for half singaporean(hdb) and hongkie (condo)

They will sell site by site over decades. Every square inch will be coveted.

But the climate defence needs to go hand in hand as well.

• Praise 1

sure plot by plot ... project by project

in order to maintain the price next to each other

there is only 1 way to go!!! proven again and again

3000psf

3200psf

3500psf

4000psf

those bought 3000psf will shout SIBEI FKING CHEAP AR!!! [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

Whether it happens that way, it's still a few decades away and is irrelevant to most of us.

What's more important is what we do from today up to that day, that's more relevant and important.

sure plot by plot ... project by project
in order to maintain the price next to each other
there is only 1 way to go!!! proven again and again
3000psf
3200psf
3500psf
4000psf

those bought 3000psf will shout SIBEI FKING CHEAP AR!!! [laugh]

• Praise 1

Actually the effect will slowly but steadily come. Sure some of us will be old by then.

But now is the time to invest, or look at it. 

I told a charitable group I work with, if the volunteers took cabs together home and gave the excess money back (they gave us the fare), it's money to hire more people or money to give back to the people. 

A little goes a long way when you add it all up..

• Praise 1

Is this reclaimed land?

A group of my friends were talking about climate change being discussed by PM... as one guy is in the field...

And that's real concerns that with climate change, ice will melt an sea level will rise. Even a maybe 2 m rise in sea level, will mean a lot of problem for SG... esp. the areas by the.... water [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Publicly, we are late in realisation of rising seawater especially we are an island without much high ground.

↡ Advertisement