2019/2020 MCF Revamp - Feedback/Errors

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

💟

Just now, Beanoyip said:

For FB video, you need to right click on the video, retrieve the video link and paste it in here, same as Youtube

Ha i was using my HP. So i dunno how to do on mobile FB.

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, Nutty said:

Does the search function ignore certain keywords?

E.g. OK to search using "Tyres"

But when I search with "Michelin" or "Bridgestone", no results returned.

Search is definitely bit broken right now. Not fixed yet. Ha I'm surprised u even got a positive search result so far. Every time i've tried, i've found nothing.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Search is definitely bit broken right now. Not fixed yet. Ha I'm surprised u even got a positive search result so far. Every time i've tried, i've found nothing.

I am not even getting too active in other threads, or searching the forum for now.  Likely let it settle over the weekend, and I am assuming next week things sld be at least 80% functional. 

I think is when one eagerly wanting to post, and face with downtime and unfamiliar ground , thats what creates the sour feeling. Its like KNN, change simi LJ lah, change until limbey want to post also cannot. And then the heart takes over the head, and everything seem so wrong...[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 5

On 8/27/2019 at 9:18 AM, Vinceng said:

@BabyBlade

As the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

We are so used to the old MCF that I could surf with both eyes closed. Now, it's like learning to walk again. 😭

Is there any reason for this revamp?

*Just like the onemotoring website, not so user friendly after the frequent revamps.

I would wish not to do the revamp, the revamp is really adding much more workload to the team here. However the upgrade is really necessary to make sure the system security is compliant. The old forum board may look okay in front end, but at the backend, it really cant make it anymore. We need to ensure your data is safe.

First of all, thanks for all the effort to improve mycarforum.com I am still trying my best to get use to the new layout and setting.

I have one question for the MCF team. Both yesterday and today, I encountered problem with praising members. After praising say 30 or 40 posts by various members (all in the same thread), I will get this error message. May I know if there is a limit to the number of praise I can give per day, something like max 70 points I have under the old system?

Thank you.☺️

Screenshots F.png

Edited by SGMCF328
  • Praise 5

2 minutes ago, SGMCF328 said:

First of all, thanks for all the effort to improve mycarforum.com I am still trying my best to get use to the new layout and setting. I have one question.

Both yesterday and today, I encountered problem with praising members. After praising say 30 or 40 posts by various members (all in the same thread), I will get this error message. May I know if there is a limit to the number of praise I can give per day, something like max 70 points I have under the old system?

Thank you.☺️

Screenshots F.png

Hi, yes, there's a power limit for different rank, we will put up an announcement for the full feature. please bear with us a while. 

I hope that the website planners try the new format on their cellphones or get mods to really give their feedback and truly listen..

eg those quick access buttons at the bottom of the page are really useful especially on a small hand phone screen

Edited by therock

12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Must enable "Full Content" search. But yeah... since it's not working well, shall slowly read thru tyre threads.

capture.jpg

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, SGMCF328 said:

First of all, thanks for all the effort to improve mycarforum.com I am still trying my best to get use to the new layout and setting.

I have one question for the MCF team. Both yesterday and today, I encountered problem with praising members. After praising say 30 or 40 posts by various members (all in the same thread), I will get this error message. May I know if there is a limit to the number of praise I can give per day, something like max 70 points I have under the old system?

Thank you.☺️

So far i took this response as the website is lagging. usually i re click and it works. I haven't reached a limit yet. But given yesterday's website reliability, i definitely didn't praise so many posts.

• Praise 2

Guys, be patient.

My understand from @Carbon82 when we have lunch together this afternoon.

The revamp is not completed yet and is still ongoing. Please give the Admin and Tech support team more time to get MCF back to normal operation.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 9

8 minutes ago, therock said:

I hope that the website planners try the new format on their cellphones or get mods to really give their feedback and truly listen..

So what other issues are you facing now with the cellphones format? Mayb you can share here and see if anyone can help sort it out? 

