Jaguar XE

Damienic

Nice write up. Just to chip in my thoughts.

Cannot compare space using Volvo S60 versus XE. Should be:

Volvo S60 versus XF

Volvo S40 versus XE

XF swiveling knob can be shut off if one wishes. I used to own a Volvo too but my experience on reliability of my current Jaguar is much better than my Volvo. [:p]

Good to see some sort of assurance on the reliability. :)

It is my first jag and kinda dive into it even thou there's a lot of negative remarks on the reliability.

↡ Advertisement

Good to see some sort of assurance on the reliability. :)

It is my first jag and kinda dive into it even thou there's a lot of negative remarks on the reliability.

In fact I think I hear more problems with BMWs and Volkswagens... And of all Contis, Volkswsgen seems the worst. Not only do you hear stories and experiences from forums, friends and colleagues. But I have also seen quite a number of fairly new Volkswagens being towed on the roads... tow truck Uncle confirmed this too.

Volvo S60 versus XF

Volvo S40 versus XE

XF swiveling knob can be shut off if one wishes. I used to own a Volvo too but my experience on reliability of my current Jaguar is much better than my Volvo. [:p]

S40 stopped production a Long time ago... The current line up for sedans are the S60 and S80 (being replaced by the S90).

So in size and pricing terms, the S60 competes with 3 series, XE, C class, A4 and IS. Though both the XE and Volvo will cost considerable less than the Germans if you compare engine-to-engine or power-to-power (e.g S60 T5 costs around the same as XE 2.0T but both cost significantly less than a BMW 330i or Merc C250).

S90 competes with E Class, A6, 5 Series and XF.

Not sure if there are plans for a new S40... But the V40 is the smallest car Volvo will ever make, as Volvo says any smaller and safety will be compromised.

Cannot compare space using Volvo S60 versus XE. Should be:

Volvo S60 versus XF

Volvo S40 versus XE

XF swiveling knob can be shut off if one wishes. I used to own a Volvo too but my experience on reliability of  my current Jaguar is much better than my Volvo. [:p]

Should be Volvo S80 vs XF.

Volvo S60 vs XE. 

S80 is vs XJ.....

But the exterior dimension of S80 is only equilavent to XF its competitors. Interior could match XJ though.

Volvo S60 versus XF

Volvo S40 versus XE

hey bro, am driving XE, good to hear that reliability is positive.

Btw, how to shut off swiveling knob? Then how u change gear?

now..why would anyone turn off the interesting knob.....

saw a chio knob on the web....now have to find where to get. if any bros know, pls share the lobang...

post-169285-0-89979800-1457972291_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xoloto

I mean everytime you shut off and on the engine, the gear knob will move up and down. Understand that you can choose for it to stay on top all the time.

For mine, it is coming to 5 years and never have any knob issue. Also I am part of the Jaguar Club kakis at www.jaguarclubsg.com. We do regular meet up and networking. None of our kakis have this knob issue (but I am sure there may be out there). What I am saying is this knob should not be a issue to be worried about.

Everyone knows XE,  A4, C-class, 3 series = same class (S60 should belong here)

XF, A6, E-class, 5 series = same class (S80 should belong here as well as the new S90 which is a direct replacement for the S80)

XJ, A8, S-class, 7 series = same class (so far don't think Volvo have a direct competitor model to fit in this segment but I bet they will soon, they are on a roll!).

Everyone You knows generalize XE,  A4, C-class, 3 series = same class (S60 should belong here)

XF, A6, E-class, 5 series = same class (S80 should belong here as well as the new S90 which is a direct replacement for the S80)

XJ, A8, S-class, 7 series = same class (so far don't think Volvo have a direct competitor model to fit in this segment but I bet they will soon, they are on a roll!).

Cos I certainly don't know. [laugh]

Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 1

I mean everytime you shut off and on the engine, the gear knob will move up and down. Understand that you can choose for it to stay on top all the time.

For mine, it is coming to 5 years and never have any knob issue. Also I am part of the Jaguar Club kakis at www.jaguarclubsg.com. We do regular meet up and networking. None of our kakis have this knob issue (but I am sure there may be out there). What I am saying is this knob should not be a issue to be worried about.

joined the Jaguar Club, but pending admin approval i think.

When i log in, i cant view the XE discussion. Log out and can view....funny...

It's quiet there...need to jio more kakis...

Cos I certainly don't know. [laugh]

I didn't generalise. They are always spoken together in the same league during reviews and comparisons. Even individual brand executives speak of rival makes using these models. It's a widely known thing. Doesn't take a petrol head to know this  [laugh]

Everyone knows XE,  A4, C-class, 3 series = same class (S60 should belong here)

Geely wants an S-Class rival but Volvo doesn't. But if they do, S100 name is available.

For mine, it is coming to 5 years and never have any knob issue. Also I am part of the Jaguar Club kakis at www.jaguarclubsg.com. We do regular meet up and networking. None of our kakis have this knob issue (but I am sure there may be out there). What I am saying is this knob should not be a issue to be worried about.

ok got it.

But.... honestly, I like the entire startup sequence of the XE.

Press START. Engine growl. Speed and rpm dial lightup and spin to max and back down.

Then the rotary gear change rises out of its flushed position. And all the other lights and 8" touch screen switches On.

Mmmmmmm... its a GREAT start to the day.

joined the Jaguar Club, but pending admin approval i think.

When i log in, i cant view the XE discussion. Log out and can view....funny...

It's quiet there...need to jio more kakis...

Yeah bro, I noticed JaguarSGClub a bit quiet.

Are u gonna liven things up!? Maybe I should join too

now..why would anyone turn off the interesting knob.....

saw a chio knob on the web....now have to find where to get. if any bros know, pls share the lobang...

Hey!! That matches color of my car.....

yes, yes pls share if u guys know where to get

• Praise 2

Not sure why the turbocharged 2L petrol Jag XE only has 280nm of torque? Anyone can enlightened? Is it purposely detuned? 

Competitor offerings like the Audi A4 2.0TFSI, BMW 330i, Mercedes C250, all of which has a 2L turbocharged engine usually produces around 330-350nm of torque. That is a very big drop of torque in the Jag XE.. Not to mention the need to haul the 1.5 tonne body in the Jaguar XE.

• Praise 1

Is that spec for the current engine or the new Ingenium engine?

Not sure why the turbocharged 2L petrol Jag XE only has 280nm of torque? Anyone can enlightened? Is it purposely detuned? 

Competitor offerings like the Audi A4 2.0TFSI, BMW 330i, Mercedes C250, all of which has a 2L turbocharged engine usually produces around 330-350nm of torque. That is a very big drop of torque in the Jag XE.. Not to mention the need to haul the 1.5 tonne body in the Jaguar XE.

Hey!! That matches color of my car.....

yes, yes pls share if u guys know where to get

Some pics here extracted from Malaysia Jaguar. Think the red stuff only available on the R Sports.

post-169285-0-91881800-1458056826_thumb.jpg

post-169285-0-39899600-1458056839.jpg

post-169285-0-50223900-1458056850.jpg

But wait a little and sure can get some stuff from aliexpress etc.

Have u see this thats avail in ebay? Tot i saw it a aliexpress before, but couldnt locate it already

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Red-Growler-Badge-For-Jaguar-XF-XE-XJ-or-XK-Rotary-Gear-Selector-Knob-ON-SALE-/301881458304?hash=item4649897e80:g:wM0AAOSwYHxWNH-H

Edited by Xoloto
↡ Advertisement