2019/2020 MCF Revamp - Feedback/Errors

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

💟

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

pew pew pew 

Lol but honestly still not feeling this new look and feel. And still very glitchy. Well, let's see what happens by another week.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

:a-fun::a-no::a-shoot:

Just messing around with the emojis. 

seem like no limit, I just tried, hooted 20...:XD::yuush:

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Lol but honestly still not feeling this new look and feel. And still very glitchy. Well, let's see what happens by another week.

Look/feel is subjective. I just like the easier to upload stuff part. especially on mobile [nod]
Uploading pics, mobile youtube links was a real drag, or cant work properly half the time.

Praising someone also need to go another page, just to find out that u praised the fella <10 posts ago zzzz

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

Some of you have asked about the PREVIEW function. If you haven't manage to use it, it's actually right here. You can preview desktop, tablet or phone. We'll see if we can change it to something more obvious.

preview.jpg.e65b45030d96fff4262205700381bf26.jpg

preview2.jpg.65b30af62779779466220cff7eb4a51c.jpg

@mersaylee @VteckiCk

Preview used to be right beside the submit button, if you want it easy, that will be the place to be. 

Not that it will make any different to me, now that I know where that little fellow is..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Preview used to be right beside the submit button, if you want it easy, that will be the place to be. 

Not that it will make any different to me, now that I know where that little fellow is..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Maybe for those like Carbon82 or AdrianLi who start topics with a very long 1st post will find it more useful. I've never used that button before too.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Maybe for those like Carbon82 or AdrianLi who start topics with a very long 1st post will find it more useful. I've never used that button before too.

yah, I also hardly use the preview button,  just edit if I find anything I want to change later..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, therock said:

Can you show how we can access the latest unread post of each thread? 

I will see if I can find it later when I got some time. Need to play ard with it first...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Go to any thread and add ?do=getNewComment to the end of the URL for unread posts 😅 Make do with it until admin add the function back

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, therock said:

I think I might have found what you wanted.

go to "Forum" on the very top of the page, the one that the box will turn red when you leave your cursor there. 

Click on "forum",  then below the search bar ( "search for"),  there is a "New posts since last visit". 

Click on the "New posts since last visit",  and a list of topics with new discussion since your last visit will appear. 

Click on the bold topic title, and it will bring you to where you last left that topic. 

There are also some setting buttons on the top of the page where you can set according to your preference. 

Is this what you are asking for? ^_^[laugh][laugh]

This is on desktop.

For mobile, go to the menu button on the left below the blue buttons, the one with 3 horizontal bars.

Click on the menu button, an blue  information box will appear, look for " New posts since last visit", last 2nd light blue bar.

Click on "New posts  since last visit", and follow the same thing as the desktop version.

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 5

3 hours ago, therock said:

There is another way, but limited to most active threads for past 3 days only and up to 5 days for car and non car related topics.

Go to "Home" button on the top left corner.

Click on "Home" and scroll down, you will see a blue bar with the words "MOST ACTIVE DISCUSSION (LAST 3 DAYS)" , to the far right there is a "view more".

Click on "view more", and a whole list will appear. 

To the far right of every topic, there is a double right arrow (>>), except for topics that are too long. 

Click on the double right arrow(>>), and it will bring you to the post you last left on that topic. 

The same can be done on car and non car related topics further down.

However, this method cannot work with topics that has long titles. At least for me, and for now. 

Hope this helps. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 5

21 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

There is another way, but limited to most active threads for past 3 days only and up to 5 days for car and non car related topics.

Go to "Home" button on the top left corner.

Click on "Home" and scroll down, you will see a blue bar with the words "MOST ACTIVE DISCUSSION (LAST 3 DAYS)" , to the far right there is a "view more".

Click on "view more", and a whole list will appear. 

To the far right of every topic, there is a double right arrow (>>), except for topics that are too long. 

Click on the double right arrow(>>), and it will bring you to the post you last left on that topic. 

The same can be done on car and non car related topics further down.

However, this method cannot work with topics that has long titles. At least for me, and for now. 

Hope this helps. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Wah sei....tink definitely need to use my skillsfuture credit to take course on how to navigate the new MCF liao

• Praise 3

Despite what @RadX said about people disliking change but eventually getting used to it, the 50% downtime I am encountering is quite a turn-off; the user interface takes some getting used to but the downtime both extends and intensifies the frustration. 

Gonna take a break for a while, maybe I’ll come back and maybe I won’t...

• Praise 2

51 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Despite what @RadX said about people disliking change but eventually getting used to it, the 50% downtime I am encountering is quite a turn-off; the user interface takes some getting used to but the downtime both extends and intensifies the frustration. 

I hear you. It's very, very irritating to keep getting that stupid 503 message. 

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I think I might have found what you wanted.

go to "Forum" on the very top of the page, the one that the box will turn red when you leave your cursor there. 

Click on "forum",  then below the search bar ( "search for"),  there is a "New posts since last visit". 

Click on the "New posts since last visit",  and a list of topics with new discussion since your last visit will appear. 

Click on the bold topic title, and it will bring you to where you last left that topic. 

There are also some setting buttons on the top of the page where you can set according to your preference. 

Is this what you are asking for? ^_^[laugh][laugh]

This is on desktop.

For mobile, go to the menu button on the left below the blue buttons, the one with 3 horizontal bars.

Click on the menu button, an blue  information box will appear, look for " New posts since last visit", last 2nd light blue bar.

Click on "New posts  since last visit", and follow the same thing as the desktop version.

I’ve been doing that for the longest time and that’s how I see the latest posts

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I hear you. It's very, very irritating to keep getting that stupid 503 message. 

Yes that 503.... server unstable lo

1 hour ago, Macrosszero said:

Actually it's significantly better today. usually the refresh works. It was really quite annoying for mon-tues.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Wah sei....tink definitely need to use my skillsfuture credit to take course on how to navigate the new MCF liao

KNN, you mean you have not register? <_<

What you waiting for?  I just did it this morning first session at 5am.

If you bring PG card, got mystery gift some more, hurry hurry go!!! [:p][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement