2019/2020 MCF Revamp - Feedback/Errors

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

💟

47 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

those in RED, are they the same thing? :huh:

I was trying to elaborate on the points...

These buttons are now missing on the mobile site

As for youtube videos, in other similar sites using the new software, you can simply paste a youtube link and you get the video embedded, like the old site.. 

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, therock said:

As for youtube videos, in other similar sites using the new software, you can simply paste a youtube link and you get the video embedded, like the old site.. 

Since they are the same thing,  I think I gave you the solution earlier already? They are there,  they just appear differently,  and you just have to take a different route to get them.  Not that they are gone for good.  

Of course if you insist on having the old things back,  that is another story. 

You mean like this for the video? 

All you have to do is click on "share" in youtube,  "copy link" on cellphone,  and "paste" in the post.  And this is what I get.  

Done using my cellphone , in the toliet. 

You asking for something different from this or is there something easier than 3 steps in the old format? 

11 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

For youtube, the URL has to have youtube.com and contain v=wxyz$%^. Using the post you made in the Reckless Drivers thread for example,

Original URL you used: h t t p s : / / y o u t u . b e / s I 2 F 6 _ J F Z V E (Wouldn't work cos it uses youtu.be instead and direct video code)

URL I changed for you: h t t p s / / w w w . y o u t u b e . c o m / w a t c h ? v = s I 2 F 6 _ J F Z V E (contain youtube.com and video code link started with v=)

Actually, both works now. The moment i pasted the link, it shows up in the preview.. 

• Praise 1

37 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Since they are the same thing,  I think I gave you the solution earlier already? They are there,  they just appear differently,  and you just have to take a different route to get them.  Not that they are gone for good.  

Of course if you insist on having the old things back,  that is another story. 

You mean like this for the video? 

All you have to do is click on "share" in youtube,  "copy link" on cellphone,  and "paste" in the post.  And this is what I get.  

Done using my cellphone , in the toliet. 

You asking for something different from this or is there something easier than 3 steps in the old format? 

Eh damn unhygienic le u

hahah

• Praise 1

Just now, Beanoyip said:

Cannot be leh, i surf during ungodly hours still get 503 error.. so can't be server load..

7month so....

hahhah

10 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Cannot be leh, i surf during ungodly hours still get 503 error.. so can't be server load..

Now is not 503. Its 504 lol

7 hours ago, therock said:

On the cellphone,  go to menu,  click on "New post since last visit",  and a whole list will appear,  click on the bold head title,  and it brings you to where you left.  How much  easier do you want it to be? 

I give you example in screen shot here,  using the reckless thread.  It brings me to page 15, and the post after I last read on Monday.  

Screenshot_20190829_063126_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190829_063157_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190829_063227_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks 

I found them, since we are giving feedback I was hoping we can retain the buttons at the bottom of the page..

also, the unread threads button doesn’t take us to the last unread... it takes us to the last post, then we have to scroll backwards 

Appreciate the detailed tips and effort to help sir 👍 

thanks 🙏 

• Praise 1

Slow, buggy and takes forever to scroll the front page and threads. This place is dying for a "lite" version.

Sorry to say i hardly log in anymore its so painful

15 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Perhaps the older content prior to 2009 could be deleted since it's outdated and this measure prevents the server from choking up. 

haha, if we delete, sure there are people gonna complain..... 

2 hours ago, therock said:

Thanks 

I found them, since we are giving feedback I was hoping we can retain the buttons at the bottom of the page..

also, the unread threads button doesn’t take us to the last unread... it takes us to the last post, then we have to scroll backwards 

Appreciate the detailed tips and effort to help sir 👍 

thanks 🙏 

Well noted. we will put it back as soon as possible.

18 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Ok lah. Most people come here destress, TCSS a bit from their regular hectic lives.

So understandably, they prefer this part to stay the same. Demon like u, cannot understand hooman.

Heng Demon at least can understand Woomen......and their Bra...[:p]:a-happy:[laugh]

On 8/26/2019 at 4:04 PM, Kusje said:

Someone gimme some dislikes.

Wanna test

Actually the praise part for tge icon is a little misleading I also accidentally triggered dislike.

is the like / dislike now having a bit of a confirmation time for the person to change instead of instantly triggered with no reverses of decision?

Edited by Sdf4786k

12 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Actually the praise part for tge icon is a little misleading I also accidentally triggered dislike.

is the like / dislike now having a bit of a confirmation time for the person to change instead of instantly triggered with no reverses of decision?

So that ppl like you trigger happy have to think first hahahah

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Angry 1