Or at least the forum admins can take note.  Who knows it may not be anything new, just like the last read post thingy.

I dont think the website planners have not try the new format on their cellphones, in fact they probably have also tested on desktops and tablets as well. Otherwise there wont be a "preview" for cellphones, desktops and tablets.

Anyway, the forum revamp is an internal thing, I dont suppose any external mods are involve. They are just like you and me, just as lost, mayb a little better, but not any better. Their feedback will be just as good as feedback from you and me.  And sld their feedback be very different from ours, and the forum admins truly listens to them, will you accept that fact? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
28 minutes ago, therock said:

I guarantee you that's exactly what everyone's been doing. Gathering feedback internally, externally, compiling mistakes. Now what the tech team needs is time to fix things up back end, this means prioritizing what's on top of their list and working their way down that same list. 

The purpose of this thread is also to gather constructive feedback and also compile the errors faced by members, most of which already recorded. We are also super thankful for some members here who have been exploring the features of the forum with an open mind and sharing with others what's new, how to better navigate this new board etc.

We can't address every single comment here for now though.

For members too stressed out over the newly revamped forum, I would highly recommend to go watch some cat videos on Youtube now. 💟

876728260_tumblr_m0afdxYVEw1qhy6c9o7_250(1).gif.254df39cd75c59fc5becdff4aa41f8fa.gif

• Praise 6

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Guys, be patient.

My understand from @Carbon82 when we have lunch together this afternoon.

The revamp is not completed yet and is still ongoing. Please give the Admin and Tech support team more time to get MCF back to normal operation.

Weeeee thank you! Did @Carbon82 treat you to lunch? 

• Praise 1

Quick access buttons restored like before 

tabs to the last unread posts in each thread

Adding emojis and pics on a mobile

posting links leading to auto format for YouTube and re-titling the URL 

thats  my my current suggestions and wishlist 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, therock said:

Quick access buttons restored like before 

tabs to the last unread posts in each thread

Adding emojis and pics on a mobile

posting links leading to auto format for YouTube and re-titling the URL 

thats  my my current suggestions and wishlist 

Cheers 

I have a meeting from 6pm to 8pm, so i am rushing off for now. 

Let me come back later in the night and see if I can find what you wanted in the new format. 

I may not use some of the features you used, so I may need more information. 

Quick access buttons restored like before ? can you explain in more detail? I dont think I use this function.

tabs to the last unread posts in each thread---this part I think I posted a reply to you on the solution, pls check back my reply.

Adding emojis and pics on a mobile-------This one I can cfm there is no issue, if you check back, I have posted posts from my mobile with emojis, both the new and old emojis. There is also a post I listed as "testing from mobile" in the content with the picture of some food, all from my mobile. 

posting links leading to auto format for YouTube and re-titling the URL -----do you mean posting of youtube links and not youtube embed? if so just copy the link in the space bar from youtube and paste here, it will only appear as a link. If it is embedding, i have posted 2 embedded youtube and how to do it here, pls check back. For re-titling the URL, I dont use this function, but i will try later. 

Lets not talk about bringing things back, thats not going to happen, what we all can do is get ourselves together, share knowledge and try to get use to the new format as soon as possible, so that life can go on as usual. :yuush:[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, pChou said:

Hi, yes, there's a power limit for different rank, we will put up an announcement for the full feature. please bear with us a while. 

I didn't even know about this as I have not been praising much these few days (and probably have not reach my limit yet), but busy with exploring the various page and functions. No hurry with it (praising function can wait), but getting the system working is the top priority. Once again, good job team. [thumbsup]

1 hour ago, therock said:

eg those quick access buttons at the bottom of the page are really useful especially on a small hand phone screen

Alamak, didn't hear these from you this afternoon during our lunch catch up. We member mod are constantly in touch with MCF team, providing our feedback and suggestion, and rest assure they are working on them (ranked by priority of course).[nod]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5