Jaguar XE

Damienic

No "running in" philosopy for you? Well..I am trying hard to control and "run in" altho sometimes foot does slip abit and push the pedal slightly harder.

So am just fully on normal mode now...well at least for another 2000 km.....

Does dynamic + S mode makes alot difference compared to just dynamic or S mode?

Dynamic mode provides more responsive acceleration. It will allow the throttle to rev a little higher before shifting. The sports mode won't shift at all until you are close to redline. If you go to manual shifting, in sports mode, it will not go back to D. where as in dynamic if you leave the car in the highest gear for an extended amount of time, it will go back to automatic shifting just like in normal mode.

Dynamic mode also somewhat alters the shift points and alters throttle response, presumably the braking response is supposed to be a bit faster, and if you have an adjustable suspension, will alter that as well.

If you try both Dynamic and S together, the feeling I have is "wow"!  when you push your car, it will definitely be very different from activating only one of them.

Edited by Fourth
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

yeap, love the little details they built into the XE.

Also, theres the passenger mirror dipping down when in reverse gear.

btw how do u guys hit 1000km on one tank. I can get maybe 850km, but no more. I am on my 3rd tank already.

Just to share further for those considering:

Features that i like:

1) power boot... I just like to close the boot from inside the car.

2) music goes on playing after u shut down engine. Only goes off when u open the car doors.

3) when u open the door, steering wheel moves up to allow easier exit. I drive with the steering wheel at its lowest position and most extended, so... Really helpful.

4) wiper blades for drivers side is very long, cover the full height of wind screen... Awesome

5) childlock mode, disables power windows as well.

6) automatic wiper speed , but behaves quite erratically.

Having said that, i think SG diesel XE is really quite a low spec model. Looking at online reviews, theres alot more features that the Prestige model should have. But dont bother me too much as i dont think ill use them anyway...

Overall the drive and the looks of the car attracts me most.

And to know that the OMV is the same as a 520 but u are paying alot lesser for the Jag seals the deal for me.

Cheers..

• Praise 1

Dynamic mode provides more responsive acceleration. It will allow the throttle to rev a little higher before shifting. The sports mode won't shift at all until you are close to redline. If you go to manual shifting, in sports mode, it will not go back to D. where as in dynamic if you leave the car in the highest gear for an extended amount of time, it will go back to automatic shifting just like in normal mode.

Dynamic mode also somewhat alters the shift points and alters throttle response, presumably the braking response is supposed to be a bit faster, and if you have an adjustable suspension, will alter that as well.

If you try both Dynamic and S together, the feeling I have is "wow"!  when you push your car, it will definitely be very different from activating only one of them.

Very well described Fourth.

"Janice Ng" here by the way, was using my wife's FB account. 

I've created an account with MCF now.

I don't think I'll be able to hit 1000km per tank, but lets see, my estimate is about 800-850.  I'm on my second tank now.

Here's my take:

Dynamic + D, throttle response sharpens but gears don't hold, when you depress the pedal, there's a sharp acceleration especially when the turbo kicks in.  The car just feels jerky to drive.

Normal + S mode, you need to vary the pedal quite a bit as the throttle input is dampened, gears hold but depressing the pedal gently don't do much.  And there's a kick point when the car just accelerates sharply.  Once again, jerky and unpredictable.

Dynamic + S, least turbo lag, the accelerator pedal is just a lot more predictable. which makes it fun to drive.

Seems like a couple of us took delivery of the Diesel XE recently.  Nice to meet you guys...

Just wondering what color did you guys get?

I got Bluefire/ Latte.

One more question:  What does the rear fog lamp switch do?

I turned it on, walked to the rear of the car, didn't notice any difference...

Any ideas?

Edited by ninerzero
  • Praise 2

I don't think I'll be able to hit 1000km per tank, but lets see, my estimate is about 800-850. I'm on my second tank now.

Here's my take:

Dynamic + D, throttle response sharpens but gears don't hold, when you depress the pedal, there's a sharp acceleration especially when the turbo kicks in. The car just feels jerky to drive.

Normal + S mode, you need to vary the pedal quite a bit as the throttle input is dampened, gears hold but depressing the pedal gently don't do much. And there's a kick point when the car just accelerates sharply. Once again, jerky and unpredictable.

