The power of "makeup"

SGMCF328

The Change E (a frictional Chinese character commonly associating with Mid-autumn festival) statue at Chinatown was slammed by netizens for being too manish, with some even questioning if she is a transgender.

vXft4gn.jpg

changer.jpg

But after a night of touch up, it look quite different as of this morning...

68707494_2731489816875897_31479702649862

68675521_2731489793542566_59153726175644

Edited by SGMCF328
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

base on the photos from different angle, actually the side view was ok, only looking from the front looks weird.

Not easy to make these paper/cloth lantern where the wiring may distort the figure, anyway this is not the first time for such complaint on lantern in chinatown.

Very soon, she can taste many countries food ..... :we-all-gonna-die:

Nasi Biryani & roti prata  from India, Shushi from Japan, Roasted meat from China and Western food from USA cos this countries are going back to the moon ..    :ninja:

:grin:

• Praise 1

Why the bicentennial stamp feature a space craft leaving a "deathstar"?

post-18163-0-34005500-1566441815_thumb.jpg

If you can read Chinese the newspaper mentioned ppl are befuddled by the picture on the bicentennial stamp. What does it mean?

Chang'er can do a facelift, tummy tuck and breast enhancement if that's what ppl wants.

Edited by Watwheels

(edited)

it's the hair and brows

Yah, and the lip too.

chang-er need to hv big neh neh pok

Wah, I didn't notice this one until seeing your post. So now after zhng is C or D cup? :D :D

Why the bicentennial stamp feature a space craft leaving a "deathstar"?

attachicon.gifStamp1.jpg

If you can read Chinese the newspaper mentioned ppl are befuddled by the picture on the bicentennial stamp. What does it mean?

Chang'er can do a facelift, tummy tuck and breast enhancement if that's what ppl wants.

Government run road? :D

Or sea level raise till it flooded the whole Singapore and we have to relocate to space? [confused]

Maybe some of the sub-contractors got the brief wrong - Client asked for Chang'er, but end up Contractor got it as Cheng He. 

Maybe fixed the wrong face, which is suppose to be for Hou Yi?

Apparently they did some touchup overnight?

I heard this on radio.

You listen to UFM1003 too? The bunch of funny DJs. I got the photos from their facebook btw.

post-307031-0-70488700-1566451662_thumb.jpg

post-307031-0-40880800-1566451669_thumb.jpg

Edited by SGMCF328
  • Praise 7

You listen to UFM1003 too? The bunch of funny DJs. I got the photos from their facebook btw.

Yup i listened to english morning radio for 20+ years in the car, but found the 100.3 morning deejays too damn funny especially wen hong.

I frequently burst out laughing while I'm listening to their tcss. Really feel more like friends talking rather than professionals. Mo qi shi zu

I've listened to like 93.3, 88.3 in the past. But never morning radio.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

I've switched from LOVE to 100.3 for many years liao. No regrets. They are so interesting and lively. unlike those aunties...so bo liao!

Gurmit had gone to 90.5, may try his morning show!

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

After the plastic surgery, look more chio. Now why no one comment about the head of the rabbit, looking like mice? :D

Chang'e lantern in Chinatown gets 'plastic surgery' after complaints

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/change-lantern-chinatown-gets-plastic-surgery-after-complaints

chinatownchange_sph.jpg

Is that Chang'e or Houyi?

Passersby have looked up in puzzlement at the lantern of a mythical figure that has taken centrestage in Chinatown for the upcoming Mid-Autumn Festival.

Just when we thought it had become another case of lantern display design gone wrong, she appeared to have had 'plastic surgery' overnight.

Now, Chang'e sports a more feminine face with gently arched brows, almond-shaped eyes and rounded cheeks.

It turned out, event organiser Chinatown Festivals took notice of the online comments and proceeded to enhance the aesthetics of the lantern.

• Praise 5