2019/2020 MCF Revamp - Feedback/Errors

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

💟

2 hours ago, Heartlander said:

So now can no longer do anonymous dislike haha?! Finally! 

Also tested can remove the reaction, but don't know the validity window.

yah, seem like no more anonymous function, both praise and dislike.[grin]

I think there is no validity window, you can remove a reaction anytime, 5 days is as far back as I have tested. I think beyond one week, nobody would even remember who or which post they reacted to..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

15 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I also find myself posting less. Seems like I'm full from eating cold turkey 🤣

There's good and bad in this revamp.

Good is it's easier to post pix from mobile site. Navigation is about the same as a desktop site.

But what I miss most is the "All participated posts".

When I tap on it, there's only 1 post there and it's an old post.

So now I have to tap on individual forums to check out the posts. 

And the React thingy.. how does it work ah? Last time we can give points, now it's just a like with no points?

Personally I just use the forum home page and look at latest discussions for both car and non car. Last time there used to be a quicklink. Currently there is a latest discussion quicklink, but it seemed to be broken. But clicking on the home page achieves the same purpose (whereas the home page last time don't show forum topics) 

• Praise 3

18 hours ago, Tianmo said:

let me kaypo a little and share some of the basic features, hopefully can help some bros here to navigate better.

On Desktop version, at the MCF home page, scroll down and we can see all the tittle tabs we used to see

image.thumb.png.46f5cda414cfa7486be755301ee88125.png

click on any of the tabs, and it will bring you to the list of topics, by default the latest post will appear on top, but pinned and starred topics over rights this default. You can do your own setting by using the "sort by" button to the right of the page. 

image.thumb.png.5db2f2480f3e558b36c76f84e69fd6e6.png

If you go to the "forum" tab, it will bring you to the format below, which is the same as what was in the old format. 

image.thumb.png.35003467b1a5c5889325fb214dd207ce.png

Below the search bar, we can see the short cuts, namely "new post since last visit",  "all quoted replies", "all participated post",  "all latest discussion".  We can go into each short cuts and set up according to our preference. 

image.thumb.png.8b35800b73019f357e4e19febc564685.png

Overall, I seriously didnt see much changes, basic functions are almost unchanged, or maybe re-arranged a little. But to get used to all other fine details will of course take some time.  So lets get use to the basic functions and then slowly find out what functions are removed or added, useful or not is another story. 

I am sure the forum is still taking feedback, but more of how we can re-arrange the buttons to make them more user friendly or accessible. Or can we move some functions together, removed addition clicks. But dont expect them to take immediate action, they will also have to weigh it out if it is reasonable to act on the feedback. 

Otherwise, slow loading, error 504, breaking links, these are just part of the early part of the revamp, they will auto sort out as the guys stabilize the system, which I think is almost, or close to job done. At least I find it stabilizing the whole of yesterday and today.[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yeah it's mostly similar. Honestly I don't get what's the fussing all about. 

The mobile is sooooo much better now. And that's what's important. 

I also like that reactions to a single post is grouped from the last time u visited or refreshed. So that if u had a popular post, u don't get like ten notifications that someone liked your single post. 

• Praise 8

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Personally I just use the forum home page and look at latest discussions for both car and non car. Last time there used to be a quicklink. Currently there is a latest discussion quicklink, but it seemed to be broken. But clicking on the home page achieves the same purpose (whereas the home page last time don't show forum topics) 

The one button I use the most is the "new post since last visit". I set it to " all contents" and "everything", so it will show me all new posts and new threads since I last log out. 

I also set it to "Take me to first unread" , so when I click on the title , it will bring me to the last post I read.  

That's about all I do now.  KISS,  keep it short and simple. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Yeah it's mostly similar. Honestly I don't get what's the fussing all about. 

The mobile is sooooo much better now. And that's what's important. 

I also like that reactions to a single post is grouped from the last time u visited or refreshed. So that if u had a popular post, u don't get like ten notifications that someone liked your single post. 

Yah,  I also agree that the mobile is much much much better than before.  At least for IT idiot like me,  i find it very user friendly,  and similar to the desktop.  I almost never use the last mobile version,  always swtich to desktop when on mobile. But now I am quite happy with this mobile version. 

Yah,  the grouping of reaction for the same post is also very interesting,  a good idea I must say.  But it must be like a single link,  if the link is broken, meaning if you get a quote or praise on another post,  the grouping stops.  Still good tho.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 5

Hello, previous version i remember we hv the section on Participating Post in the main page, now i cannot find.. already deleted?

Thanks for the continual upgrading.. it is great!!

• Praise 2

I highly suspect bro Tianmo to be part of the IT team doing the upgrade exercise.  They must be feeding him with the information about the features and letting him share them like a pro user. :grin:

If in case he is not, he has proven by action that he is the biggest fan of the MCF. Bravo. :a-good:

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, rovwei said:

Hello, previous version i remember we hv the section on Participating Post in the main page, now i cannot find.. already deleted?

Thanks for the continual upgrading.. it is great!!

On mobile,  click on the menu to the left,  the 3 horizontal bars,  and the menu box will drop,  last third item on the light blue box.  

On desktop, click "forum", on the top bars,  below the "search" bar,  third from the left. 

But I think the function is not working properly now,  may have to wait for the team to fix it first. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 6

3 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

On mobile,  click on the menu to the left,  the 3 horizontal bars,  and the menu box will drop,  last third item on the light blue box.  

On desktop, click "forum", on the top bars,  below the "search" bar,  third from the left. 

But I think the function is not working properly now,  may have to wait for the team to fix it first. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Found it. Thks alot! 

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

I highly suspect bro Tianmo to be part of the IT team doing the upgrade exercise.  They must be feeding him with the information about the features and letting him share them like a pro user. :grin:

If in case he is not, he has proven by action that he is the biggest fan of the MCF. Bravo. :a-good:

KNN,  I am a total IT idiot,  if they had me on the team,  mcf will really have to shut down for 3-4 weeks,  not willing but of no choice.  :XD:

If there is anyone they have to feed information to share,  it will have to be the many mods here ah, queue to London also not my turn. [laugh]

Actually it's quite easy and simple to play ard with the new format,  it's just that most ppl refuse to accept changes only. Once you start exploring it,  anyone also can become what we call a SUPER USER in commercial terms.  [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 7

On 8/30/2019 at 5:26 PM, ALTK said:

I spotted an error...

from the homepage, I click on the ‘View more’ of LATEST NON CAR-RELATED DISCUSSION...it open up Latest car-related page instead of non-car related page.

0756C3D8-4B29-4845-8164-8464EF858273.jpeg

Click either "View more" and it'll open up both Car-related and Non Car-related threads. Non Car-related located towards the bottom part of the new page.

• Praise 6

Internal Moderator
23 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Thanks @Tianmo !!

• Praise 2

On 8/30/2019 at 5:26 PM, ALTK said:

I spotted an error...

from the homepage, I click on the ‘View more’ of LATEST NON CAR-RELATED DISCUSSION...it open up Latest car-related page instead of non-car related page.

0756C3D8-4B29-4845-8164-8464EF858273.jpeg

hi

are you using ipad to access the page, can you try again if the problem persists?