Jaguar XE

Damienic

I think the wait will be much longer now, cos need to undergo the LTA dyno test which will take months. Anyway, it can only be my dream car, so I will continue to dream..

• Praise 1

No wonder I find the XC90 design looking somewhat dated when I visited the Wearnes showroom 2 days ago. Din know is been around for 12 yrs already. Goodness gracious

Yes, that's true. The design is very sleek for a model that was launched 6 yrs ago. In fact some car releases of recent years also cannot match it.

XE availability in 2015 is in Europe or SG?

I still remember around in 2003 i saw the new volvo XC90 in showroom, it did wowed me and almost bought the car.

Now on the road see the car, it turns me off lol

I think the wait will be much longer now, cos need to undergo the LTA dyno test which will take months. Anyway, it can only be my dream car, so I will continue to dream..

Unless Jaguar declare it under 130 bhp (don't think so), else I don't think they need to go through dyno test... I could be wrong..

By the way, will Jaguar XE-S model name kena banned by LTA? XE-S reverse become S-EX ??? Have to rename lor... :)

Edited by Hybridcar
  • Praise 1

Unless Jaguar declare it under 130 bhp (don't think so), else I don't think they need to go through dyno test... I could be wrong..

By the way, will Jaguar XE-S model name kena banned by LTA? XE-S reverse become S-EX ??? Have to rename lor... :)

They'll rename it -- KOIH - S

Unusual maybe but take a look at the XF again, it's still as modern as any other new releases from other brands.

XE available in 2015

I have to agree that the XF is still the most beautiful car on the road till today ( Sorry to say this even though I drive one )

I first saw it in 2009 or 2010 but now it is still a head-turner everytime I drive it. Sometimes

I dread the attention that it is getting esp when I am with other girls except my girlfriend

I read before that Ian Callum (chief designer of Jaguar) said that Jaguar is never meant to be a mass market luxury model like Mercedes or BMW. Although XE can be pegged to 3er or C-class in terms of size, it wouldn't mean much to compare their sales volumes.

I read before that Ian Callum (chief designer of Jaguar) said that Jaguar is never meant to be a mass market luxury model like Mercedes or BMW. Although XE can be pegged to 3er or C-class in terms of size, it wouldn't mean much to compare their sales volumes.

I doubt so. XE is one of the most important model for Jaguar and the success (in sales) is very critical for the car company. Tata would not invest money into something that only a few people buy.

In Singapore however, it will depends a lot of pricing. Jaguar still carries the "expensive to maintain" image, so it is critical to get people into the showroom and then convinced with good offer for total ownership cost.

I am looking forward to this car.

Let's hope the XE will not be like the previous X type ... DOA.

XE and X-type are still sharing tech with Ford Mondeo, and possibly the S60.

Same as Audi, it reduces R&D and production cost, but it dilutes the brand.

Unlike Merc and Bimmer,.. you drive their cars knowing you wont get the same tech in another car (except for the lower A class / 1 series range which shares engine with Renault and Mini/Peugeot respectively)

I don't think you are right. The XE has a brand new aluminium chassis, a new engine family, new wishbone-type front and rear suspension, and more importantly, its RWD. It shares no links with past Fords and Volvos. However, the basic structure and engines will be shared with future JLR models like the coming Jag SUV and the LR Discovery.

Back to the car, I think it looks pleasant, but lacks the panache expected of a Jag. Its too safe looking, inside and out, and unlikely to excite for long. And I feel that Jags must always have the crouching-cat-ready-to-pounce look. You only see that in the F-type now...

• Praise 2

I don't think you are right. The XE has a brand new aluminium chassis, a new engine family, new wishbone-type front and rear suspension, and more importantly, its RWD. It shares no links with past Fords and Volvos. However, the basic structure and engines will be shared with future JLR models like the coming Jag SUV and the LR Discovery.

Back to the car, I think it looks pleasant, but lacks the panache expected of a Jag. Its too safe looking, inside and out, and unlikely to excite for long. And I feel that Jags must always have the crouching-cat-ready-to-pounce look. You only see that in the F-type now...

My take. Interior is similar to LR or Volvo. In fact new Volvo XC90 interior look more exciting.

Exterior it look too similar to the XF, which is a 7 year old design.

What's exciting about the car is all underneath, the double wishbone suspension, the aluminium chassis, the new XF 8 speeder (used by BMW), maybe the new ingenium 4 pot engine (not much was mentioned about the IL4 petrol 2.0L engine, but i assume its gonna be turbo charged to achieve the EURO 6 CO2 emission) ... and possibly the driving dynamics.

But most car buyers are superficial... good looks always sells, no matter how bad the car drives. And that is something the XE lacks.

http://youtu.be/l8aPdhHGoBE

Video highlighting the new tech i.e. chassis, suspension etc

My take. Interior is similar to LR or Volvo. In fact new Volvo XC90 interior look more exciting.

Exterior it look too similar to the XF, which is a 7 year old design.

What's exciting about the car is all underneath, the double wishbone suspension, the aluminium chassis, the new XF 8 speeder (used by BMW), maybe the new ingenium 4 pot engine (not much was mentioned about the IL4 petrol 2.0L engine, but i assume its gonna be turbo charged to achieve the EURO 6 CO2 emission) ... and possibly the driving dynamics.

But most car buyers are superficial... good looks always sells, no matter how bad the car drives. And that is something the XE lacks.

A new challenger to our conti market....smack right in between BMW & Mercedes....This will definitely be one of the contender in Singapore when it arrive.....

Provided it's priced correctly, right?

BMW and Benz are so entrenched so Wearnes would have to "undercut" them I feel to have any inroads.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2