A day in London

Mockngbrd

On 8/28/2019 at 12:14 AM, Mockngbrd said:

Recently I had the chance to travel to the UK for some "work", naturally, I had to extend my stay but unfortunately due to ticketing costs, could only extend it by one extra day. So with that extra day, i headed over for my first visit to London. Here's a writeup of where I went. 

https://garage36.wordpress.com/2019/08/28/a-day-in-london/

Nice blog! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks for sharing!

Nice write up! But I wouldn't have spent my time this way... definitely different interests... my last trip was in 2018... spent 5 days in London, 2 weeks in UK... it was rather warm then... prefer the great cold UK weather... London is so historic, so full of energy, 2 weeks won't ever be enough... only if I had money to visit every year... sigh...

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Its a very strange place.

They drink their beers warm and eat their pies cold.

Look at the thick gelatin on that pie.

:o

z.thumb.jpg.2eda6bbfe08a0e2215d06fe3d480799a.jpg

Most British pubs sell their beer and lager too cold to get the proper taste.  I really like beer sold at room temperature and London Pride is my favourite.

I'm guessing that's a pork pie and they are excellent with english mustard, a real treat if you get a home made pork pie and a pint of London Pride.

But for the real taste of old London you have to try, pie, mash and liquor or even better pie, mash liquor and jellied eels, fabulous.

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

23 hours ago, Neutrino said:

Most British pubs sell their beer and lager too cold to get the proper taste.  I really like beer sold at room temperature and London Pride is my favourite.

I'm guessing that's a pork pie and they are excellent with english mustard, a real treat if you get a home made pork pie and a pint of London Pride.

But for the real taste of old London you have to try, pie, mash and liquor or even better pie, mash liquor and jellied eels, fabulous.

Nice videos! Thanks! Never been to the East End before in 3 previous trips... this would be one of those bucket list things to do... eat pie and mash at the first place in London to put them together as such! Not a fan of fish, but the jellied eels look interesting... do they smell fishy?

Edited by teomingern

3 hours ago, teomingern said:

Nice videos! Thanks! Never been to the East End before in 3 previous trips... this would be one of those bucket list things to do... eat pie and mash at the first place in London to put them together as such! Not a fan of fish, but the jellied eels look interesting... do they smell fishy?

Not at all.  Once tried you'll like them.

But iirc they can be poisonous before being cooked.

On 11/30/2020 at 10:03 PM, Neutrino said:

Not at all.  Once tried you'll like them.

But iirc they can be poisonous before being cooked.

I see... wow! I like trout and kippers too... so maybe I will like eels... poisonous before cooking? Woah...

↡ Advertisement