Jaguar XE

Damienic

19 hours ago, car50 said:

New Facelift XE at coming motoshow

Pricing will be interesting, ?155k ?165k?

Based on Wearnes listed price, the facelifted model is going at $182k for the petrol version.

Perhaps may have some promotional price on site showroom.

Saw some 3-4 years old diesel xe having for what seems to be a nice deal.

Seeking owners to give some comments on the ownership experience, especially in terms of servicing, repair and replacement costs.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

Seeking owners to give some comments on the ownership experience, especially in terms of servicing, repair and replacement costs.

Thanks in advance

Many XE owners are getting rid of the diesel variant due to the increase in diesel taxes.

8 hours ago, Davidtkl said:

Many XE owners are getting rid of the diesel variant due to the increase in diesel taxes.

you mean the $0.20/l of diesel?  or the special tax on diesel engines?

Any expectations of these going up?

Neutral Newbie
On 1/28/2020 at 11:33 AM, Lotr said:

Thanks in advance

Currently driving a 2017 XE 2.0D. The car came with 3 years warranty and 5 years servicing. Driven for 2.5 years, no issues with car so far and I'd say the servicing experience with the service team is quite good. Only wear and tear cost for me thus far is for tyre replacement (~$900). Can consider if you can find one under warranty with servicing remaining. The new jags come with 5 years warranty for peace of mind.

Pros: Sleek looks, quality interior and spirited driving experience - especially on dynamic/sports mode. 900km on full tank. 2017 model doesn't require yearly top-up of diesel exhaust fluid (e.g. Adblu). 

Cons: Small rear seats/boot for a sedan. Road tax 1800+/per year. Wearnes servicing and parts for Jag very pricy. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Helloz said:

Currently driving a 2017 XE 2.0D. The car came with 3 years warranty and 5 years servicing. Driven for 2.5 years, no issues with car so far and I'd say the servicing experience with the service team is quite good. Only wear and tear cost for me thus far is for tyre replacement (~$900). Can consider if you can find one under warranty with servicing remaining. The new jags come with 5 years warranty for peace of mind.

Pros: Sleek looks, quality interior and spirited driving experience - especially on dynamic/sports mode. 900km on full tank. 2017 model doesn't require yearly top-up of diesel exhaust fluid (e.g. Adblu). 

Cons: Small rear seats/boot for a sedan. Road tax 1800+/per year. Wearnes servicing and parts for Jag very pricy. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Good to know that the car has been reliable for you.

The increase in road tax can be easily covered by the fuel efficiency and lower diesel price based on my yearly mileage of about 20k

The rear seats and boot space is quite small so there's a bit of concern there but really I am the only one in the car most of the time.

• Praise 1

sorry to bring up this thread

is the price listed on wearn web site latest?

or SE will give a promo as read the past 30 pages price like ranging  139999 to 193k

Supercharged
39 minutes ago, Vaxvms said:

sorry to bring up this thread

is the price listed on wearn web site latest?

or SE will give a promo as read the past 30 pages price like ranging  139999 to 193k

Go to Wearnes and ask.

Jag got no business, they will be very happy to entertain any prospects.

Just a bit of warning - Jag as a brand may not survive, new CEO of JLR signal that Jag is wrong business to be in, trying to chase BMW. Rumours are he may cut Jag and just focus on the profitable Land Rover.

guess no worry on Jag as a brand can survive or not...

....i had driven saab which toh  think 10 years ago

no issue wif wear n tear parts during tat period.........maybe i lucky

On 7/24/2021 at 5:15 PM, t0y0ta said:

Go to Wearnes and ask.

Jag got no business, they will be very happy to entertain any prospects.

Just a bit of warning - Jag as a brand may not survive, new CEO of JLR signal that Jag is wrong business to be in, trying to chase BMW. Rumours are he may cut Jag and just focus on the profitable Land Rover.

or make a 1 series type of jag in a Nano car format with a rubber stamp on it. 

I bought a 2017 Jag xe 2.0D last yr with 20k mileage.. personally i felt its a really good car. Of course it must suit your needs as well. Im in sales so driving around alot and fuel efficiency is highly prioritized for me. Getting 7l/100km (14-15km/l) for 50/50 highway city driving. Cheap diesel from smartenergy. Plenty of power and torque as well. Handles well as its rwd. Lots of tech. The new facelift has digital cockpit and all. The built quality is great.

I've driven the bmw f30 316i, Audi A5 3.0T(supercharged) and the last before the jag was a 2019 bmw 216 gran tourer (facelifted with 7spd dct). The jag is really what i felt has everything from power to looks and tech (even the auto steering column which adjusts up when you switch off the engine). 

Dont be afraid of reliability.. the new ingenium engine is great!

If u really do drive adults around alot, then the rear seats might be small? Im only ferrying mostly my young kids so no issues. Not sure if the rear seats can fold now because mine doesn't (its an option).

Edited by Rayoflight
  • Praise 4

If u go outside of wearnes, a normal oil+filter change is 200+?

Mine is still under free servicing with Wearnes so im not sure how much they charge.

Anyway the servicing internal is damn long.. every 30k km service once.. hahaha

If u are interested, im looking to sell mine..

Nov 2017 car with wearnes extended warranty till nov 2022 and free servicing. (Bought the car preowned last yr from Wearnes as 2nd owner)

50k km mileage

I really like the car alot for its fuel efficiency and low running cost.. the power and handling is great too..

PM me if u are interested. 😉

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Rayoflight said:

Mine is still under free servicing with Wearnes so im not sure how much they charge.

Nov 2017 car with wearnes extended warranty till nov 2022 and free servicing. (Bought the car preowned last yr from Wearnes as 2nd owner)

50k km mileage

I really like the car alot for its fuel efficiency and low running cost.. the power and handling is great too..

XE drive and handling are good, more than enough power on our roads, it has the cat purring sound

• Praise 2

Supercharged
20 hours ago, Rayoflight said:

50k km mileage

30k servicing interval?

Seriously....

The JLR people trying to pull a fast one and pretend their engines and oil can defy chemistry laws

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
33 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

30k servicing interval?

Seriously....

The JLR people trying to pull a fast one and pretend their engines and oil can defy chemistry laws

Engine kaboom then can charge $$$$. 

↡ Advertisement