Jump to content

Greater Southern Waterfront discussion


Recommended Posts

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/public-housing-greater-southern-waterfront-affordable-grants-14373902?cid=FBcna&fbclid=IwAR3nhVGcdjOjqy22Bw68Z4ikbza9kFKilSvV_97MYgPCMogbcKx1gbj49dw

 

Actually I'm ok if the entire area is sold to high end condo developments. But charge lots for it, and use the profit to offer low cost housing elsewhere instead. Solves the equity / lottery effect and we get funds to build good homes at low prices at the right sites..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, therock said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/public-housing-greater-southern-waterfront-affordable-grants-14373902?cid=FBcna&fbclid=IwAR3nhVGcdjOjqy22Bw68Z4ikbza9kFKilSvV_97MYgPCMogbcKx1gbj49dw

 

Actually I'm ok if the entire area is sold to high end condo developments. But charge lots for it, and use the profit to offer low cost housing elsewhere instead. Solves the equity / lottery effect and we get funds to build good homes at low prices at the right sites..

All property types in SG are linked. Overcharging for one area will positively impact prices in all other areas, especially for similar types of properties.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/most-singaporeans-want-more-subsidies-stricter-criteria-for-bto-flats-in-prime

Quote

INGAPORE - The majority of Singaporeans who shared their views on public housing in prime locations support the giving of additional subsidies to keep these flats affordable and the imposing of strict criteria for first-time buyers and subsequent resale buyers.

Quote

Some suggestions that were discussed in Sunday's session include a longer minimum occupation period than the existing five years and a tiered system for the Government to recover the additional subsidies when the flats are sold.

Another suggestion is to introduce eligibility criteria for resale buyers to ensure these flats remain accessible to a wide spectrum of Singaporeans, even on the resale market, and to encourage owner-occupation instead of for profit through rental or resale.

 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No decision yet on proposed Mount Faber rail system

Quote

SINGAPORE - Two years after plans for a new rail system for Mount Faber were announced, no decision has been made on whether to proceed with its construction.

A funicular system - two cars attached to each other by a cable - at Mount Faber was among the highlights for the Greater Southern Waterfront included in the Urban Redevelopment Authority's (URA) master plan in 2019.

The agency said then that One Faber Group - the corporate brand of attractions operator Mount Faber Leisure Group - was studying the new system to "bring visitors from the foothills to the hilltop and cable car station by 2023". "This provides easy access to Mount Faber and the rest of the 10km-long Southern Ridges," said URA.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/no-decision-yet-on-proposed-mount-faber-rail-system

is this really needed ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2021 at 6:07 PM, Karoon said:

This is good. Lots of history and.... ermm... creepiness too (used to live in condo there near hill which saw loads of gory ww2 action)

No surprised if your condo was on Pepys Road, Pepys hill side. I always wondered if the multi-million dollar The Peak condo at the top of Pepys has ..... ahem ahem ..... unseen guests. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
58 minutes ago, serenade said:

No surprised if your condo was on Pepys Road, Pepys hill side. I always wondered if the multi-million dollar The Peak condo at the top of Pepys has ..... ahem ahem ..... unseen guests. 

Lol... Got... 2 maids asked for transfer, kept seeing 'presence' 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Lol... Got... 2 maids asked for transfer, kept seeing 'presence' 

Must talk to "them" and advise them to go to the Poh Ern Shih temple at Chwee Chian Road. 

This temple was specifically founded and located there in 1954 at the foothills so that the wandering spirits of all those who lost lives in the Battle of Pasir Panjang/Opium Hill can find an undisturbed home. Regardless of race or religion, the temple will accept them. The first abbot of the temple was a white American.

I visited the temple. It is now a modern eco-friendly temple with scenic views of the sea from elevated grounds. A peaceful place that welcomes all religions. Living or dead.  

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
37 minutes ago, Didu said:

Wah....only a couple of bus stops away from VivoCity  [thumbsup]

If Govt would build a jogging track along the waterfront....lagi Good [thumbsup][thumbsup]

map-of-labrador-nature-park-network-cred

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/hdb-flats-keppel-club-site-first-bto-launch-three-years-2621536

Currently there is already a track from Labrador side to near harbourfront.

Never try though but see many evening joggers around that vicinity. 

 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

This area is set to take off..

Those Keppel flats will be compared to Reflections and other condos nearby... heady times... a place to retire even... once the ports shift to Tuas, these flats will be like the Marine Parade flats of the west...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
53 minutes ago, Didu said:

Wah....only a couple of bus stops away from VivoCity  [thumbsup]

If Govt would build a jogging track along the waterfront....lagi Good [thumbsup][thumbsup]

map-of-labrador-nature-park-network-cred

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/hdb-flats-keppel-club-site-first-bto-launch-three-years-2621536

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/new-labrador-nature-park-network-trails-connectors-2621571 coming up.... trails too..

image.png.b9c94e1ca5de803bfae3fa22c121f779.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...