Jaguar XE

Damienic

Great to see so many new XE owners here - keep chatting guys, this thread is somewhat quiet!

I am a proud ex-owner of a X-Type. Some say it is a Mondeo, but I still love it nonetheless! [laugh]

• Praise 3

If only it is that simple Bro..

Let say pound drops 30% against Sing long term

Would XE selling at 170k now be selling at 120k then?, even cheaper the camry and close to Altis elegance?

Jag cannot be selling cheaper than Jap cars for the simple reason that they have to price it as a premium brand car if not they lose their "status". This is as important as the no of cars they sell.

If pound drops, it gives AD more flexibility in pricing and to increase their profit margin

When the new XE was launched, it was at 205K and 199k nett after discount

This was higher than c180 and they must have found it difficult to move as most probably would have chosen the c180 when it is cheaper

When u look at their cheapest pricing 169999K for XE petrol after all the rebates and discounts, the price probably was made with the c180 price in mind which went as low as the 170k plus. XE profit margin is so much lower than BMW 3 series and C series

The take home message is that pricing strategy will determine the price and unlikely to fall in tandem or in proportion to drop in pound

Even though drop in pound will certainly be welcome news to Jag lovers.

I suspect they might keep the list price, give a bit more discount, and load it up with more options to buff up the OMV a bit so everyone happy.

Great to see so many new XE owners here - keep chatting guys, this thread is somewhat quiet!

I am a proud ex-owner of a X-Type. Some say it is a Mondeo, but I still love it nonetheless! [laugh]

does anyone know if the new F-PACE engine is still using FORD (Mondeo) or new engine by Jag / LR ?

thanks!

• Praise 1

does anyone know if the new F-PACE engine is still using FORD (Mondeo) or new engine by Jag / LR ?

thanks!

Still the same. the new petrol engine will only come end of 2016

• Praise 1

thanks!

The new F Pace is powered by the all new Ingenium 2.0 Diesel powerplant, developed by JLR. 

Up the line, you get the 3.0 supercharged V6 - the same ones you find in the XE S, XF S, XJ 3.0 and the F-Type S, albeit in different states of tune. 

No longer using Ford Mondeo engines 

Auto start stop off or on, doesn't make a lot of difference to fuel economy. Rims is stock, no upsize? What are your usual routes like.. City vs highway?

But your SE bulls**t also lah, mostly city drive, 1000km. If I use 80% highway, like that 1200km per tank at least.

Think its the way ones drives, heavy pedals etc

The new F Pace is powered by the all new Ingenium 2.0 Diesel powerplant, developed by JLR. 

Up the line, you get the 3.0 supercharged V6 - the same ones you find in the XE S, XF S, XJ 3.0 and the F-Type S, albeit in different states of tune. 

No longer using Ford Mondeo engines 

only diesel ?

any one knows the price ?

will there be a petrol version ?

If only it is that simple Bro..

Let say pound drops 30% against Sing long term

Would XE selling at 170k now be selling at 120k then?, even cheaper the camry and close to Altis elegance?

Jag cannot be selling cheaper than Jap cars for the simple reason that they have to price it as a premium brand car if not they lose their "status". This is as important as the no of cars they sell.

If pound drops, it gives AD more flexibility in pricing and to increase their profit margin

When the new XE was launched, it was at 205K and 199k nett after discount

This was higher than c180 and they must have found it difficult to move as most probably would have chosen the c180 when it is cheaper

When u look at their cheapest pricing 169999K for XE petrol after all the rebates and discounts, the price probably was made with the c180 price in mind which went as low as the 170k plus. XE profit margin is so much lower than BMW 3 series and C series

The take home message is that pricing strategy will determine the price and unlikely to fall in tandem or in proportion to drop in pound

Even though drop in pound will certainly be welcome news to Jag lovers.

Any updates for new Jag owners  about price drops ?

only diesel ?

Repost from my post on jaguar CX17 thread: 

Was at Wearnes today.

F-Pace 2.0 Ingenium Diesel - est 245k 

F-Pace 3.0 Petrol Supercharged - est 285k

Comes with 3 year warranty and 5 year free servicing if am not wrong.

Diesel service interval is 34,000km !!! 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

No drastic drop in XE price

Listed prices have been creeping up at 185 999

Trade in old car plus take insurance, 175k Plus

Still slightly lower than C180 price

only diesel ?

