Toddler dies at Jewel Changi Airport

Carmour

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

The parents have hired a legal eagle to take on this case!

Family of toddler who died in Jewel store incident hires Singapore lawyer to handle case

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/family-of-toddler-who-died-in-jewel-store-incident-hires-singapore-lawyer-to-handle-case?utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ST_Newsletter_AM&utm_term=Family+of+toddler+who+died+in+Jewel+store+incident+hires+Singapore+lawyer+to+handle+case&utm_content=27%2F08%2F2019

↡ Advertisement

As a parent of two young children I still think it's the parents' responsibility to tell their kids to behave in public places.

Children will be children, they run, they chase, they play but as parents I will stop and warn them about the dangers around them. They should pay attention to other's safety and other's properties. There are consequences when you break something or hurt somebody.

So what the parents hired a lawyer? Are they telling ppl they are rich? Big fxxk lah? Can bring the child back to life? If only they bothered in the first place. A bit too late imo.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

As a parent of two young children I still think it's the parents' responsibility to tell their kids to behave in public places.

Children will be children, they run, they chase, they play but as parents I will stop and warn them about the dangers around them. They should pay attention to other's safety and other's properties. There are consequences when you break something or hurt somebody.

So what the parents hired a lawyer? Are they telling ppl they are rich? Big fxxk lah? Can bring the child back to life? If only they bothered in the first place. A bit too late imo.

When parents tell their kids to behave in public places and if kids dont listen and continue to misbehave, parents must really step in stop them and not just say say only. Many parents simply just shout at their kids not to run around in public places but never ensure that their kids listened and stop playing completely lo. Esp nowadays people love to glue on their smart phone, they would not pay much attention to their kids and surrounding.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
On 8/27/2019 at 8:21 AM, maxsee333 said:

I think what the parents did was right. Frankly speaking, no one knows exactly what happens in the store. Everyone is just speculating here and there on social media. It might be the parent's fault and it might be the store's fault. Best to let the law decide.

Just read that it was actually other children who were playing in the shop caused the mirror to fall on the victim.  

Sad as NO ONE wants this to happen even for an enemy's child.

Unfortunately, there are many such incidents waiting for accidents to happen:

1. allowing children to play (running up and down the aisle of the bus or even plane)

2. letting children play in the back of a car without seat belt

3. children pushing heavy trolley in supermarket

4. children running around in restaurants and shopping centres

5. children allowed to run on escalators

6. etc

I believe responsibility also lies with care-giver and not just society or businesses 

• Praise 1

When no shxt happen, everyone will be carrying on as usual .... [grin]

When shxt happen, everyone will be pinpointing at each other ... and it's never their own fault one... [gossip]

Sorry if my comments sounds shxtty  [wave]

• Praise 1

I just came across a news article a similar case just happened in US. A 2 year old girl died when a 8ft by 3 ft temporary steel wall fell on her at a shopping mall. 

Take care of your small kids! 

↡ Advertisement