Dynamic + S, least turbo lag, the accelerator pedal is just a lot more predictable. which makes it fun to drive.

Seems like a couple of us took delivery of the Diesel XE recently. Nice to meet you guys...

I got Bluefire/ Latte.

One more question: What does the rear fog lamp switch do?

Any ideas?

Am on 2nd tank and manage 500km on half tank. Thereafter switch to dynamics mode after reading all your comments. Reaching 700 with 1/4 tank to go.

Am black with black pack and black rim...

Hello to the white xe SLB plate driver at wearnes now....

i don't normally login to MCF. read only for information. anyway got my XE 2 weeks ago. Bluefire/Black pack/Black leather. on my second full tank now. fantastic car to drive certainly. 

• Praise 1

I don't think I'll be able to hit 1000km per tank, but lets see, my estimate is about 800-850.  I'm on my second tank now.

Here's my take:

Dynamic + D, throttle response sharpens but gears don't hold, when you depress the pedal, there's a sharp acceleration especially when the turbo kicks in.  The car just feels jerky to drive.

Normal + S mode, you need to vary the pedal quite a bit as the throttle input is dampened, gears hold but depressing the pedal gently don't do much.  And there's a kick point when the car just accelerates sharply.  Once again, jerky and unpredictable.

Seems like a couple of us took delivery of the Diesel XE recently.  Nice to meet you guys...

I got Bluefire/ Latte.

One more question:  What does the rear fog lamp switch do?

Any ideas?

Having more responsiveness to your foot, normally means "jerk response". Fun for the driver, not for the passenger.  

When I connect to S and Dynamic, the car gets really aggressive. I don't drive an XE. Mine's an XF 3.0 Diesel S. The new XEs look really cool.

The rear fog light button will light up the fog light at the rear of your car. I checked mine working. Did you turn on your headlights when you tried that?

yeap, love the little details they built into the XE.

Also, theres the passenger mirror dipping down when in reverse gear.

btw how do u guys hit 1000km on one tank. I can get maybe 850km, but no more. I am on my 3rd tank already.

2nd tank and reached 800km (half tank normal, half tank dynamic mode) before low fuel warning. Think will be hard to reach 1000km unless super light footed and lots of highway.

BTW, r u able to preset your mirror dip angle? Was told by my SE that it is able to, but am unsucessful in setting to my preferred angle.

ahhh I remember SE also mentioned too. Lemme try tmrrw and feedback.

2nd tank and reached 800km (half tank normal, half tank dynamic mode) before low fuel warning. Think will be hard to reach 1000km unless super light footed and lots of highway.

BTW, r u able to preset your mirror dip angle? Was told by my SE that it is able to, but am unsucessful in setting to my preferred angle.

Hi Ninerzero, haha was surprised Janice Ng knew so much about gear changes!!!!

I really think cannot make 1000km per tank.

And I hv not tried the combos, and honestly like it in plain N mode.

I got the Racing red/latte but Bluefire was heavily considered, but I caved to temptation

I don't think I'll be able to hit 1000km per tank, but lets see, my estimate is about 800-850. I'm on my second tank now.

Here's my take:

Dynamic + D, throttle response sharpens but gears don't hold, when you depress the pedal, there's a sharp acceleration especially when the turbo kicks in. The car just feels jerky to drive.

Normal + S mode, you need to vary the pedal quite a bit as the throttle input is dampened, gears hold but depressing the pedal gently don't do much. And there's a kick point when the car just accelerates sharply. Once again, jerky and unpredictable.

Seems like a couple of us took delivery of the Diesel XE recently. Nice to meet you guys...

I got Bluefire/ Latte.

One more question: What does the rear fog lamp switch do?

Any ideas?

Congrats!!!!!

Been driving close to 7 weeks... no regrets....

Love the cars composure... at any speed...

i don't normally login to MCF. read only for information. anyway got my XE 2 weeks ago. Bluefire/Black pack/Black leather. on my second full tank now. fantastic car to drive certainly.

Hi.. How do i check the tyre pressure.?

