Trigger Finger suspected

Jusnel

I can clench my fist, but with pain. so it's like in the morning, when i wake up, it will v painful when i try to clench. but still can clench. then as the day goes by, i can clench better and better, but still with some pain.

the challenge in the morning is i can't hold the toothbrush to brush teeth coz its my master hand's last finger that has this problem.

Thanks for the Chin Swee road recommendation.

Can clench ok

If cannot then jialat

Go TCM to speed up the recovery

↡ Advertisement

Is this the same as index and middle pain when I click the mouse?

Had this for years, bought those spring grip for exercising the fingers. It did elevate the pain. Now is just doing pull up and less use of the mouse. Use touch pad instead. Now am almost pain free.

I had trigger finger on my middle finger, went to visit an orthopaedic. Had a very painful steroids injection which fixed the problem for the next 6months. It came back again and doc recommended physiotherapy. Did it for about 5-6 sessions, improve abit but didn't really work.

Eventually did surgery after I insisted. The inflammation was so bad the doc said it was the right decision to do the surgery. Usually people have a nodule on the tendon, but my entire tendon was covered with pink inflamed tissue.

My case was quite bad as I couldnt even clench my finger. I have to learn how to write and use chopsticks with my left hand.

How long did the recovery take after surgery? Now completely cured?

How long did the recovery take after surgery? Now completely cured?

Took about 4-6 weeks. Have to do physio diligently. It will never be completely cured as the purpose of the surgery is not the removal of the inflamed tissues though the doc did his best to remove as much as possible. The point of the surgery is the release of the sheath that is an obstruction to the swelling tendon. My tendon is still swollen, but I can grip just fine. But have to watch out if doing exercise that use alot of grip. Best to ice and put ketoprofen patch after what ever activities that have to use alot of grip. Edited by GLZT
  • Praise 1

Took about 4-6 weeks. Have to do physio diligently. It will never be completely cured as the purpose of the surgery is not the removal of the inflamed tissues though the doc did his best to remove as much as possible. The point of the surgery is the release of the sheath that is an obstruction to the swelling tendon. My tendon is still swollen, but I can grip just fine. But have to watch out if doing exercise that use alot of grip. Best to ice and put ketoprofen patch after what ever activities that have to use alot of grip.

Didn’t the doc advise to try second jab after 6 months from the first before the surgery option? I was told that’s the usual routine before the surgery only as last resort...as they won’t do three injection treatment.

last time trigger fingers was due to heavy manual working that requires hand, today trigger fingers mostly come from keyboard, mouse and handphone, stop using those 3 things for a month confirm will heal [laugh]

Didnât the doc advise to try second jab after 6 months from the first before the surgery option? I was told thatâs the usual routine before the surgery only as last resort...as they wonât do three injection treatment.

I insisted on the surgery, because I did alot of research and I know my symptoms was worst than many others. I was suffering quite badly during the physio and also Tui Na sessions. Tui na sinseh say I must keep trying to clench my fist, say its good for me. At times I try so hard I swear my tendon feels like it was going to snap. Can take me 15min just to make a fist, I can feel the tendon squeezing through the sheath which cause excruciating pain.

I tried so hard that my middle finger was swelling from all the inflammation. Anyway, I would suggest going to physiotherapy for mild cases. The exercises you learn there can be very beneficial, because if you get trigger finger once, you probably got very high chance to get trigger finger on other fingers in future. Private physio quite ex though, each session about $120.

• Praise 1

The last I went I cant remember the name of the clinic. It's just level one of the redstar restaurant. The address I Googled is 54 Chin Swee Road. All glass panel clinic. The physician worked on my son's elbow. From cannot move and bend to no more pain. Quite amazing cos he worked on the other hand instead of the injured elbow. I even reminded him it's the other elbow. But he asked me to be patient. Amazingly what he did works. Me: Dumbfounded.

Cannot miss. The place has all sorts of TCM clinic. His clinic is all glass wan.

What happened to your son's elbow?

Turbocharged

Over the last few months,  I have been holding my big handphone for too long and I am experiencing numbness  from last finger to elbow.

It is getting more persistent over the days.  The numbness gets more severe.

Will I end up getting a stroke or will I be losing mobility if the condition gets worse?

Please help me, I still want to play my guitar. 

Edited by Albeniz

There is a very good knife guy from India at NUH.

Guaranteed by Datsun366.

if it can’t be fixed by him, have to go Shamballa liaole.

9 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Over the last few months,  I have been holding my big handphone for too long and I am experiencing numbness  from last finger to elbow.

It is getting more persistent over the days.  The numbness gets more severe.

Will I end up getting a stroke or will I be losing mobility if the condition gets worse?

Please help me, I still want to play my guitar. 

U either have a C8/T1 problem at your neck or more likely this based on your description of your activities. 

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/ulnar-nerve-entrapment-at-the-elbow-cubital-tunnel-syndrome

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Datsun366 said:

There is a very good knife guy from India at NUH.

Guaranteed by Datsun366.

if it can’t be fixed by him, have to go Shamballa liaole.

Not blk 9?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1