Budget Direct Insurance

Discoburg

3 hours ago, Beehive3783 said:

I have the policy wording from FWD's website. I don't see any specific line mentioning that they cover claims for damage due to flood or acts of god. Without specifically stating it in the policy wording, they can always find ways to shirk responsibility if it happens.

Disclaimer : To each his own.  Buy with your confidence !

I spoke with the customer service from FWD and this is what I got.  

In the past , under the exclusion clause, flood and fallen trees were there hence it is not covered.  They have since removed it.  

Though it is not stated in the policy, we can request the certificate of purchase that will reflect these items. 

I park my faith with them especially my email drafted very specifically to the agent (money smart) that I needed the followings 

1. NCD Protector 
2.  My Choice of workshop 
3.  Cover flood and fallen tree i.e. acts of GOD 
4. Access $800
5. Windscreen Access $100. 

P/S - Just spoke to the agent from Money Smart, he told me FWD is in the midst of updating the policy wording to include "Flood and Fallen Trees" 

Edited by Innocuous
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Davidtch said:

You need a lawyer to explain to you😂

Why need lawyer? My own conclusion is that the words "flood" and "act of god" are not in the policy wording.

17 minutes ago, Innocuous said:

Disclaimer : To each his own.  Buy with your confidence !

I spoke with the customer service from FWD and this is what I got.  

In the past , under the exclusion clause, flood and fallen trees were there hence it is not covered.  They have since removed it.  

Though it is not stated in the policy, we can request the certificate of purchase that will reflect these items. 

I park my faith with them especially my email drafted very specifically to the agent (money smart) that I needed the followings 

1. NCD Protector 
2.  My Choice of workshop 
3.  Cover flood and fallen tree i.e. acts of GOD 
4. Access $800
5. Windscreen Access $100. 

P/S - Just spoke to the agent from Money Smart, he told me FWD is in the midst of updating the policy wording to include "Flood and Fallen Trees" 

BTW, I did get a quote from Moneysmart also. The fella was very pushy about getting me to sign with FWD through them. Few days later, FWD called me directly and said the Capitaland vouchers are not applicable to those who use ms20 code (Moneysmart) when purchasing.

So if you purchased through Moneysmart, better make sure you get the Capitaland vouchers.

I have not decided yet since my renewal notice has not reached me yet.

Neutral Newbie

my advice is avoid them, they are not the cheapest in town.

only marketing gimmicks.

don't fall into their traps.

Just in case anyone whose insurance is going to due, you may use my Buddy ID to renew as this will give further discount. 

Buddy74713

I used Budget direct for  last 2 years... never claim but premium keep going up despite higher NCB... give up & went to NTUC .. surprisingly cheaper with the promotional vouchers ...

Guess it is always the same, cheaper to entice new customers, existing they don’t treasure ....

On 7/3/2020 at 7:17 PM, Bezbee said:

I used Budget direct for  last 2 years... never claim but premium keep going up despite higher NCB... give up & went to NTUC .. surprisingly cheaper with the promotional vouchers ...

Guess it is always the same, cheaper to entice new customers, existing they don’t treasure ....

Price difference how much?