I went into the vehicle info menu , without starting the engine but couldnt find.

Not able to as our options does not come with TPMS.

So I bought those ciggies plug in TPMS. Currently on its way in from china.

Edited by Xoloto

Hi Bro,  just tried this morning and realized that I had preset before.

When in R gear, with the mirror dipped, I selected that mirror and used joystick to adjust.

Works OK, however, I think it also affects that mirror in normal drive mode.

After purposely moving the mirror in R to a different position, then switching to D gear, I see the side mirror a bit off from the earlier setting.

I have also noticed over the last 7 weeks, that during day to day driving, I have had to readjust my passenger side mirror a few times.

Maybe caused by dipping mirror feature and a bit of offset for the mirror motor position?

Anyone else noticed this....

• Praise 1

Am on my second tank.  
Reached half tank today, 450 with 450 to go.

Wow, i would think that TMPS should come as standard.
in any case, need to find out how much air to fill now... if any one already know, please kindly share.. :)

So.. two blue, one red and one black.
Small sample size but it seems like it is representative of a poll done in the UK forums.

Think it was 30+% blue, 10+% black and 10+%red.. 

Hahaha...

Xoloto, nice color combo, all black... will look out for you on the road.

So far, i've only seen one XE, blue fire Petrol, looks like a R-sport trim.

My first instinct was to opt for grey.  Since storm grey is not available, I was looking at ammonite grey.
But when I went back to the showroom on the second day, the bluefire/ latte was calling out to me... 

Very short decision cycle for me, just 3 days as i was going overseas and needed to go for bidding already.
I was shopping around for the last 6 months and I did not once stepped into JLR showroom.

Collected the car in less than 2 weeks after placing deposit.  

What other cars were you guys considering in the buying process?

Edited by ninerzero

For tyre pressure, there is a sticker with a table of pressures on the inside of the driver side on "inside" of B pillar.

Ours should be 205/55 R17 95Y - 230 kPa both front and rear.

wah your mileage is pretty good

Btw I think there is one white in the forum.

Am on my second tank.  
Reached half tank today, 450 with 450 to go.

Wow, i would think that TMPS should come as standard.
in any case, need to find out how much air to fill now... if any one already know, please kindly share.. :)

So.. two blue, one red and one black.
Small sample size but it seems like it is representative of a poll done in the UK forums.

Think it was 30+% blue, 10+% black and 10+%red.. 

Hahaha...

Xoloto, nice color combo, all black... will look out for you on the road.

So far, i've only seen one XE, blue fire Petrol, looks like a R-sport trim.

My first instinct was to opt for grey.  Since storm grey is not available, I was looking at ammonite grey.
But when I went back to the showroom on the second day, the bluefire/ latte was calling out to me... 

Very short decision cycle for me, just 3 days as i was going overseas and needed to go for bidding already.
I was shopping around for the last 6 months and I did not once stepped into JLR showroom.

Collected the car in less than 2 weeks after placing deposit.  

What other cars were you guys considering in the buying process?

I was considering c180 320 volvo s60 n s80. Was v impressed with s60 with its 245 hp and somewhat spacious interior n ergo seats. However the car is pretty dated. When price for XE dropped then there was no looking elsewhere of cos. Do we have any whatsapp group for xe owners?

• Praise 1

Thanks Orion, will check my tyre pressure the next time i go to the petrol station. 

Feels damn long since my last visit.. haha.

A lot of highway driving for me.

Looks like i'm set to achieve 900km for my 2nd tank.. let's see.

S60 T5 is interesting.. 0-100 in 6.3s, but the interior is quite hard accept.

C180 looks good, in a different way from XE, but quite poorly spec from what i recall.

The interior of the new A4 is impressive, but exterior hardly changed.

Didn't consider 320...

If someone is going to create a whatsapp group, should name it 159,999   :a-m1212:

I was considering c180 320 volvo s60 n s80. Was v impressed with s60 with its 245 hp and somewhat spacious interior n ergo seats. However the car is pretty dated. When price for XE dropped then there was no looking elsewhere of cos. Do we have any whatsapp group for xe owners?

Yes, there is a whatsapp group for XE in the jaguar forum.

↡ Advertisement