• Praise 11

No drastic drop in XE price

Listed prices have been creeping up at 185 999

Trade in old car plus take insurance, 175k Plus

Still slightly lower than C180 price

Yup prices are going up abit, likely coz the current shipment / ex stock is sold out 

One thing i love about Jaguar and wearnes is that there are at times, really good deals, especially when the 'factory' wants to really move these Jaguars. 

I rmb the outgoing XF was $199k with OMV of ard 56k, COE of around $68k plus. 

Today the new XF is $221k with OMV of ard 48k, at today's COE prices. 

If you can wait it out, wait. 

Take the leap when that hard to resist good deal comes along. :)

• Praise 1

Yes I agreed that at $159k it is a steal.

I ordered it in Mar and waited till June cos changed the interior Colour and rim! Just got it last week. Fill up the tank today after done 732 km with 230 DTE using Eco mode.

Was told by the SE that my car that is in silver with beige interior is rare. Changed the rim to the 7 spokes 17" Crub design look slightly better than 10 spokes one.

• Praise 3

Yes I agreed that at $159k it is a steal.

I ordered it in Mar and waited till June cos changed the interior Colour and rim! Just got it last week. Fill up the tank today after done 732 km with 230 DTE using Eco mode.

Was told by the SE that my car that is in silver with beige interior is rare. Changed the rim to the 7 spokes 17" Crub design look slightly better than 10 spokes one.

Silver with biege interior is very nice. 

Did you have to top up for the price?

(edited)

Yup prices are going up abit, likely coz the current shipment / ex stock is sold out 

One thing i love about Jaguar and wearnes is that there are at times, really good deals, especially when the 'factory' wants to really move these Jaguars. 

not just Jaguar, Volvo as well (which is under Wearnes) - i do agree if you dun mind waiting , there are a few "fire sales" (first come first serve) at times

esp for big corporate events, cos both Jag & Volvo are "popular event cars" - so if you are not after customized parts / features and going after base models ... why not? 

Edited by rickosw

You are right, maybe  wait for their lelong

Jag XE Diesel latest list price $174 999 is their highest since Feb 16, but still 10k off peak

S60 new model should also come within 1 yr or so

For those who got Jag XE D at 159 999 plus all the additional perks, u got a fantastic deal

post-155562-0-32196800-1467521251.jpg

not just Jaguar, Volvo as well (which is under Wearnes) - i do agree if you dun mind waiting , there are a few "fire sales" (first come first serve) at times

esp for big corporate events, cos both Jag & Volvo are "popular event cars" - so if you are not after customized parts / features and going after base models ... why not? 

• Praise 12

Turbocharged

You are right, maybe  wait for their lelong

Jag XE Diesel latest list price $174 999 is their highest since Feb 16, but still 10k off peak

S60 new model should also come within 1 yr or so

For those who got Jag XE D at 159 999 plus all the additional perks, u got a fantastic deal

attachicon.gifXE.jpg

159k is after the discounts and overtrade and whatever, or not factoring them in yet?

Lol you are looking at RRP you go showroom wanna buy XF? It will be around $200k as I check one mth ago! for me I rather buy the new XF look better, different in OMV COE no diff for me but buying an outgoing model is like using iphone 5 now. :)

Just personal preferences

159k is after the discounts and overtrade and whatever, or not factoring them in yet?

All in I Guess, one mth ago price quote to me was $162k just discount u wanna trade in or not they dun really care but must take loan from them lah
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Yes, different people, different preferences and views

It depends on the price difference between the new and old XF model

The current XF model is more of a facelift with some changes internally and in exterior

After discount nett is around $210-215k depending on when one book the deal

The old XF was going for 20k or more cheaper (without having to do trade in) when they were clearing the last stocks

Unlike the new C180 which was significantly different from the old model

20-25k cheaper for the older XF model, think a lot of people would grab

Lol you are looking at RRP you go showroom wanna buy XF? It will be around $200k as I check one mth ago! for me I rather buy the new XF look better, different in OMV COE no diff for me but buying an outgoing model is like using iphone 5 now. :)

Just personal preferences
All in I Guess, one mth ago price quote to me was $162k just discount u wanna trade in or not they dun really care but must take loan from them lah

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9